Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion Community Feedback and Suggestions Thread 2017
The 2 trees being ATM craftable and loots

orange [tr4] > red [hero]
Vs
Etc > light blue [tr4] > dark blue [hero]

So the idea makes it just the 1line with the orange being inbetween dark blue and red. The stats are already inbetween but who can use is not and that the unfair part you could say. With this change ... Can't be fucked to repeat my self as I'm on holidays... But to me it has alot more (+) then (-)

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
potential solution to lack of legendary drops: add a bunch of low dropping dropping "leg's" with similar stats to avg tier craftables
eg swadian great helm is 66 head armour for inf and ~1.7m so what if a new leg was for inf at 65 head armour and drops slightly more frequently than normal leg's.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(30-10-2017, 03:02 AM)Woody Wrote: The 2 trees being ATM craftable and loots

orange [tr4] > red [hero]
Vs
Etc > light blue [tr4] > dark blue [hero]

So the idea makes it just the 1line with the orange being inbetween dark blue and red. The stats are already inbetween but who can use is not and that the unfair part you could say. With this change ... Can't be fucked to repeat my self as I'm on holidays... But to me it has alot more (+) then (-)

What you seem to be missing is what the Tiers are. They are a single Tier of stats. For example. You have the Ullr's Bane and Stag Bow, Both can be considered the best bow none warden locked. There is no place for another bow in that tier. So everyone one who had a Hurricane or Fiendish would be out a bow (Or we would have insane amounts of Ullr's Bane and Stag Bows)

What making all of the Orange Legendary's Red would do is make many of them completely Obsolete. Therefore they would probably just get removed.

Than we have the ones that are across multiple classes. Like the Fang and DB. Those would get locked to 1 hero class if they were not removed and we would have the same issue that happened in the 1.5 patch with the Fang. Again i ask, Would you be happy if DB were moved to Pikeman Hero only?

You can't make changes without looking at the effect overall. Doing so has a extremely negative effect on the community.
(31-10-2017, 09:21 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: potential solution to lack of legendary drops: add a bunch of low dropping dropping "leg's" with similar stats to avg tier craftables
eg swadian great helm is 66 head armour for inf and ~1.7m so what if a new leg was for inf at 65 head armour and drops slightly more frequently than normal leg's.

I'm confused by this. I thought you were on Woody's side in this and yet this is completely contrary to what he is saying as i read it.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

I'm not on anyone's side. This is not a debate, its an exchange of ideas to collectively improve the mod and criticisms/suggestions of other peoples'.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(01-11-2017, 12:22 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: I'm not on anyone's side. This is not a debate, its an exchange of ideas to collectively improve the mod and criticisms/suggestions of other peoples'.

What he said sums up me with any thing in ni just about.

What about removing the auction hall fee?
I feel like the fee generally makes trading (even more) bothersome: I'm most of the time not willing to put mats up (and definitely not craftables, I suppose many others are with me here) and rather search endlessly for somebody on the forums who would be willing to trade via house trading. Plus if the fees end up getting removed newer players would also benefit as they could get gold more accessibly.
Also this would make item trading much more enjoyble. Let's say you got a craftable that you don't need anymore (lets take CTS because thats what occiassonaly pops up in the AH and is being sold on the forum frequently). Instead of first making a post in the forums stating that you want to get rid of your cts for gold to get that fancy white trans and then waiting prolonged periods for somebody that is actually interested in your gear you could just put it up on the ah for the price you want to get it sold for. Why are people not doing this? Or why is it that those items, if they get put up on the ah, usually are overpriced so that none ends up buying it? It's simple: The fee. Most are not willing to pay that 40k fee to put up cts for 800k.
Honestly its hard for me to grasp why there is a fee in the first place...I suppose its to protect the mats' price. Sure there's the possibility that once you don't have to pay fees anymore people might just try to put up their lumps or some other mat for an overprieced amount of gold. However, this would not become an issue as (theoretically) the sellers primary interest should be to gain gold. All mats have somewhat of a price range, there probably is no one who would buy a lump for 80k right now. Thus this should hinder people from buying such overpriced mats. And the sellers will adapt to the price range of given mat/item.
However if named price regulation above does not apply then you could just partially remove it so that craftables/legendaries and other items do not require a fee to be paid but only mats would require fees.
Legendary Loots:

Hurricane Bow - December 2014                    Dark Gothic Sallet - March 2020  
Naval Glaive - February 2015
Illustrious - October 2017
Imperial Halfplate - Red - September 2018
Aurora Blade - October 2018
Godwood Lance - February 2019
Fang of Fenrir - November 2019
Ancient Greatsword - December 2019
Dragon Axe - February 2020
Or just put a max fee of 25k so you still need to pay something as a gold sink.

(03-11-2017, 03:54 PM)Woody Wrote: Or just put a max fee of 25k so you still need to pay something as a gold sink.

But that still wouldn't solve the problem as especially mats hardly reach that cap
Legendary Loots:

Hurricane Bow - December 2014                    Dark Gothic Sallet - March 2020  
Naval Glaive - February 2015
Illustrious - October 2017
Imperial Halfplate - Red - September 2018
Aurora Blade - October 2018
Godwood Lance - February 2019
Fang of Fenrir - November 2019
Ancient Greatsword - December 2019
Dragon Axe - February 2020
If you put up more more like 10 up at a time it will hit the 25k ish.

Gives a incentive to save all yours mats and put them up all at once.

(03-11-2017, 03:11 PM)Lophorius Wrote: Instead of first making a post in the forums stating that you want to get rid of your cts for gold to get that fancy white trans and then waiting prolonged periods for somebody that is actually interested in your gear you could just put it up on the ah for the price you want to get it sold for.

You just have to wait for someone willing to pay the amount you want for it, just like you would on the forum. It is arguable that the AH will have more people seeing it than those on the forums as not everyone has a forum account, but realistically most people interested and able to pay for decent items use the forums and the majority of these trades are not pure gold anyways. This is why you can see items like the Sugarloaf sit on the Auction Hall and never be purchased but sell fairly quickly on the forum for the same price, but primarily in materials (at least you could when I played. I don't know how accurate that is now). People don't like to spend only gold on items.

(03-11-2017, 03:11 PM)Lophorius Wrote: Why are people not doing this? Or why is it that those items, if they get put up on the ah, usually are overpriced so that none ends up buying it? It's simple: The fee. Most are not willing to pay that 40k fee to put up cts for 800k.

They are not willing to do so when direct trading is free, correct. The developers should put a modest tax on gold traded between players once the unified inventory is released (since it would be horribly unfair now with players trading money between their own characters). I will explain why in response to your next point.

(03-11-2017, 03:11 PM)Lophorius Wrote: Honestly its hard for me to grasp why there is a fee in the first place...I suppose its to protect the mats' price.

You are partially correct. Have you ever played an MMO for an extended amount of time in which there was not an auction hall fee? This is not an appeal to tradition, I'm just curious if you are aware of the effects it has on the economy. First, the auction hall tax serves as an important gold sink. Without the auction hall tax, the only gold sinks left are marketplace materials and hero class. It is worth noting that when the auction hall tax was first implemented, neither of these things really existed (marketplace materials were very cheap besides the Phoenix Feather and only 3 *very* high end items used them). There was a need for a gold sink and the auction hall served that purpose. I can't say much on how well it serves its purpose now as I don't have any data on it (one of the side-effects of being retired and not looking at any of that stuff), but it served its purpose for a long time. A second, equally important reason does have to do with protecting the price of the materials, but it is not in the way you describe. In games I have played without auction hall taxes, rich players could easily buy materials as soon as they went up and put them back up for whatever higher price they wanted. It was common to put up an item for $2000 and have someone buy it and place it back up for $2100 within seconds. Many items had very controlled markets that made certain players very wealthy and items very hard to afford. It was very easy to manipulate the market and people were constantly driving the prices higher through constant incremental increases. Your items may sell faster, but people will tend to be selling items back at a much higher price. Auction hall taxes make market manipulation harder to do by minimizing or entirely removing the profit from small increases, meaning players wanting to manipulate the market will have to buy more items and place them up at higher prices while suffering a much higher tax that could result in a huge loss if their attempt at manipulation is unsuccessful.

For more information on this, you can google "why are there auction hall taxes in mmos?" and read the discussions.