Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Loot Crate System
(20-12-2017, 08:35 PM)Malong Wrote: Boom! Done!

That's a very good idea!
The last post is...interesting! What happened since? ...although I almost imagine the answer! Rolleyes
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(20-12-2017, 09:01 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote:
(20-12-2017, 08:35 PM)Malong Wrote: Boom! Done!

That's a very good idea!
The last post is...interesting! What happened since? ...although I almost imagine the answer! Rolleyes

Clearly the new loot system solved everything, and this thread takes place in a parallel universe where the issue was never solved.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Found my notes

1. Do we want all people to have the same rate of looting ? Yea plz
  2. Do we want all people to have the same loot chance ? mm yes and nop - Yes for being fair as everyone should have some chance to loot. No, because if we have a smarter system we can weed out the people that "loot too much" and others that don't loot much.
So what type of system can know who's looted in the past and who hasn't? The truth is I'm not sure... I'm not a coder that's not my job/passion. 

I could have a guess that could label everyone with a number from 1/10 as a bit of a timer? (1/10 as an example)
So someone with 1 ether just started this mod or just looted and 10 is someone that has not looted in maybe "x" (500?) hours of gameplay.
I'm not saying 10 is 10x better than 1 or some shit it could be 0.5x I don't know... I don't have a baseline to guess a number.

So that's the very basic idea, however, how does one jump from 1 to 10? 

Is it 
  • In-game time - Maybe but is the jump from 1 to 2 is going to take the same "time" to jump from 8 to 9?
  • Normal run = 0.etc  - Would Rag = more? Would half a rag run be worth less than a full normal run? Will more players in a team = a higher number?
  • Etc
One more point If I was to loot an orange should I suffer as much as someone that looted a red? I want to guess yes but that is most of the salt comes in from looting if you keep looting good shit (red). Could help with the monopoly on some of the orange stuff that sometimes is worth more than the red version somehow...

Hopefully, you can see a basic idea here that does not favour people and shits on others as much as the one we have now.

I do have a different suggestion about what drops from a year+ ago. Looks like no clear answer was giving?

The basics being stuff like this Dragon Axe, Dwarf Axe, Bolt Tosser, Sun Pike, Studded,... This type of stuff has overpopulated its counterparts so give it a lower chance to drop are make its counterparts drop more eg Fang,Fell Edge,Vgs, Penetrator, etc 

Stuff like Studded vs Nobel ye ones new so sure should be less in the game but why have the same drop rate ish when you now the community would pay studded + "x" for it. 

Yea I know for sure this suggestion is hard to put in as then you have a dev pushing buttons saying looks like they want this and this again... But I'm sure there could be some code that can see there are 100 studded in the game vs 5 Nobel for example.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-12-2017, 04:54 AM)Woody Wrote: Found my notes

1. Do we want all people to have the same rate of looting ? Yea plz
  2. Do we want all people to have the same loot chance ? mm yes and nop - Yes for being fair as everyone should have some chance to loot. No, because if we have a smarter system we can weed out the people that "loot too much" and others that don't loot much.

This looks like solutioning for a different perceived issue: the unequal distribution of drops. Having an equal chance is not the same as enforcing equal outcomes. It also hasn't been demonstrated (i.e. with good statistical analysis instead of anecdotal evidence) that there is an unequal distribution either. Unfortunately, we won't see an answer to the question of distribution: the developers do not want all the of the recorded drop data to be made public, and also rejected the idea of executing simulation models and analyzing the distribution.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(21-12-2017, 05:34 PM)Malong Wrote: This looks like solutioning for a different perceived issue: the unequal distribution of drops. Having an equal chance is not the same as enforcing equal outcomes. It also hasn't been demonstrated (i.e. with good statistical analysis instead of anecdotal evidence) that there is an unequal distribution either. Unfortunately, we won't see an answer to the question of distribution: the developers do not want all the of the recorded drop data to be made public, and also rejected the idea of executing simulation models and analyzing the distribution.

(20-12-2017, 01:45 PM)Woody Wrote: I would expanded on just 1 idea I had 2 years ago but on my phone so I will save it for a different post.

(21-12-2017, 04:54 AM)Woody Wrote: Found my notes

Yea it doesn't fix the problem of people wanting more loot but you are not going to have problems of Nka,Fara,.. etc looting 30 or whatever by the end of 2018 vs me still at ?. 

Idk band aiding the problem by turning up the numbers in this system always would be stupid when you have the people/tools/time to make it better.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(22-12-2017, 05:03 AM)Woody Wrote: Yea it doesn't fix the problem of people wanting more loot but you are not going to have problems of Nka,Fara,.. etc looting 30 or whatever by the end of 2018 vs me still at ?.

It hasn't been established that those are problems. Are you just comparing played hours and making projections based on that? It should instead be based on presence in bot kills, which (again) there is no public information about. They play more efficiently than the average player and are present for much higher than the population's median number of instances of presence during boss kills.

(29-12-2017, 07:35 PM)Malong Wrote:
(22-12-2017, 05:03 AM)Woody Wrote: Yea it doesn't fix the problem of people wanting more loot but you are not going to have problems of Nka,Fara,.. etc looting 30 or whatever by the end of 2018 vs me still at ?.

It hasn't been established that those are problems. Are you just comparing played hours and making projections based on that? It should instead be based on presence in bot kills, which (again) there is no public information about. They play more efficiently than the average player and are present for much higher than the population's median number of instances of presence during boss kills.

If the game is all about efficiency we have the same problem as with the health script again. Presence should count not kill efficiency.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(29-12-2017, 08:56 PM)Jalau Wrote: If the game is all about efficiency we have the same problem as with the health script again.

I think that's a different issue, in which only certain people have access to more information than others.

(29-12-2017, 08:56 PM)Jalau Wrote: Presence should count not kill efficiency.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Efficiency does not compound the effect of presence; it means there is no basis for comparison between identical units of time played.

(29-12-2017, 09:09 PM)Malong Wrote:
(29-12-2017, 08:56 PM)Jalau Wrote: If the game is all about efficiency we have the same problem as with the health script again.

I think that's a different issue, in which only certain people have access to more information than others.

(29-12-2017, 08:56 PM)Jalau Wrote: Presence should count not kill efficiency.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Efficiency does not compound the effect of presence; it means there is no basis for comparison between identical units of time played.
What I mean is that everybody wanted to be the one that killed the boss to be more efficient. And what I mean is presence as a player in a round, as a healer, shielder, support character or even a weak character should result in the same droprates and drops as for the ones that do all the kills because this game is about more than just killing.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(29-12-2017, 11:53 PM)Jalau Wrote: What I mean is that everybody wanted to be the one that killed the boss to be more efficient. And what I mean is presence as a player in a round, as a healer, shielder, support character or even a weak character should result in the same droprates and drops as for the ones that do all the kills because this game is about more than just killing.

I didn't type anything meaning that. I phrased it as "presence during boss kills."