Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

1/7 Feature Requests
(03-09-2018, 08:07 PM)Noname Wrote: Wave Bonus
This is something really important to me; a few friends and I often do runs with (very) small teams of 2-4 players (including Hard and Rag). Now, by the time we manage to get to higher waves like Loke or Thor, the server will usually be cramped with 12-14 joiners that just wait for respawn.
Despite the servers being public, I absolutely despise the fact that a little team grinds its way through the rather unrewarding first couple of waves just to allow others the exact same loot chance and rewards for doing literally nothing in return. This often continues even after respawn when people are either inadequately equipped (no/bad support) or hardly contribute other than shooting/attacking (standing around doing nothing when all cades are down at Thor prep).
That is why I would like to request a bonus for gold/assist XP(/probably not loot) according to how soon you joined a run. This bonus should possibly grow exponentially so as to make the reward greater the sooner one actually joins and contributes.

I fully support something like this. Even though the servers are public and anyone is free to join I think it ruins actual teamwork when 13 randoms crash a trio run who's already made it to wave 9-12 and then proceed to do absolutely nada to help with cades, toming or sometimes even shooting the nords - Resulting in a wipe.

I know people cant be punished for being clueless, or for just being a noob - I´m sure they dont mean anything bad by joining, its very much a bandwagon effect especially when most servers are empty, but a small reward for staying throughout the run would help a bit.

Something that Ive also noticed is that there is a huge lack of incentive to START a run on an empty server. If you do manage to complete a run you´ll see almost everybody disconnect to join some other server that may have progressed past wave 6, even if you just completed a ragnarok run and the only server going is a normal run. I think thats a bit silly, because if the aim of the game is to practice teamwork to beat the nords it would make more sense to keep going with roughly the same team, as that very team just proved that they're capable of defeating Ragnarok mode, for example.

Hopefully some of that makes sense.
TC_Thaffy_Warden - TC_Thaffy_RoyalGuard - TC_Thaffy_Repeaterman - TC_Thaffy_MasterPeltast - TC_Thaffy_Legionnaire
House Thread - Wiki - My Music
(07-09-2018, 04:11 PM)Thaffy Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 08:07 PM)Noname Wrote: Wave Bonus
This is something really important to me; a few friends and I often do runs with (very) small teams of 2-4 players (including Hard and Rag). Now, by the time we manage to get to higher waves like Loke or Thor, the server will usually be cramped with 12-14 joiners that just wait for respawn.
Despite the servers being public, I absolutely despise the fact that a little team grinds its way through the rather unrewarding first couple of waves just to allow others the exact same loot chance and rewards for doing literally nothing in return. This often continues even after respawn when people are either inadequately equipped (no/bad support) or hardly contribute other than shooting/attacking (standing around doing nothing when all cades are down at Thor prep).
That is why I would like to request a bonus for gold/assist XP(/probably not loot) according to how soon you joined a run. This bonus should possibly grow exponentially so as to make the reward greater the sooner one actually joins and contributes.

I fully support something like this. Even though the servers are public and anyone is free to join I think it ruins actual teamwork when 13 randoms crash a trio run who's already made it to wave 9-12 and then proceed to do absolutely nada to help with cades, toming or sometimes even shooting the nords - Resulting in a wipe.

I know people cant be punished for being clueless, or for just being a noob - I´m sure they dont mean anything bad by joining, its very much a bandwagon effect especially when most servers are empty, but a small reward for staying throughout the run would help a bit.

Something that Ive also noticed is that there is a huge lack of incentive to START a run on an empty server. If you do manage to complete a run you´ll see almost everybody disconnect to join some other server that may have progressed past wave 6, even if you just completed a ragnarok run and the only server going is a normal run. I think thats a bit silly, because if the aim of the game is to practice teamwork to beat the nords it would make more sense to keep going with roughly the same team, as that very team just proved that they're capable of defeating Ragnarok mode, for example.

Hopefully some of that makes sense.

This literally describes the experiences that have caused most of my old repeaterman squad to stop playing NI

Here at the russian gun company we pride ourselves on starting runs mostly because, from my observation, the majority of the NI community don't want to join an empty server unless they have at least some measure of squad to join with preferably equipped with enough for your squad to know on their skills and gubbin alone that they can make a successful run of it.

I find this is mostly because no-one likes a wasted run and a lot of players are comfortable with the event system for more long session play as it is inherently more successful as the team is "designed" before anyone even spawns in.

For the more disassociated general public this means they can but stalk like vultures overhead in the server browser waiting for such a squad to appear so they have a hope in hell of enjoying a run or two while simultaneously running the risk of wiping that run for that squad. Not that i mean the vulture comparison negatively but it does give a bad impression of the general public player.

As for when runs end our squad notices we get left alone again for the run afterwards, only to be rejoined by the same players around wave 6-9 which always makes me think "so why jump ship when the sure thing is right here?".

I'm not sure the wave bonus as described is just what the doctor is trying to order here but some incentive to be the crew starting the run would be beneficial to encourage others to start runs like we try to.
The Quieter you are the more you are able to hear

14.04.2017 - Ornate Bascinet
06.05.2018 - Ebonwood Pike
12.09.2018 - Eastern Blade