Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordic Giants as new enemy type?
(19-01-2019, 08:54 PM)GreenShadow Wrote:
(19-01-2019, 01:44 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: We have tried to make the Revenant (Halloween challenge mode boss) to be larger then the normal troops. The problem we faced is that the hitboxes would be messed up. Also the larger enemy would have trouble hitting players with melee weapons, this is sadly a limitation of the Warband engine.

I do like the screenshot as they look like fearless warriors and perhaps with only sightly increasing the height of the bot it shouldn't for the AI to work.

May I ask what mod the screenshot was taken from?

For example in the Full Invasion 2 mod, there are giants and their hitboxes even work well.

And also, the developers even have a fix for the DC Stat loss problem.

DC stat loss problem?
(19-01-2019, 09:17 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(19-01-2019, 01:44 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: We have tried to make the Revenant (Halloween challenge mode boss) to be larger then the normal troops. The problem we faced is that the hitboxes would be messed up. Also the larger enemy would have trouble hitting players with melee weapons, this is sadly a limitation of the Warband engine.

I do like the screenshot as they look like fearless warriors and perhaps with only sightly increasing the height of the bot it shouldn't for the AI to work.

For example in the Full Invasion 2 mod, there are giants and their hitboxes even work well.

DC stat loss problem?

When you disconnect from a server or get kicked, you can't get tomed in again, since you haven't "spawned" yet.
(19-01-2019, 09:26 PM)GreenShadow Wrote:
(19-01-2019, 09:17 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

DC stat loss problem?

When you disconnect from a server or get kicked, you can't get tomed in again, since you haven't "spawned" yet.

Fair point. Should be possible. Will have to discuss internally
(19-01-2019, 09:04 PM)Pavel Wrote: Just a thought on the matter: Actual giants would be extremely easy targets for archers/ranged, so they would have to be extremely tough to pose any threat to players, which would in turn make them a real pain for melee troops to deal with. It's something the developers of 'The last days of the third age' are trying to deal with right now actually - trolls in that mod recently went from being laughably easy to kill to almost invincible (ruining the whole game experience for some players).

I do like the idea of new types of enemies that can alter the gameplay a bit though

I´ve thought about that potential loophole in the design. Perhaps replacing the Militia with an Archer tier, a Giant Slinger or thrower mayhap? or at the very least give them some strong headgear or broad shields to keep them from being one-shoted. The giants are supposed to be the enemy that takes full priority as a threat.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki