Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: whut u wunt
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tell me plz
48.48%
16 48.48%
I like believing in myths
21.21%
7 21.21%
Seeing people shrine for luck is fun
30.30%
10 30.30%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

disclosure of the loot system
(30-01-2019, 11:10 AM)Falankos Wrote: On a side note, I like how the thread is about finally getting disclosure on the way the loot system works and even though a developer gives out some interesting details people still do not seem satisfied. I guess they'll only stop complaining about the "lack of information" when you tell them that a perfect hero mixture does indeed affect the drop rates.

(30-01-2019, 10:41 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: That's a fair point and to be honest, I don't know what happens if 2 players roll a lucky number.
My guess is that another die is rolled to select a winner.

Maybe because sorry to say Kaas but his doesn't know everything on the topic.

And yes that's understandable.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I wouldn't wait for Hypernoma if I were you.
(30-01-2019, 10:54 AM)Woody Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 10:41 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: I don't know what happens if 2 players roll a lucky number.

Turns out i was lucky and could have looted at 500 hours but got screwed over by Slayer.

Ye don't give us that info thx.

But you asked for disclosure Tongue

(30-01-2019, 11:10 AM)Falankos Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 10:41 AM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 10:34 AM)Falankos Wrote: I was under the impression you could loot 2 legendaries from the same bot, albeit it is near impossible. So, by sticking to your die example, who would loot if 2 people roll the same number? If I understand the mechanics correctly someone must be prioritized otherwise you'd get two drops.

That's a fair point and to be honest, I don't know what happens if 2 players roll a lucky number.

Yeah, that is sensible.

On a side note, I like how the thread is about finally getting disclosure on the way the loot system works and even though a developer gives out some interesting details people still do not seem satisfied. I guess they'll only stop complaining about the "lack of information" when you tell them that a perfect hero mixture does indeed affect the drop rates.

That would be quite wrong todo though.
But yeah, I am more than willing to answer questions, but I'll keep the actual base pool and individual chances a secret for now.
(30-01-2019, 11:41 AM)Falankos Wrote: I wouldn't wait for Hypernoma if I were you.

Kip* nvm ill wait for Jez

Well its a typical Problem in hashcollision or "birthday Paradoxon" 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem
It means that even  random choosen decision have heaps
So same ppl loot over and over again its nothing special..
Its a known "Problem " and you cant fix it so just move on with your life.
Play another game or just enjoy playing it and Stop thinking about getting more stuff than others..

(30-01-2019, 12:29 PM)Lothar Wrote: Well its a typical Problem in hashcollision or "birthday Paradoxon" 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem
It means that even  random choosen decision have heaps
So same ppl loot over and over again its nothing special..
Its a known "Problem " and you cant fix it so just move on with your life.
Play another game or just enjoy playing it and Stop thinking about getting more stuff than others..

I don't care wether it's special or not. I don't care if it's known or not and the
fact that this problem can't be fixed doesn't either bring me to the point where
I accept it, it just tells me nothing new and rather encourages to want change
because it is the result that matters to me, not the way how it is reached.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(30-01-2019, 01:15 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: because it is the result that matters to me, not the way how it is reached.

Well now we reach the real issue, what is your result that you like?
You want more loot?
More "Fairness"?  
Something is called fair ( in my words)  when everybody gets the same chance.
As Kaasovic told us, this seems to be the case
Every time a boss gets killed a dice gets rolled also he told us there is no option to increase the loot chance.
This sounds like a fair system to me.

If you personaly feel unhappy or unlucky in your situation,  its quite commen to blame the system.
Thats human being.
But it does not make the system unfair or bad in any way.
Dont get me wrong I'm open to new and to change.

(30-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Lothar Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 01:15 PM)Green_Dragon Wrote: because it is the result that matters to me, not the way how it is reached.

Well now we reach the real issue, waht is your result that you like?
You want more loot?
More "Fairness"?
It is fairness of course.
(30-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Lothar Wrote:

Well now we reach the real issue, waht is your result that you like?
You want more loot?
More "Fairness"?  
In that Case i Would highly recommand the Definition of Fair.
Some thing is called fair ( in my Words)  when every Body gets the same Chance.
As Kaasovic told us, this seems to be the Case
Every time a Boss gets Killed a dice gets rolled also he told us there is no Option to increase the loot Chance.
This Sounds like a fair System to me.

It does for you and does not for me, as we were also being told that the fact that some
loot a lot and some don't at all, is part of this system. It is its result and it's an unfair result
in my personal opinion.

(30-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Lothar Wrote: I just want this Thread to be productive, to Support the devs and not to blame them for your personal diseas and unluckyness.
This is an indirect false accusation and is very close to overstepping a line to get personal. My personal "diseas" or unluckyness
had not been subject to my comments here, nor is it your business to speculate about in this thread. A quick view at my signature
might show you that I did loot. I am satisfied with what I got.

(30-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Lothar Wrote: Dont get me wrong im Open to New and to Change.
Very well.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
Alright, I suppose it is time you all finally get disclosure. It has been several years for many of you and it is well deserved at this point:

When a bot spawns, the game takes inventory of the players on the server to decide if that bot will have a legendary on it. This takes into account number of max level characters on the server, class distribution (closer to .25 for each of the 4 means higher rate to nerf loot rate of kiting runs or runs without infantry), and how many characters each player has (hence why we banned people for spamming new characters that were, for all intents and purposes, infinite anyways). Once it is decided if the bot will drop a legendary, the game rolls for the different legendary items in that bot's pool. This is where developers have the greatest influence, as we can adjust the pool and chance of each legendary in the pool individually. Once the bot is killed, the server then evaluates the players present for assist experience and distributes the chance of each of them receiving the legendary selected. This is weighted based on support level, character level, account ID (higher is better since lower account IDs have already had a chance to get loot and we want new players to get loot to have an incentive to stay), and chance points. Chance points are maintained by developers and unknowingly by the admin team - kicks, official warnings, and bans all lower points, adminship gives you some points, and developers can add or subtract points at will from given accounts.

Please note that this only applies to legendaries, not materials.
(30-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Winter Wrote: Alright, I suppose it is time you all finally get disclosure.  It has been several years for many of you and it is well deserved at this point:

When a bot spawns, the game takes inventory of the players on the server to decide if that bot will have a legendary on it.  This takes into account number of max level characters on the server, class distribution (closer to .25 for each of the 4 means higher rate to nerf loot rate of kiting runs or runs without infantry), and how many characters each player has (hence why we banned people for spamming new characters that were, for all intents and purposes, infinite anyways).  Once it is decided if the bot will drop a legendary, the game rolls for the different legendary items in that bot's pool.  This is where developers have the greatest influence, as we can adjust the pool and chance of each legendary in the pool individually.  Once the bot is killed, the server then evaluates the players present for assist experience and distributes the chance of each of them receiving the legendary selected.  This is weighted based on support level, character level, account ID (higher is better since lower account IDs have already had a chance to get loot and we want new players to get loot to have an incentive to stay), and chance points.  Chance points are maintained by developers and unknowingly by the admin team - kicks, official warnings, and bans all lower points, adminship gives you some points, and developers can add or subtract points at will from given accounts.

Please note that this only applies to legendaries, not materials.

Exactly what I was looking for thank you