Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Best hybrid
One handed skill for 0/4/1/1 class has been raised to 200 now as well. Fast enough to actually lash out from shieldwall instead of waiting for the 2h'ers behind to do it all ;D
The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------
Has anyone tried Commando and Skirmisher? I am Commando + Militia at the moment and the stats are OK, and I am really tempted to do what click did and go Crossbowman as well.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(11-04-2012, 04:08 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote:Has anyone tried Commando and Skirmisher? I am Commando + Militia at the moment and the stats are OK, and I am really tempted to do what click did and go Crossbowman as well.

I didn't make my call based on kit, but on stats. I didn't see the benefit in going for skirmish as well. Though if you want to have fun with the crossbow I think it would be cool and the athletics buff is pretty useful.
(11-04-2012, 04:08 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote:Has anyone tried Commando and Skirmisher? I am Commando + Militia at the moment and the stats are OK, and I am really tempted to do what click did and go Crossbowman as well.

Yes. I am Commando/Skirmisher, and 9 athletics are really worth it, in my opinion (especially since I only use 2h).
(08-04-2012, 10:32 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:I think an infantry build without T4 inf would be okay if you could use Swadian Kite Shield at sergeant. Its stats are comparable to the store-bought commando shields, with 1050 HP vs the  store-bought shield's HP of 1000, though the resistance is 20 vs 35 (but if you could use it at T3 that would more than make up for it). Otherwise, having a hybrid build of T3/T3 is not worth it due to the inability to access higher tier armors. Survivability, I believe, would be too greatly affected. I suppose it is viable if you are willing to use banded mail armor (55/24), only slightly lower compared with the store-bought T4 armor (60/25). But you also would be unable to equip the dreaded war pick. Still, a commando with the high-end Transitional Armor (70/31), though, would be vastly superior in terms of toughness but that is to be expected.

Your talking as if this hybrid plays as commando only.

This hybrid could play with light armor from t3 skirmisher aswell, which i am doing even at t4 skirmisher.
Don't necessarily need to wear heavy armor Wink And you can also use a pike, which is really useful.

The purpose of a hybrid is to bring the good stuff from several different classes, so going hybrid to be a Commando-like character is possible, but probably wont make the most use of the hybrid.

I reckon a light armor build with a nice 2h, a pike and a shield would be deadly. The 2h for close up, the pike for back stepping and hit&runs, and the shield for rangers.
With light armor and 10 athletics, you can easily outrun tricksters.

Could of course go heavy armor as well. The 0/3/1/3 build has a great variety of play styles to choose from, which emphasizes the fact that it's a Hybrid.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Ever tought about that a sergeant get pretty nice armor as well? with a grinder helmet, banded mail armor, swadian kite shield and steel sword Tier 3 Inf + other tier 3 +other tier 1 might get even better stats

Edit:
Made this already in another Thread, now im gonna copy it into this:

I tought about Sergeant, Man at arms, and militia:

One handed200
Two handed150
Polearm90
Archery20
Crossbow200
Throwing55
Power draw1
Power throw2
Power strike8
Ironflesh7
Riding1
Athletics8
Shield7

Pretty the same as Heavy Skirmisher, Sergeant, Crossbowman hybrid. BUT: you can have an additional, good Ranged Weapon and a good sword :

Optimal Equipment
Head Armor: Grinder Helmet
Body Armor:Banded Mail Armor
Hand:Hourglass Gauntlets
Foot: Mail Boots

Weapons: Steel Sword
Shield: Swadian Kite Shield
Xbow: Heavy Crossbow
Bolts: Heavy Bolts

As you can see, this Equipment is good against all Enemies ranged and pretty good on onehanded close combat.

Negative Aspect: You dont get Commandos uber armor like Transitional or Uber Bow like Hurricane, but you get a good allrounder which doesnt has to invest 4 million gold in one armor

Another possiblity would be to carry 100 bolts and a A)Warcleaver B) Strange Great Sword