Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

whai
It is indeed a teamwork oriented mode, and if any class is able to solo any wave it means there is a balancing problem. If you're the only left alone mid wave and that you die cause it's too hard, then it means its well balanced, imo. Whatever the class you play there will be some time you will be of use to your team and some time when you'll just have to rely on your team mates.

fyi, I play an archer, and I can easily see how putting me on a horse would make me OP. As far as i can see the commando class is balanced, as to the Knight well, I wouldn't say anything about it since (it's been said countless times) it's mostly a problem of how the AI reacts to horse kitting (Baaad), a good counter being incredible range enemies but then those enemies just rape foot soldiers.. Balancing is always the hardest part of any multilayer game.

Something that I could complain about though, maybe, would be the fact that as an archer, I barely have any agility (mobility) advantages over heavily armored enemies. They just can tank a lot more than me at no disadvantage. Enemies stats should stay "realistic" and maybe the difficulty should come from the number rather than the quality. I hate having to head shot 3, sometimes 4 times an enemy to bring it down, it rly feels silly and arcadish. Also did you guys added some new path-finding or something? It really seems the Nords are moving in very weird and unlogical ways sometimes, adding a lot to the aiming difficulty.
(21-01-2012, 05:37 PM)Ethaor link Wrote: It really seems the Nords are moving in very weird and unlogical ways sometimes, adding a lot to the aiming difficulty.
tbh, if we are going for realistic, would you run in a straight line at an archer? I know I wouldn't, so I think it's ok for bots to make life a bit more difficult for us
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
If i have my shield raised up yup I'd definitely run straight toward the enemy archer to get close as fast as possible. And if not well, I doubt the soldiers at that time were strafing crazy when charging towards enemy lines just because a bunch of archers were around,  but hey, who knows. I'm merely raising a question though, I ain't complaining about it.
I just want the bots to stop swinging through one another!  Bastards line up, and its a swing fest on me!  Could use some updated items though, I'm seriously using a great hammer because its the only thing that deals decent amount of damage if its not a legendary item... or war cleaver, but I hate them.  Options seem limited item wise.  Can I get a great battle axe please? Big Grin

Ok on topic...

I think that nerfing HA was a bit strong - yes Dan can make it past some regular waves with ease, but once he runs into a nice spawn of Rangers (AKA AIM BOTS) hes pretty much really limited and will most likely not pass that wave... I've seen this several times..  I am by NO MEANS ASKING for more Rangers - for the love of god, these guys already make Troys Spear Throw in the movie look like childs play... but I'm just stating that there are a few factors from holding these types of classes back from being completely solo.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
HA might be OP I agree abit.
Does this nerf mean they cant use Warbow / Longbow mounted anymore or just reducing HA skill points.
I think Archers should use horses for Mobility reasons and shoot dismounted :-).

About Cav in general being to OP well I disagree. Nowadays with the Nerf, Cavalry has to be very carefull and are forced to avoid doing mistakes.

I dont like hearing latly that many complain CAV is OP. It is not !
Cav is a Class who plays an important Role in Teamplay. Do you really want to see Cav being even more nerfed ? We all fight the same enemy!
It is not the fault of CAV that others in team die of their own mistakes and then people rage/complain because a Knight is playing while others wait.

But well this was abit to off topic sorry :-). Was just bothering myself with it to much.
I have no problem with Cav as they are. Saves my life a lot as it is easier to draw off one or two enemies from the group following the cav and kill 'em. As I have constinuously said, this mod is about teamwork, and all classes are required to make it happen. I have seen plenty of cav taken down by rangers or a charger being reduced to useless from 2 hits from inf. Get on TS and work together.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(21-01-2012, 01:00 AM)brave_chicken link Wrote: Ah. Well in Native I don't think you can use longbow/war bow on horse. And blame Hospitallier_Dan for ruining it lol he would kite all the enemies and shoot them forever.

You can use all bows on horseback in native. Only limitation on ranged in native are some crossbows, which makes sense if you ever tried to reload a typical medieval crossbow in real life.

Historically, the Samurai started out only using bow (which could be up to two meters tall) on horseback. It took them 2-3 years to achieve the necessary level of skill to be efficient, and despite popular belief, the bow on horseback was the traditional way a Samurai fought before they realized how dangerous overwhelming numbers of foot soldiers could be to mounted archers after an invasion on their homeland.

I don't think it's cav that's overpowered, I think it's archers. A knight has to get closer to the enemy while an archer can just keep 10-15 feet distance. This is the same for a foot archer. I do not think the archer class should be nerfed. If you try to solve the problem of foot kiting/shooting back at them, you will inevitably nerf all strategies used by the class. I do think commandos have a much harder time, however. I hear archers say they can solo hardmode to wave 6 or 8, but a solo commando cannot get past wave 1 by himself. This is probably a good thing, as it forces teamwork, but it really sucks when nobody is online to help me so I really have nothing to do...maybe I just need to find a sunpike already :/
This is Nord Invasion , not Strange Invasion or Strange Resistance.

Leave the Weebo stuff in Weeboland. Longbow on horse back is obviously OP and to make game fair and even, only first tier (maybe also 2nd tier?) should be usable on horseback. Try playing with HA and see how boring it is to watch him for 25-30 minutes clearing waves while you wait. And then you die right away because you obviously don't belong past wave 5th and watch him play again. People poll, people quit, etc. This is teamwork game , not "try your best , die trying, and watch the HA getting easy kills".

And Rangers aren't much of a threat to be honest, they can be killed quiet easily from the start when they spawn and be picked one after the other and then evade throwing axes for a few minutes, then you're all set for a long time of shooting shields, legs , and heads when lucky. Shrine , return , continue, and on and on and on.

People leave the server and go play on the only other available hard mode , just to find out another HA is doing this ? Shame ! Wink
(21-01-2012, 08:48 PM)brave_chicken link Wrote: I don't think it's cav that's overpowered, I think it's archers. A knight has to get closer to the enemy while an archer can just keep 10-15 feet distance. This is the same for a foot archer. I do not think the archer class should be nerfed. If you try to solve the problem of foot kiting/shooting back at them, you will inevitably nerf all strategies used by the class. I do think commandos have a much harder time, however. I hear archers say they can solo hardmode to wave 6 or 8, but a solo commando cannot get past wave 1 by himself. This is probably a good thing, as it forces teamwork, but it really sucks when nobody is online to help me so I really have nothing to do...maybe I just need to find a sunpike already :/

If you can convince Click to lend you my sunpike, then you're all set Tongue

I agree that Hard Mode is easier for Archer since we can hit and run, but it doesn't work against Guards (they are damn fast), Rangers , Eastern Mercs and those crazy crossbowers. The only time I could go pass wave 5 was by fencing , and you can do the same with commando and kill them one by one. Commando need more damage and more armor while Archers should be maxed in armor.