Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Since server seperation... (Hard/Normal)
I think its a decent idea, I mean honestly all I'm seeing now is archers that are naked in normal mode and god forbid if they make it to warlords, every archer trained their bow to the boss, same if a sister is on the board.  They dont get far into the game either without infantry.  Which is why I've decided to make a archer, to often in my waves I'd defend archers from close troopers while they got greedy and took boss... Would be nice to have a chance at that loot also.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
I really like the hard mod, it's a new challenge for high level and it's a pleasure to play with fellow good players as we have more teamwork and everybody knows his place.

Normal mod is still a challenge to reach high tier bots waves, even more as there is less high level playing, tbh i didn't see the knight since hard mod (we did quite often before, not only on JeldanWink).
When i'm on normal mod, as a high level, i play soft, not attacking the 8 first waves except if bots reach our archers. The problem is that as high level you could make tons of loot on low tier waves (even without 8 first wave i was still making around 10k a day).

But i guess it's harder now for low level, it's rare that they pass 10 waves and they make a lot less assist xp.
Dunno what is solution to bring back high level to normal mod, may be 50% loot, or 50% xp and 100% loot (high level are more interested in loot than in xp), or may be something teamwork oriented: high level gain loot only if a % of low level player are still alive, or no loot untill a certain number of waves.
I'm sure dev team will find something that fit to everybody and promote teamwork, on normal mod, high level are here to help low level not to farm...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
(24-01-2012, 12:05 PM)Blondin link Wrote:I really like the hard mod, it's a new challenge for high level and it's a pleasure to play with fellow good players as we have more teamwork and everybody knows his place.

Normal mod is still a challenge to reach high tier bots waves, even more as there is less high level playing, tbh i didn't see the knight since hard mod (we did quite often before, not only on JeldanWink).
When i'm on normal mod, as a high level, i play soft, not attacking the 8 first waves except if bots reach our archers. The problem is that as high level you could make tons of loot on low tier waves (even without 8 first wave i was still making around 10k a day).

But i guess it's harder now for low level, it's rare that they pass 10 waves and they make a lot less assist xp.
Dunno what is solution to bring back high level to normal mod, may be 50% loot, or 50% xp and 100% loot (high level are more interested in loot than in xp), or may be something teamwork oriented: high level gain loot only if a % of low level player are still alive, or no loot untill a certain number of waves.
I'm sure dev team will find something that fit to everybody and promote teamwork, on normal mod, high level are here to help low level not to farm...

I agree with Blondin, especially the last bit about helping the low lvl players and also not caring about XP in normal mode for high lvl players.

I'm just worried that without the high lvl players on Normal mode the low lvls will quit because they cant get far and dont get good XP. What drew me to the game was the fact that for the first 10 lvls I didnt have to kill a single enemy and just stand behind the "tin cans" while they killed everything.

Now some could argue that this is not right, but when all you have is a normal sword and heater shield, with a cloth over your body and then 15 Nord Skirmishers rushing towards you and with the knowledge you will die with one hit, you kinda appreciate the big guys rushing in and killing everything. I didnt care I wasnt getting loot, I just wanted to live.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
I just found a quote from CoWorm on this topic in another thread:

Quote:Dividing the highest level players from the rest of the player base is a conscious choice by us. The difference between a Commando and a Infantry player for instance is very big. A commando can slaughter an amount of troops equal to several infantry before going down. We don't want higher players dominating the normal servers. This is not fun for newer players down the line when more and more of the community is higher level and it will also become quiet tedious for higher level players to go trough all the trash waves constantly.

There was also a issue in at least my eyes with high level players heavily farming materials very quickly from normal mode and that in turn messes with the market, since only higher level items will be worth making as the price of materials will on lower crafting levels always be more valuable then the product. I am hoping in upcoming patches to change crafting quiet a bit with introducing higher level crafting materials that only drop in hard mode and higher level crafted gear that can only be made by those materials. As well as more useful items crafted on lower crafting levels as well, maybe for every tier.

We have also had in mind for a while to look at lowering the difficulty of higher waves in normal mode once hard mode is out, to make it easier to get further.

All of our plans and ideas for the future take a lot of time and effort however, so unfortunately we can't do everything at once. Remember that you are helping us test, we need to release stuff as we go along and see what works and not. There are going to be many changes down the line, hopefully better in the long run, but we are only human and bound to miss the ball once in a while.

As a final note. It has never been intended that getting to the prince is going to be a regular occurrence, great amounts of teamwork and effort should be needed to get that far. 

Love,
Worm
"And it goes a little something like this..."
I miss coal Sad
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Its really hard earning money with hard mode and alchemy  :o
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
(24-01-2012, 04:38 PM)OneEyE link Wrote:Its really hard earning money with hard mode and alchemy  :o

Agreed. I made 2 Banded mail armour , paid for most of the materials because we can't get coal/shade ore anymore and they don't even sell anymore , no one has gold to pay for that , and people who do have enough gold already have one , or are also crafting them.
I suggest high level players get loot and gold normally on all servers

1. Peasants get assist leech exp

2. Auction coal , cloth ect prices get lower

3. High level players get more exp anyway from hardmode - loot from normal

4. Its stupid to always fight against uber OP bots like in hardmode as high level.
Wonder if Worm is sick of threads ending up like this yet? Tongue
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
At the moment i waste my XP for gold  :-\
But i dont want to make a new char. Would be nice if we would get more gold from the hard mode mobs so we can invest it in materials from the normal server. So the new player can buy our crafting stuff or my ponies  ;D
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day