Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Since server seperation... (Hard/Normal)
(24-01-2012, 07:19 PM)OneEyE link Wrote:At the moment i waste my XP for gold  :-\
But i dont want to make a new char. Would be nice if we would get more gold from the hard mode mobs so we can invest it in materials from the normal server. So the new player can buy our crafting stuff or my ponies  ;D

Agreed
Before we get to off topic with suggestions and ideas, I just want to restate my original intent, which was to let the Devs know my average game play session.  Feel free to lost your stories here so they can see more about how we conduct ourselves with these current implementations. 
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
I've also noticed an extreme decline in getting to the "later" waves in normal, due to there being no high-level people left.  It does make me a little sad to not see all those familiar names and know the game was going to go well because "xx" was there and you knew they were good at teamwork.
I mostly agree with the OP.

Level 41 here. I have hardly crafted anything since the separation. I've really tried the hard mode, but hardly gained any loot. As I am a lvl 6 crafter I need the simple loot. Also I am already glad if I survive one round in hard mode. It is challenge and if you play with some very skilled high lvl players it is fun at times. You gain a lot of assist xp. But still no loot. The hard mode servers are dominated by the exceptionally skilled, not much difference with the old days. You will mostly see 90% dead guys waiting for the 2 or 3 gods to kill tons of bots. Also the hard mode servers are harldy ever full. And if you have 11 the next round you have 6 again. Another issue that really made an impact, our house has virtually stopped playing together because of the separation.

The normal mode is much more harder than before, it needs the skilled players that are now trying their luck on the hard mode servers. I understand that the devs dont want to see the farm fest from before. And want to stimulate teamwork. But teamwork also means combining beginners with experts. It is a matter of choices where you cant have it all. I understand that. My request is at least try to solve the lack of incentive for players like my lvl. There is not much to gain anymore but to start an alt character. I must admit you see more teamwork on the hardmode. But it is a wrong assumption that there was never teamwork in the older version. There absolutely was. The teamwork on hardmode is just not paying enough though for most. You just see that in the number of players on the hardmode servers.

In the meantime I play the mod less as before, checking the forum regularly. I look forward to new tweakings. Must be mind breakers for the devs. I guess.
(24-01-2012, 10:34 PM)Firegod link Wrote:I've also noticed an extreme decline in getting to the "later" waves in normal, due to there being no high-level people left.  It does make me a little sad to not see all those familiar names and know the game was going to go well because "xx" was there and you knew they were good at teamwork.

This.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(24-01-2012, 10:55 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:What it should be as followed :

Lvl39 get no XP , Gold or loot from waves before Warlords

After Warlords they can get XP gold and loot

Level 50+ shouldn't be able to get anything from Normal

This. I'm actually stockpiling my assist xp right now, because I know I'm close to reaching Commando and my imminent marginalization from my House and the rest of the community (I haven't seen people in Hard mode for at least a few days now, other than European servers where my ping kills me).

I know people will tell me that I will still be able to play normal, and that this change was made to "discourage farming," but to be honest, the features and very structure of this mod already ENCOURAGE farming for loot and items--a crafting system and drop-only legendary items, for example. It's these differentiating features that make NI worth playing for me (I used to play Lineage 2, so farming is in my blood). If the farming problem the devs were addressing lay in level 42 players soloing servers for loot, then I strongly suggest adopting, if possible, a solution like Sphinx here presented. This way, high level players could still enjoy normal, while still gaining loot from mobs equatable to those in Hard mode. Better yet, adjust Hard mode further to ensure that high level crafters are still getting the items they need, without having to resort to alts. That they've had to do this is a bad sign I think, and only decreases the amount of high level players who might otherwise play on Hard mode servers.
Well that's the obvious problem happening right now. Normal servers are now filled with alts (and some low level mains) and can't go past Huscarls.

Even with High Level main players ,we still can't make it to Prince ...
I think the dev's are probably aware of people's concerns by now seeing as this is like the 4th thread that has ended up like this Big Grin
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
This is... still v0.31.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(25-01-2012, 08:44 AM)Johao link Wrote:This is... still v0.31.

We know  Wink We're just voicing our opinions with the hope of assisting the devs in the development.
"And it goes a little something like this..."