Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

High demand?
(24-03-2013, 12:39 PM)Murrow link Wrote:Bots can kick now?
Holding any throwable weapon such as:
Jarids and the like (All throwable weapons)
Med kits
Cades
Barrel
Tome
Dep shield

Holding anything that is not in melee mode (default key: X) with your shield up while bots are running into you will make you 'flinch' or look like you got kicked by the bot. They are really just using a warband mechanic to try and interupt you from throwing whatever it is you are holding.
To stop this simply switch to melee mode (X) or a melee weapon or just sheath what you are holding in your hand (don't actually know the default key, since I have a swedish keyboard)

Having nothing in your hand works just aswell as a melee weapon at stopping the 'flinching'.
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes
With all the new shields availeble now i hope w'll see more shielders.
(28-05-2013, 08:36 AM)Carolus Rex link Wrote:[quote author=Murrow link=topic=11249.msg93329#msg93329 date=1364128740]
Bots can kick now?
Holding any throwable weapon such as:
Jarids and the like (All throwable weapons)
Med kits
Cades
Barrel
Tome
Dep shield

Holding anything that is not in melee mode (default key: X) with your shield up while bots are running into you will make you 'flinch' or look like you got kicked by the bot. They are really just using a warband mechanic to try and interupt you from throwing whatever it is you are holding.
To stop this simply switch to melee mode (X) or a melee weapon or just sheath what you are holding in your hand (don't actually know the default key, since I have a swedish keyboard)

Having nothing in your hand works just aswell as a melee weapon at stopping the 'flinching'.
[/quote]

So THAT's how it works! I have always wondered what triggered that behaviour! Thanks!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
If i may be so blunt:
I belive skirmishers should be split into
->skirmisher
->pikeman

Much like how cavarly was removed before my time here, i belive skirmishers should be changed. Sit back and throw horrendous javs at boss's faces and stand behind a shielder slashing better than infantry

How to approach those two new classes?
Skirmisher gets no two handed weapons avaliable and a shield usable as a support slot for instance
He gets a double ammo upograde on hero but a mandatory melee slot if he picks it up.
so shield, onehander + javelins. Like you'd have it in real life. Also bonus to how much shield blocks if hit in the back while sheated.
So they can go infront of the wave and throw some javs to soften the enemy without the fear that 2 spears or arrows will kill then asap

Pikeman: Most armored class in the game, no shields other than swadian board shield, also support slot. Same stats as sks, retextured board shield. (greater coverage, dat's all)
Mediocre shielding. Good array of pikes and one handed weapons. Maybe a new gimmick for them to fill the slots tho or allow them to carry support items in their normal slots.
Basically, Skirmishers can do everything inf, archer and crossbowman can do - but shield.

That's my experience. Perhaps that's not the truth of it since i'm not that high class yet but seing a skirmisher being able to solo 10 people worth of juggernauts easily and still slash better than anyone is kind of... Well, the server population speaks for itself. 66% of players are generally skirmishers.
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Im not supportive of the idea of putting shields in support slots, even less barricades.
(04-06-2013, 08:03 AM)!slay. link Wrote:I belive skirmishers should be split into
->skirmisher
->pikeman

It's more or less the aim of the new Halberdier hero class.
Evenif I agree that a pikeman good at 1h could be interesting. The Halberdier, given his name, should be good at polearm (only).
A hero class for pikeman good at 1h could be introduced, but I don't think it's necessary.
Not quite talking about that.
I'd split the class into two classes each with their own hero classes since skirmisher can do pretty much everything. It's true that hero upogrades matter more in late level hardmode or ragnarock mode
Neither of which i had the luxury of experiencing myself since i'm barely a tier 4 inf.
I'm looking from my perspective which is early levels on hard and normal up to prince. Things are probably a bit more balanced on higher waves but just as it was said:
pikemen dance gracefully soloing whole waves and are virtually the best slashers and amazing at range. That's my experience. Correct me if i'm wrong
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
(04-06-2013, 01:37 PM)!slay. link Wrote:Not quite talking about that.
I'd split the class into two classes each with their own hero classes since skirmisher can do pretty much everything. It's true that hero upogrades matter more in late level hardmode or ragnarock mode
Neither of which i had the luxury of experiencing myself since i'm barely a tier 4 inf.
I'm looking from my perspective which is early levels on hard and normal up to prince. Things are probably a bit more balanced on higher waves but just as it was said:
pikemen dance gracefully soloing whole waves and are virtually the best slashers and amazing at range. That's my experience. Correct me if i'm wrong
I don't exactly agree. I think all classes have a purpose. They're very inaccurate compared to other ranged classes, so they can't shoot as far. In addition to having light armor, a pikeman also can't equip any good shields, and is still worse than a commando of the same level should he pick up one of their shields; pikemen have 5,6, or 7 shield and commandos have 8(10 if they're a royal guard).

And also, kiting is impossible on ragnarok as any class because of them stupid einherjar rangers.
Mighty_Vdude - Level 52 - Halberdier
Mighty_Vdu - Level 44 - Commando/Crossbowman
Mighty_Vdud - Level 39 - Sniper
Gotta agree with some of the people on here. I'm a level 42 commando and you wouldn't know it from my gear. The best thing I have is a grinder that I got from the item changes after Cavalry was deleted. This is all pretty much because i shield all the time, every time, that I play this game and I suffer for it. Maybe it would be best to give an incentive for this.

Maybe some code that can detect the amount of time you have you shield up in relation to it getting hit?

Maybe a little extra assist experience based on that?

I don't know...just throwing out some ideas.