Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Oh, those rascally barrels!
The solution is simple. Not sure if it's doable, but if you make it hurt them at 70% of their current health.

So for example , Prince has 200 HP , you barrel him (let's set the dmg to 50% to make it easy). He now has 100 HP, you blow another barrel, he's at 50 HP, you blow again, 25HP , again , 13 HP , again , 6 HP, 3 HP 1 HP. I dont believe you will be blowing a barrel when he has only 1 hp left.

That way , barrels will never kill anymore bots, but will hurt them a lot to start. If barrels are abuse, well you're doing almost no damage after 3-4 barrels in a row on the same boss/nord.

Any thoughts ?
Quote:_Skywalker link=topic=12327.msg100696#msg100696 date=1366748605]
Maybe a make the Barell to something which if you hit it Heal and refill and Repair the Shields from.everybody and make a bit damage? That would help very much at waves like Einherjiar.

You're serious there ? How easy do you want the game to become ? :X
(23-04-2013, 09:42 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:The solution is simple. Not sure if it's doable, but if you make it hurt them at 70% of their current health.

So for example , Prince has 200 HP , you barrel him (let's set the dmg to 50% to make it easy). He now has 100 HP, you blow another barrel, he's at 50 HP, you blow again, 25HP , again , 13 HP , again , 6 HP, 3 HP 1 HP. I dont believe you will be blowing a barrel when he has only 1 hp left.

That way , barrels will never kill anymore bots, but will hurt them a lot to start. If barrels are abuse, well you're doing almost no damage after 3-4 barrels in a row on the same boss/nord.

Any thoughts ?
that's what I was gonna post
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
(23-04-2013, 09:32 PM)Jalau link Wrote:Guys, i see what this is leading to... Everyone wants more difficulty but thin what happens if everything of us gets nerfed (Barrel, Tome, Weapons etc.) and Bots gets stronger... You really want to die at Heimdallr every time? For me its good like its now.. It could be a bit more easier... I dont know how you want to kill: Loke,Jotnes,Sniper wave all of this waves together (not just one) without barrel or tome! I think your dreaming, i think you think that if you find a perfect team it will work... But dont put up hopes to high, because I never got a peferct team! Wait until the patch before posting these things... I still want to get to Odin once every day and I dont want to die at Heimdallrs...

Odin was never meant to be reachable on a daily basis ... So was Prince back in the days. The mod is too hard ? You can always play Single Player and cheat Wink
Also what we can add this maybe if a person slashes a barrel there weapon can be disarmed and lost in battle
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
or we can put barrels back to normal and make it so that if a ranger shoots the barrel they crash the server Wink
I'm with Sphinx on this one. When I started playing, the prince was hardly ever reached. It was a major accomplishment to get to higher waves, and people felt good about the thrill of just seeing those higher waves. Granted, teamwork was pretty lackluster, and cades were in their infancy. Now, we have more team-centric players, cades a-plenty, and a ton more tier 4s out there.

I think that Odin/Thor/prince runs shouldn't happen a few times a night, more like a few times a week. Shoot, these days it's easy to get to prince on back to back maps. Yes, it's a hard mod; it's supposed to be that way  Big Grin.  The problem is that we are now used to grinding prince runs multiple times a night and all guilty of legendary-mania©. In fact, NI should now be called :
Nord Invasion
The Endless Search for Legendaries

... but I digress...

I like where this conversation is going, as people are debating and defending the use of barrels and how to improve their use. I think that everyone realizes that they need some kind of tweaking, so it's cool to see new ideas forming around their use.
"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
(23-04-2013, 09:42 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:The solution is simple. Not sure if it's doable, but if you make it hurt them at 70% of their current health.

Any thoughts ?

Then you can barrel away without any real fear of killing the boss, not sure I like that.
The Compromise is you do not get loot from stuff that is barreled and the bots that get barreled drop the  best loot.
My suggestions :

1) Add an expensive new engineering item in the game, for example a metal heavy barricade (large, high and tough) as an other option for rich players, consequently there will be fewer barrels per game [and fewer crash, while we are at it]
2) Show who barreled just like when you kill a nord, a writing who shows what happened could be fine, it's at least as important as when someone kills a Nord. Trollers will think twice before blowing up a barrel "for fun", or "because no one will know it was me" Don't know how difficult it is to add this though ;
3) Increase Barrel'resistance (so that redshirts need 2 hits to blow it up, and so that fewer barrels are destroyed by medic box by accident  :Smile)