Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I feel so weak as commando since the 0.4.0 patch !
no i agree with him commandos have always been the most vulnerable class due to danger of close combat and shield walling but now with proficiancy drops and armour value drops were paper soldiers unable to survive the few seconds it takes to pull out a 2nd shield when your 1st breaks in the shield wall, im dying in easy mode on troopers and i've yet to see a server get past wave 4 or 5 on hardmode, and im no newb im level 45 Commando with legendary weapons feeling like a small child trying to lift his father sword, too weak too slow and unable to withstand anything but the weakest slaps
Get some skill you wimpy wannabe warriors.  Wink

I still survive 'til pikemen (former Knights) wave when fighting alone as commando, without being in too much of a trouble.
But nevertheless it definitely became more difficult due to the horrible damage nerf, which makes Hardmode a real pain in the ass once again.
Pikemen is second wave.
Kwal, he meant normal mode Veteran Pikemen wave, which is the replacement for knights.

Some of us have gotten past wave 16 normal on a nearly full server (12-16 players) after the patch. We still reached Einherjars despite extremely haphazard preparation and poorly conducted team-play. Considering all the obvious places the devs have provided us with to defend, I don't see why so many people are still complaining. I can understand it if you are not Tier 4 -- it's definitely difficult to survive even as a sergeant -- but if you are wiping before wave 12 at Tier 4, you might want to reconsider your strategy/play-style. A shield really helps. So does not getting surrounded. Commandos can still solo troopers with proper preparation/terrain.

In any case, I can only assume the devs haven't finished the global stat decrease so if commandos are still not good enough for you, you can just wait. There are quite a lot of enemy troop types in the game, so have patience. Devs will definitely deliver!
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Oh right, never mind Tongue
Star don't even crush through anymore. Maybe 1/10 hits, when it used to be 9/10. Goodbye commando, you were fun. Time to try skirmishing. Just glad I got to try it on my mates account before I dumped all my class points back in a class with less armor than a hospital gown.
"Infantry is just like it was before the armor boost. We just got used to the OP stats, and now we get hurt again." - Did you know, we got the armor boost for a reason? Because infantry is constantly right in the middle of the fight and needs good armor otherwise they are running back to the health pot after every single bloody wave while the new wave races up to our archers.
I don't mind so much, because I am one of those players that can block and survive anyway lol, but it has taken a lot of the fun out of the game..
I thought the stat decrease was supposed to be global for everything, as in if our armor comes down, nords weapons come down so they still do the same relative damage.
To reiterate- Less armor than a hospital gown. No doubt.

Oh and I haven't had a chance to check yet- But is it true that there is now not a single class that can outrun the nords? You can shout teamwork all you want, but when you are the sole survivor trying to bring your team back on a boss wave, there not much you can do but backpedal, feint then swing, feint then swing, over and over again. Now it takes 3 hits to kill things that used to go down in 1. And being turtle speed, with less armor than turtle shell does not help the situation.
The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------
While there will be changes, I have to wonder, why do you expect to be able to solo boss wave? Before this patch, commandos were ridiculously forgiving. Huscarls on hard mode bouncing/whiffing so often that taking hits from them wasn't a big deal.

Chances are, the stats on equipment will change in favor of infantry again, but I'll do my best to make sure soloing boss waves will be considered a feat, and not something commandos can do blindfolded. And if you will be stupid enough to get surrounded or drag too many bots on you with no teammate around, you sure as hell will have hard time killing them all. And every hit you take will actually hurt you.

Commandos have shields for a reason, and it seems to me that most of them got used to being able to just swing their legendary and 1-2 hit bots while having their shield just for the looks.
I'm not expecting to be able to solo troopers on a full server, at least not anymore..

"I have to wonder, why do you expect to be able to solo boss wave?"
I expect to be able to solo at very least the FIRST boss wave, talking about followers not troopers here, after the ridiculous amount of time we have all spent grinding our way up to being 4th tier players. I expect to be able to solo the first boss wave because I am a commando and until yesterday, the first boss wave was affectionately referred to by aus players as The Squishies. The FIRST boss wave is not supposed to be difficult. I'm not talking about carls, make them as hard as you want, they were already not particularly easy and more to the point- They are one of the later waves, not one of the earliest ones.
Early waves = easy, Late waves = hard. This is how wave survival games work.

I don't mean to sound like an ass or anything, I still think devs have done a wonderful job with this game and congratulate you guys for it, but you asked and that's my answer Smile
Sorry guys but in my opinion you all definitely miss the main problem, which has nothing to do with Commandos.
Saw a group of ~8 low and mid level player losing several times against second wave on normal mode, with the result that most of them left the game.
Basically the lower levels need a little buff, and not those plated high level players, who cry about not being able to kill heavy bots with a single hit and taking damage although wearing an mediocre armor.
Hence I suggest increasing the stats enhancement and available gear at second tier of each class.
(06-04-2012, 12:58 AM)zeanomourph link Wrote: "the ridiculous amount of time we have all spent grinding our way up to being 4th tier players."

If they get killed by the 2nd wave and decide they don't like the game and stop playing, good on them. That will never give me back the countless hours I have spent levelling up.