Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I feel so weak as commando since the 0.4.0 patch !
Am I missing something here? I can still solo followers no problem. I think you need to change your gameplay style a little.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(06-04-2012, 03:07 PM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: [quote author=Juline link=topic=2391.msg20643#msg20643 date=1333721972]
Snipers aren't actualy fine, they been nerfed to hell and back it seems. Not enjoyable anymore. Just fustrating...all this patch is too fustrating and I knew this will happen Sad

You mean you are no longer able to take out an entire army of Einhenjars on your own and run away from almost every mob in the game? You mean you have to work as a team now and take cover behind commandos (who are not weak btw) to survive? One might think that this game is actually about team work and not just holding a corner of the map with snipers in the back and commandos blocking.
[/quote]

First of all, I only soloed 2 times in hard mode since I started to play this game in January and the last time it was before the patch came where I managed to get to wave 9. I always knew I can solo close to that wave but I chose not to because I find it boring and I always played with other people. If I am the last standing, what do you expect me to just die? of course I will not just die and I will do the next best thing in order to stay alive: kite and shot and hope I can take the team to the next wave and feel like a hero for a few minutes and I know that cav and commandos did the same. I found that the diversity in the game was nice, where you could play some maps with 16 people and some maps with a few and still have fun and the game wasn't bland and boring at all.

Second of all....Commandos are not weak? Have you logged and played the game after the last patch? That’s not what I witnessed the few times I logged in after the patch and what people that play commandos every day said in game. I don't play a commando and never will but I am only saying this after seeing the frustration of other people. You guys (Devs) keep saying ''team work'' over and over and over like a broken record but the way this patch was made ''team work'' doesn’t work or at least the way you guys were envision it because everyone gets ripped to pieces due to the bad imbalance of the current patch. So yes, people try to hold in one corner with commandos blocking and snipers in the back.  I am even debating if I should say something about snipers that lost their walking speed and more important the accuracy and they shoot pretty bad now and they aren't fun atm and I tried it in different maps and situations and the shooting is horrible.  (again, I am not the only person saying this).

If you could get of your mighty horse and actually listen to us players rather than closing important discussion threads would minimize the frustration on both sides and make everyone happier-because we all love this mod that’s why we post here and that’s why we try to bring ideas for improvement.
What do you propse to fix it then? Once again make commando the embodiment of a god who can strike down hordes of bots with a mere glance?

Please come up with a suggestion on how you think it should work.

Also I am not a developer and highly doubt I ever will be. I'm purely speaking from a player's perspective. I am one of the few who likes where this is going.

Addendum:

(06-04-2012, 04:10 PM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote:As a sniper I can say that I am able to get a headshot quite easily with almost every shot, although the damage has been nurfed a little.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
sorry all is fine at my accounts just had the wrong stats!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Just for you guys, yesterday, I made a commando character, bought only the gear that is available on marketplace and went on a normal server to see just how bad that class actually is. My weapons were great hammer, military pick and heavy round shield, armour were full helmet, coat of plates, plate boots and mail mittens. I was only Commando, no second class, level 39.

The server was almost full. I was able to chew through followers with no problem, killed majority of the wave, ate about 7 full hits that left me at about 40% hp. Im not counting the times when they straight out bounced off me, which was indeed often.
I chewed through Skirmisher wave, was one of the last guys standing and killed again a majority, ate about 5-6 full hits that left me at maybe 20% HP. Again not counting when they bounced off or whiffed. We survived for maybe two more waves then wiped.

Obviously I wasnt stupid enough to rambo into waves but waited for teammates before engaging so none of us would get overwhelmed. I finished first everytime i played with that character.

Next time you try to fantasize your own world where you die in two hits from followers, think twice before posting it as a fact. Posting ridiculous statements like that will get you or us nowhere, as we have to test it ourselves just to find out you were full of crap and wasted our time.
I agree that all this moaning is futile and not justified, stop it guys you are ridiculous, lobbying is bad, but Nemeth also you exaggerate, no this not as easy as you say, there is almost nothing you can do against bots hiting you through other bots and lot of bots, may be with good teammate, but majority of normal server is full of low levels and people don't know how to act because they don't know the map (except city...).

Yeah, I like the new change, but I'm level 52, I play since long time, I know how to teamplay, I know the maps, I know the bots, but tbh if I was a new player I will find this game too hard. You can't fix things on the best players and best teamplayers or on no-lifer that grind 24/24, because a normal player will not find his place, hardgamers will always find a way and will always be better and have more stuff than other.

Sure it was too easy before, but it was fun, as a high level player i liked to go normal for some entertainment  and go on hard server for more seriousness and fun in challenge. I guess you should find a middle ground, not too easy but not too hard, as I said I think that low level have hard time these days.

Sorry to express myself on this thread (which I believe is a moaning thread) but the other one was locked because of ragers/haters and because of Hande that was tired of this shit.

Anyway good work on this patch, I like where you want to go, just keep in mind that some don't like when things are too hard, personnaly I don't like when it's too easy because it's boring, but too hard is frustrating, all your work is to find the good balance, but you will never satisfy everybody anyway Smile

Oh, only thing I would like to moan is about warpick, I find this ridiculous all this ppl trading their pick for the axe, obsi/dragon is a normal drop, warpick is hard mod drop, pick should be better. May be a middle ground as it was a bit OP before, let the new stats for speed and length, but buff (or un-nerf) a bit the damage. Otherwise I really like the size change; good job on that.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Granted, I'm a commando now and was only a sergeant on 0.3.7, but I'm higher on the kill charts now than before. I can solo followers with little problem (probably have to heal afterward, maybe not) even on a pretty full server. Skirms, though are another story, due to the issue below, never mind beserkers. I don't know how commandos were before so I can't comment on that.

My one issue is with the swing speed. 2h are almost useless against the harder enemies since all you have time to do is block. The swing speeds weren't changed, but the stat lowering dropped the speed.

Plus, from a relative stat point, archers get up to 245 (I think) in archery, while inf only gets 160 1h and 170 2h?  I'd rather have my 80 polearm given over to 1h and 2h. I can barely equip any polearms anyway as a pure commando.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

I didn't get why the stats of the Commando helmets got changed ?
We are so weak against overheads now  :-\
Id say keep the head armor pretty high and keep body armor like 15% from what it is now.
(06-04-2012, 08:05 PM)JOPO link Wrote: Id say keep the head armor pretty high and keep body armor like 15% from what it is now.

I say keep all the armor like before the patch , because commando is a tank