Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The rest of the Ranger-specific set
I don't need a ranger to know that +8 health isn't enough to justify not wearing armour
Steam Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ruffenuff

NI Greatest Hits:
ruff just stop talking i can feel a difference you cant see the difference

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(31-10-2014, 04:15 AM)WOODZ link Wrote:ruff just stop talking i can feel a difference you cant see the difference
Quote:Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users.

Swadian Recruit Armor:
Stats
Weight: 2
Body Armor: 18
Leg Armor: 7

Bear armor (at least):
Weight: 15
Body Armor: 46
Leg Armor: 19
-
Looking at Winter's "The Nord Beastiary", on Ragnarok, the Einherjar Ranger (first wave) is easily enough to kill somebody with <30 body armor. When I was wearing Red Tunic over Mail, with 28 body armor, I would die every chest hit (or effectively everywhere else). When I switched to Bear Armor, the loss of speed is a factor that you need to weigh in as a ranged character, but the gain of extra protection to at least survive one hit is totally worth it. I don't know what kind of steroids you've been taking, but wearing Swadian Recruit armor and surviving a shot in the chest is a near-godlike amount of luck, even with the +8 health from ranger, which while is handy and can save you at times, isn't much.

I don't know if it's because you prefer speed over protection, and it's fine if you do, but please, for the love of God, do NOT try to explain why an armor that has 18 body armor is better than an armor that has 46. We get that Swadian Recruit armor is faster. With Bear armor, some of the time, one shot and you're dead is true. But with Swadian Recruit armor? 100%, you're dead on the first shot.

You're allowed to share your opinion anywhere you want, as long as you aren't being a doof doing it. This:
Quote:stop talking i can feel a difference you cant see the difference
Quote:ruff i have a ranger you dont -.-
is childish. You assume that because Ruff doesn't have the hero class, he must know nothing about how it works or any of its stats. Just because Ruff does not own the hero class, does not mean he knows nothing about it. Hell, if you think +8 health makes you survive any gamemode with 18 armor, he probably knows more than you do about Ranger without even owning it.

Stop and think once and a while, will you?
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Talking about the Shield maybe you could make it that you could put it in ur Support Slot

and im sorry that 0 people see stuff my way

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Well as a ranger I would prefer heavier armor with more protection over light armor, speed is not that important as ability to survive on full runs (and that what ranger is for), +8 hp dont make any difference as long as you wear crappy armor
Legendarys looted:
Aurora Blade - April 2013
Barbutte with Coif - February 2014
Eastern Katana - November 2014
Tiger Scale Armor - November 2015
(31-10-2014, 11:25 AM)WOODZ link Wrote:and im sorry that 0 people see stuff my way

Woodz, please, stop acting like a 12 year old that pouts when he doesn't get his way.  It is getting old.  If people disagree with you, that's life.

Ranger was meant to be the class that has heavier armor that weighs them down.  I don't know why people are arguing about the body armor when the point of this topic was suggesting the rest of the set to go with the armor that is already in game.
I play a ranger on my archer toon and I really like the extra protection. There are some gear changes being considered that should improve this class in interesting ways.