Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archer class whoring!
I recently set up (well, a house mate did it for me) a server. I have autoblock off right now, this makes it so the the bots only block down, which, while fine with me, some of my friends from native say isn't really very fun. I don't know if there is a way to fix that or not, but if there was, it would make it so people really had to learn manual. That might discourage some of the people who come play this mod for the fun of it but at least then you would only get the people who are any good. I started out playing native with manual so I never use auto anyway but others are not that lucky.

On a side note, and I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I am not scared to fight on my own while using manual block even though I'm a, "little archer bitch" (<< No offense). And you are right, there probably are a few archers who rely on auto to save them while help comes.
Start the game already!
(22-02-2012, 02:48 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Be very careful; this topic is verging on being closed. There better be constructive point without insults up next (Sighvatr this is directed mainly at you).

Do not moan, instead discuss rationally and if the subject matter is one that will not result in anything constructive; don't post.
I'm not insulting, I'm suggesting that he should go play another game. Big difference!  Big Grin

My post is constructive. You're conceiving it wrong!
(22-02-2012, 10:11 PM)Sighvatr link Wrote: [quote author=Hypernoma link=topic=1546.msg13384#msg13384 date=1329922127]
Be very careful; this topic is verging on being closed. There better be constructive point without insults up next (Sighvatr this is directed mainly at you).

Do not moan, instead discuss rationally and if the subject matter is one that will not result in anything constructive; don't post.
I'm not insulting, I'm suggesting that he should go play another game. Big difference!  Big Grin

My post is constructive. You're conceiving it wrong!
[/quote]
the main topic wasnt on about archers as a whole and that he hates them it was on about archers staying way back not been supportive and not being a team player (there nature or playstyle) and your comment was not very constructive as you clearly started of with
Quote:Zetus, you don't have any idea what your talking about.
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
True.. But the rest of the information was. Well, I acknowledge my mistake. Sorry guys.
(22-02-2012, 10:42 PM)Sighvatr link Wrote: True.. But the rest of the information was. Well, I acknowledge my mistake. Sorry guys.
I wonder if you have an infantry alt, that could justify what you're talking about, but as said Hyper, let's stop the trolling here.

Anyway, Zetus, thanks for this post (the second one) and for your suggestions, i really like your idea of no individual reward and that this mod is about cooperation and good atmosphere. This is a teamwork mod (atleast it's how i see it),  which mean we should gain team rewards, ofc the problem is to find a good system because of idle players.
I will repeat, and we all know, we are in  beta stage, but I'm confident, I think the devs are aware of balance and dominance of certain classes, and I think they tend to offer the most fun and fair as possible.
That's why i thank you Zetus because after your first (moaning) post you come with a second one which makes proposals, and this is what we need.

[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
I agree, yes archer are a tad OP

i'm playing as archer... why? because my lowest ping is 100 (sometime i hit 90!!) and lag wise it's the better class.

but it need to stay like that...

why?

because keeping playing in this boringness (aim shooot aim shoot aimmmmm shoot ruuuuuuunn jump aim shoot ruuuuunn) should be rewarded!  Wink

also: best way to keep kills for yourself: get in front of arhcer saying in chat '' i'm going to protect you pal!''  Tongue
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
Ok man. The only reason you started this topic is because you just slightly were confused. You can easily 1 shot a zwheihander in the head. Only reason you misunderstood is because you CLEARLY don't have any archer skill to know better. Also, don't start raging on archers just cause you saw one noob that just so happened to be an archer. Next time I would be a bit more wise.
I haven't played normal mode for a while so i can't talk about that. But I don't like what i see in hard mode. 90% of the time i play alone or in small group because most of the players want to play city and hide in the gate (archers get the most kills and since you cant spam the depolyable shield you need more shielders which means that archers get even more kills because 90% of the meele guys needs to shield or heal). When i was on a server with 2 other guys after a while we became like 10 players and me and a few of us was in the middle of wave 6 on village or beach or something. It was like 3 polls for City till then and all got denied, but i had the feeling everybody who joined started a new poll. Sometimes (not this time) they even blame you for not accepting the poll because you are a noob and don't want to get the most exp you can get. Then the fourth poll got accepted and we move to city where everyone hided in the gate. And thats not what i want NI to be about. I mean why do you want to get better items and levels if you will anyway hide in a gate just to get more items, exp and gold? Oh and when its not City everyone rambo into the nords and get killed in the first two waves most of the time while only 2-4 players who work together and help each other get to wave 4 and kill the boss. After respawn everyone but those 2-4 players rambo into the nords again and then starts polling to get to their gate where they can farm exp.

This all was maybe a bit OT, but i think its part of the problem. Why are there so many archers? because when deployable-shield-spamming was still possible you need only 2 meele guys and 1 healer and 13 archer to get to wave 8 or 9 and die there because the map got bugged. Since there is no more shieldspamming they still don't get it that nord invasion is not about hiding behind shields and farm exp. But i still hope that it will get better. The devs did some really good work with the last patches. The took away most of the camping spots (bad part about this is that now there is one map that is played 95%). They stopped shieldspamming which sadly didn't stopped players camping... I hope they will go on with this and shut the gate down. I know everyone but a small number of players will rage against this, but for me its the only way to show ppl that its not about camping and farming, but about working as a team, that does not mindless charge the nords. But till the day when most of you realized that i will continue playing alone or with few until those who poll join the server again.

Sorry for the wall of text. Don't worry you don't need to read it, because you won't agree with me anyway and nothing will change. And sorry for my shitty english and my kind of randomly shuffled argumentation.
(02-03-2012, 03:03 AM)Pvt_Dancer link Wrote:

hided the text under spoiler.

and I seriously agree with you, we want NI to be about teamplay and FUN not farming...  sadly I can't really get up with a cool idea... but NI is always in developement, so we can all hope for anything! (like deployable camel  8))
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
You speak from the Lost hard server right? I saw it, really funny. 4 shielder tried to save 10 archer. Give this mod a month and all the  archers from the normal server coming to hard server. We will get 80% archer or something like this.
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day