Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Prison Break Mode
This idea started out as me telling a housemate how I wanted to make a map that would feature the payers as prisoners of war set to be executed and they have to survive the waves of nords.  Now though, one of his friends suggested that I think about asking for this to be a new game mode.  It would be a break from the normal map survival waves.  Not too sure how to make this mode, but it could be a set of locks that need to be reached to escape to the next section of the map, then the final section being a place with health and ammo that they can defend until boss round.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.  Help me get this idea off the ground!
I don't know if I get this right......
-Player are prisoners
-Breaking out and still have to defend ( ???)
-Defending one wave and then go on to the next part of the map

Now actually that's a pretty nice idea. But I don't see the point why PRISONERS have to play DEFENSIVE.

I think the whole thing would be better if you wouldn't have any cades. As a result it would be an "open-field-battle" instead of cading.

Greets, Sobel
Characters:
Captain_Sobel---Master Peltast LVL 52
Captain_Sobel_IV---Commando LVL 49
Captain_Sobel_VII---Man At Arms LVL 36
Captain_Sobel_X---Sniper LVL 42

Prince: /
Ragnar: 1
Odin: 1
Stuff like this has come up in the past. While it sounds good and fun, The Warband AI bot has a problem with this sort of thing.
If I get this right, Sobel, the idea is that you break out through multiple defended positions to a defendable position, where you hold your ground until there is a chance of getting out (for example when you've killed a certain amount of waves). It might not be the most common situation after a prison break, but it could actually happen if the prisoners are outnumbered (in a movie, at least Tongue).
Sounds like a nice idea, but there might be some boundaries of the warband engine that you'd run in to here.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Good Idea. NI Is a mod known where you kills endless waves of Nords for loots/gear for your chars. This mode will make a new feel for NI which could bring in more players which can make more donators to help support this mod. Might be very hard to code this mode tho.
(22-12-2013, 12:54 PM)Maroon link Wrote: If I get this right, Sobel, the idea is that you break out through multiple defended positions to a defendable position, where you hold your ground until there is a chance of getting out (for example when you've killed a certain amount of waves). It might not be the most common situation after a prison break, but it could actually happen if the prisoners are outnumbered (in a movie, at least Tongue).
Sounds like a nice idea, but there might be some boundaries of the warband engine that you'd run in to here.
Ahhhh....now it makes sense xD
Characters:

not sure about the lock picking part but it could be interesting if after a few waves we are forced into a new area with different cadeing spots etc
So this is my interpretation of OP
It's rough, yeah, but it gets the general idea out. I'll make a map if I have to.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Nice. Exactly what I had in mind what it would look like.
(23-12-2013, 04:58 AM)Terath link Wrote: So this is my interpretation of OP
It's rough, yeah, but it gets the general idea out. I'll make a map if I have to.
Looks awesome. But what kind of reward should give us the chests?
Characters: