Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Upgrade the Graphics!
That is exactly why I think you should use Calradia in Darkness or Realistic Colors. Wink
I wouldn't really care for a change, actually. But, I am in favor of this, simply because it's a quick process with a quick update that could do something different, and I'm all for different  Wink
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Although I am retired it might be worth mentioning something which could add to this discussion. There are mods that are available for you to download that can add to the native textures. Since it is all client side you can enhance things quite a bit. However, not everyone has a super fast connection so on the development side you must consider everyone. If we added those sorts of packs to the download it would make it significantly larger.

So although that does not mean much to those of us with giant data diets, it is a major concern for those who have either limited speed or caps. There are threads with links on this forum that should show you how to enhance your native textures (perhaps someone will be kind enough to post a link) but please be mindful of the size of NI as it presently stands.
Breakdown of what barristan said:

Takes aussies 30 mins to dl NI

Takes americans 10 mins

Takes germans 5 mins

More graphics = double time = fuck no.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(17-04-2014, 04:21 AM)Slayer link Wrote: More graphics = double time = fuck no.
That statement = You have no idea what you're talking about

When downloading a scene, you're downloading a .sco file whose size does not change based on texture quality. Some might effect client-side performance, but...
(08-04-2014, 01:54 AM)The Dark Robin link Wrote: As something to note, Calradia in Darkness specifically says that it will not effect performance in any way.
On top of what Barristan has said, we have always tried to stay away from editing the graphics of the mod too much. Firstly, it comes down to taste. There are many packs out there and I have played with many but enjoyed few, while other players have enjoyed ones I have not. Secondly, we have always erred on the side of caution when we know that many of our players run warband on their toasters in dx7 on the lowest settings imaginable. It's kind of like playing a blurry minecraft. However, as K4mi has said, we can look into it and assess whether utilizing such a pack will have negative implications, such as fps and NI size, for our players.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
The problem of running the pack with good FPS, but also taste.
Why not just have a separate NI download for each of those model packs? Or if that is too much work to do for every single update, give links to those forum pages for other people to try out? Or if people really wanted to pimp their NI, let them know about this thread and download it for themselves instead of giving the developers more work and having to spoon-feed everybody.

(Just my take on things, feel free to criticize me)
I'm pretty sure I have some of the worst lag spikes in NI. In replying to the large downloads... I don't think .50 megaBITS mb/s(not megabytes) is a good download speed. that's about 50-60 kilobytes per second. In essence, it would take me about 7 nights to download BF4. Probably more though since internet outages. At least it's better than my older .39 mb/s. Congrats, I'm not a virgin, Verizon fucks with me every week. Nice graphics though, and nice suggestion.
(18-04-2014, 02:46 AM)Sir Spacey link Wrote: Why not just have a separate NI download for each of those model packs?
I was thinking to do it this way but we need to focus at the patch first. Maybe we can build it up after patch release.