Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me!
Name: Nord Hersirs

Local military commanders in the Nord Empire, Hersirs have sworn allegiance to their king and are eager to litter the earth with Swadian corpses. They call upon their gods to protect them and are too proud to wear body armor, but are willing to wear a helmet and leg armor as well as wield a shield on the orders of their king. Skilled with deadly axes, both for close quarters combat and for throwing, they are a force to be reckoned with and are a vital part of a Nordic army.

Type: Infantry (dunno whether to call them light or medium)
Weapons: One-handed battle axe, Throwing axes, and heavy board shield or Huscarl's Round Shield
Armor: Nordic Huscarl's Helmet, no body armor, mail boots,
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Abilities: can feint, can chamber, has high accuracy

Basically, it's a troop in between a beserker and a huscarl or trooper. It can easily be taken out by flank or back shots, but head shots against board shields should be very difficult and the mail boots should reduce damage from leg shots. Also, it's feinting and chambering capabilities as well as near indestructible shield and large number means infantry MUST cooperate with archers to take them down with minimal casualties. Throwing axes and their high accuracy means archers must either hide behind a shield or constantly evade, reducing their firing rate. Their one-handed battle axes can inflict some pretty high damage close range and also chew through shields.

Could make them an exclusive wave or maybe toss them into a mix of other units since the Hersirs are commanders.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Sphinx - 05-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Jeffacake - 27-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Sphinx - 29-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - by Leturoa - 28-05-2013, 10:55 AM