Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Can someone make a Pikeman guide?
See that's the thing. I understand feinting, chamber blocking, and the whole idea of gaining momentum for an attack.  It's just that chamber blocking is almost out of the question, considering most pikes don't have sideways attacks, and that pikes don't do that much damage when using a sideways attack.

That's why it seems kind of silly to even bother using a pike, when you could opt out for a weapon that has a sideways attacking capability, like a halberd, or a bardiche.

The few pikes that are available in the marketplace that are good, are either really short, or have a great length, but crappy piercing damage.

All of the times my thrusts whiff, or do hit, a commando could have killed several enemies in a row of the same type, because they don't need to use thrusting attacks. Thrusts just seem redundant because of the huge chance of it bouncing off an enemy. I know you could say "Oh that's why you've got to keep getting better at gauging distances, and knowing when to attack.", but that doesn't change the fact that thrusts bounce the most often out of any attack, and leave you the most vulnerable.

The times a thrust does hit, a slashing weapon could have out damaged the spear, and killed the enemy much faster.

That's why I don't see any reason to use the current marketplace spears. Huge chance of whiffing, no sideways attacks, and not enough damage compared to the other weapons.

If the spears in the marketplace had a higher piercing damage to compensate, then I would see a huge difference in weapon choice. Otherwise, it's best to stick with the slashing type weapons for shieldwalls.

And if I end up having to use things like the great long bardiche, I might as well just play commando and use a two handed sword for more power, and better armor.

Messages In This Thread
Can someone make a Pikeman guide? - by Avranish - 10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Re: Can someone make a Pikeman guide? - by Avranish - 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM