Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Event Brainstorming and Suggestions
These events are mainly for a change from the standard gameplay, however minor. The rewards, to me, are a secondary bonus although I know to most players it's the primary bonus.

Newer players not participating in runs like these often stem from not knowing that the forum exists, feeling like they don't know anybody in the events or feeling like they aren't good enough to play in large events. I really don't want that to be the case; everybody should be able to participate no matter how new they are and not face any judgement for it. It seems though that it's inevitable that the official events will have more old players in it, since older players would be the ones more interested in a change in gameplay coupled with the rewards. There aren't a lot of ways to get more new players to participate in events, other than the new player joining a house and having a circle of peers to participate with.

I am in no way against hosting events that are specifically focused towards new and casual players, but finding event modes that are enjoyable as well as being productive for a new player is difficult. Marketplace runs are a good place to start, but for a new player, it is potentially just a standard run - although having old players assisting new players would be very beneficial. This is definitely something for me to think about.
Hosting the standard game mode on Normal or Hard difficulty would be a good start to becoming more inclusive, since IIRC the only official events hosted are Ragnarok. My main concern is that there aren't enough new players to support these events, although one could argue that the reason there aren't enough new players is because there aren't enough of these events.

This is unexplored territory for me as a developer, so please bear with me while I try to figure things out. If I don't end up being good at hosting or organizing events, well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

To Forward:
Most of these events are not designed to be competitive, besides Endurance and House competition.
House competition is not PVP. It focuses on one house vs. another house, PvE. The House Competition mode is two houses fighting bots until one of the houses dies, not two houses fighting against each other in PvP. Right now, the number of  houses is small, but I hope with more house-focused events (not more house events), there will be more of a reason to have a house.
Defend the King is not competitive either. If you win the mode, you get the prize. There is no 'first' prize, just 'the prize'. You are not fighting against other players for the top reward. If the Summer Challenge is anything to base off of, one developer as a Nord is hardly enough to be called PvP. Call it PvP if you want, but it is not the main point of the mode at all.
About nostalgia; the old maps are really, really buggy, and not built for things like AoE Gungnir rain, barricading or shotgun bows. There are almost no maps I can recommend from those times that would be acceptable as a submission today. It's still really fun to see how the game used to be, though.
Endurance -- not liking competitive modes is fine, just don't participate and wait for a different event. Some players like them, some players don't. It doesn't make the mode itself bad. All of the modes suggested are not PvP - they are modes designed to cover a lot of ground so that no player's ideal event is left out. Just like how you thought Nostalgia would be fun, someone else might think Endurance would be more fun - it's all subjective. And, honestly, I'd rather not have more RnG rewards. There's enough of those in the base game.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off

Messages In This Thread
Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Terath - 18-09-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Elmo - 18-09-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Elmo - 18-09-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Krex - 18-09-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Krex - 18-09-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 08:29 AM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 11:28 PM