Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Event Brainstorming and Suggestions
(10-10-2019, 10:09 AM)Forward Wrote: I pointed at April event as an example of event both good for old and new players. Designing events suitable for new players doesn't mean they should be bad for old ones.
(09-10-2019, 05:03 PM)Woody Wrote: I'm more in favour of server side events that go for weeks as this is a game were people play from multiple time zones. Going to events at certain times will always favour some and not others. For the event being fun or rewarding is something that comes 2nd to the people that need to make a decision "is it worth staying up for this shit".

I've done my fair share of 1 off events and most of the time for me and other Au players they are at ridiculous times being either suited for na or eu.

Like those events, more in that factor but events that are server-side are heavily limited.

(10-10-2019, 10:09 AM)Forward Wrote: You should not craft for other people, indeed. It could be solved by events without gear requirement or by simplifying whole craft system.

You are Implying server-side events were it gives you gear to use. What happens when it's not that event?  

How does "Simplifying whole craft system" fix the problem of me needed to craft stuff for other people for free?

The options are
A. Give everyone max crafting for free and refund the crafting XP to the people that have it
B. Make crafting rewarding for the crafter
C. Give a reason for why I would want to craft for people. Once again a reward in some sort.

I've suggested all of that and more as I really don't care how it's done. Either give me a reason for why I should help random people or make crafting easier to do for everyone.

(10-10-2019, 10:09 AM)Forward Wrote: Many 'old' players you talk about not even really play outside house events. House events don't evolve community, public runs do. Same with retention, people will return to mod with alive pubs/public events, not to the mod with super-mega-custom-house events.

They don't play outside of events because they are bored of either carrying on normal or wiping on rag.

I disagree with you saying players will come back to server-side events more than a custom event. What evidence do you have? I think the reward aspect is what makes players want to give Ni a go again for events. Sure if we just got 2 weeks for 2x Xp that will bring some people back but I would take a guess that It would bring in more players than an event were its custom server-side items they don't get to keep.

Yes if the event offers something new thats another factor that will bring in people. For server-side events, we have fewer options so less way to make it new. I may like server-side events more but I can see the grate potential in events given rules can be apply and taken away. Server-side events need to run by itself but normal events can involve planning beforehand and things only devs can do in server.

(09-10-2019, 07:50 PM)Forward Wrote: My idea was about making mode without crafting and trading at all, where all gear either bought on the market or looted. Crafting and trading are big hurdles for new players.

https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=57535

What is Ni to you? Progression is everything to Ni.

The Fluffy house failed when you realise the fun of being new is not why you like Ni but if you do it can be done in the normal game. Sure its fun to start again but why do so? You get the same feeling when making a new hero on real servers. It's the same experience... Hell, I joinned a beginner server with almost 10 red shirts, not too long ago.  

Without trading is something I have in my notes to maybe suggest for Ni 2 if it ever happens. Just 1 problem out of the 100 here is how do you make sure they don't with the current system?

(09-10-2019, 07:50 PM)Forward Wrote: About useless gear community is right, there are no reasons to use suboptimal classes/gear, it could work on Normal, but goal is perform well on Rag.

I completely agree with gear. Why use a house-crafted pike when the Orange ones cost less.

Class wise some may be suboptimal sure but it's subjective you find no reason to play them. To play Senti even tho is objectively the class that needs the most help at lest is does something to Its own.

(09-10-2019, 07:50 PM)Forward Wrote: It's different with maps, though. Some maps deemed bad because bad on Rag, though nothing prevents playing them on lower modes. Just don't play Juggernaut, you'll teach them bad.

Like how classes can be deemed better than others with objectively reasoning the same can be done with maps.

Just because maps don't have stats we can see we can still look at the layout of the map and see what ones are better. Yes some things in maps will be subjective like the main cade area being close or far to spawn. Other things like the number of anvils, ammo, health, cades spots, peeking spots, ... is objective.

I'm sure you can think of a few maps where you only have 1 main cade spot or maps that you cant kite or even maps were the player spawn is closer to the bots one.

Its harder to say what makes a good map and what doesn't but it can be done and shown. A good map has everything or almost but a bad map has fewer options.  

(09-10-2019, 07:50 PM)Forward Wrote: Just don't play Juggernaut, you'll teach them bad.
Subjective.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            

Messages In This Thread
Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Terath - 18-09-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Elmo - 18-09-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Elmo - 18-09-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Krex - 18-09-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by Krex - 18-09-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 18-09-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 08:29 AM
RE: Event Brainstorming and Suggestions - by DR. - 19-09-2019, 11:28 PM