Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New building system and how it affects the meta
With building system changes released today I want to analyze it to found how to cade in the future.

I assume I understood these changes correctly however feel free to correct me if I wrong.

So now a team have 6 building points (BP) per wave = 18 BP per respawn cycle.
These 18 BP are either 6 walls, either 9 shc, either 18 depshields.
So with building with walls you can have 6*3200=19200 cades hp,
with shc - 9*3300=29700hp (55% more),
with shields - 18*3400=61200hp (more then 200% more)!

We see how cading with shc is dominating over walls' one. Yes, obviously cading with shc have some disadvantages; for example you need 9 players with shcs instead of 6 with walls, but you get 55% more cadeshp with it! And there are a lot of maps where it's easy to close choke point with shc.

About dep shields, they could be even better, but you need literally everyone with them except couple of tomebringers. If let's say you have 14 ppl with them it's 47600 cadeshp. Yes you can say you can't utilize it well, but it built well (2 per row at same point as shcs) bots could need to destroy 13/14 depshields to get into you anyway.

And I don't even mention what if depshields have more then 1 charge (no one can craft them yet). With 3 charges on each 2 people with such shields could provide more cading hp then 6 ppl with walls.
And even with normal dep shields it would be nice because 1300hp*3charges=3900hp per person (more then wall). But unlikely depshields dont work in new update at all. So waiting for fix.

Messages In This Thread
New building system and how it affects the meta - by Forward - 31-10-2018, 02:54 PM