Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Cabal of Crazed Commanders
I just thought of another thing. Like in cavalry if you kill someone from horseback you get mounted exp. Why not have it so if your AI gets a kill it rewards the player (or players if it is easier) with faction points if that is going to be used as currency. This would make it a bit more fair for the shielders who currently struggle to complete quests because they don't kill they just sit there with a shield.

(13-07-2014, 01:40 AM)Suns link Wrote:

They might bring in a way to unlock other troops to use. They could use exp I guess but wouldn't it be better to use the faction points? Since they kind of measure how much fame you have and changes your rank. Why not use that to unlock more troops the more famous you get?
(31-07-2014, 07:39 AM)Leturoa link Wrote: I just thought of another thing. Like in cavalry if you kill someone from horseback you get mounted exp. Why not have it so if your AI gets a kill it rewards the player (or players if it is easier) with faction points if that is going to be used as currency. This would make it a bit more fair for the shielders who currently struggle to complete quests because they don't kill they just sit there with a shield.

[quote author=Suns link=topic=28850.msg187266#msg187266 date=1405215616]

They might bring in a way to unlock other troops to use. They could use exp I guess but wouldn't it be better to use the faction points? Since they kind of measure how much fame you have and changes your rank. Why not use that to unlock more troops the more famous you get?
[/quote]

I like this. It finally gives a use to faction points, which I have enough of already and so do all of you; you could use it for just the one game-mode just like cavalry XP. I mean, you'd still get faction points by doing quests and stuff, but you'd also get it by your bots killing bots.
Another way we could do this is if we could put a faction point reward at the end of the match, after killing the last boss. Maybe somewhere enough to equip your soldiers, but little enough to not be farm-able, and have an OP army.

I love that this thread stayed afloat; to me it's a good idea that could boost population and fun, and give faction points a use finally. Unless they already had an idea for faction points.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(31-07-2014, 06:15 PM)Terath link Wrote: [quote author=Leturoa link=topic=28850.msg190464#msg190464 date=1406792385]
I just thought of another thing. Like in cavalry if you kill someone from horseback you get mounted exp. Why not have it so if your AI gets a kill it rewards the player (or players if it is easier) with faction points if that is going to be used as currency. This would make it a bit more fair for the shielders who currently struggle to complete quests because they don't kill they just sit there with a shield.

[quote author=Suns link=topic=28850.msg187266#msg187266 date=1405215616]

[/quote]

I like this. It finally gives a use to faction points, which I have enough of already and so do all of you; you could use it for just the one game-mode just like cavalry XP. I mean, you'd still get faction points by doing quests and stuff, but you'd also get it by your bots killing bots.
Another way we could do this is if we could put a faction point reward at the end of the match, after killing the last boss. Maybe somewhere enough to equip your soldiers, but little enough to not be farm-able, and have an OP army.

I love that this thread stayed afloat; to me it's a good idea that could boost population and fun, and give faction points a use finally. Unless they already had an idea for faction points.
[/quote]
Good idea. It would be realistic if you could only gain FP by completing quests and killing bots with your bots.
I was too sad that this idea died hard, so I decided to bring it back to see if it would get any sort of response.
please don't kill me hyper
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(25-09-2014, 02:54 AM)Terath link Wrote: I was too sad that this idea died hard, so I decided to bring it back to see if it would get any sort of response.

The upcoming patch is fully committed to refining the existing game code. Kip and K4mi have done some fantastic work putting it together and to say more would be to spoil it. This idea sounds fun and interesting but the dev team has a lot on its plate right now. Maybe if you wrote the code you could bring something more solid to implement this idea? That is not to say for certain that we would implement it. It is worth remembering that server space is limited, especially outside of EU.
(25-09-2014, 03:02 AM)Barristan link Wrote: [quote author=Terath link=topic=28850.msg199069#msg199069 date=1411613650]
I was too sad that this idea died hard, so I decided to bring it back to see if it would get any sort of response.

The upcoming patch is fully committed to refining the existing game code. Kip and K4mi have done some fantastic work putting it together and to say more would be to spoil it. This idea sounds fun and interesting but the dev team has a lot on its plate right now. Maybe if you wrote the code you could bring something more solid to implement this idea? That is not to say for certain that we would implement it. It is worth remembering that server space is limited, especially outside of EU.
[/quote]

Thanks, Barristan. Glad to know that the developers haven't given up yet. I understand that you guys have a ton on your plate, and I'll respect that.
Who knows, maybe I'll try to learn to code..
*cough*