Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos
I heard someone say, "But that makes the Headcrusher useless and it's already 800k."
Stat suggestions: Headcrusher removes a blunt weapon as an option. Pierce is still possible, but I'm also going to suggest a sword:

Sword
97 length
99 speed
46c

Nearest Competitors:
Hero's Hope
Quote:Weight: 1.5
Speed Rating: 101
Weapon Reach: 99
Swing Damage: 50c
Thrust Damage: 30p
Obtainable Through: Housecrafting - Attacker level 13

Ornate Crusaders Sword
Quote:Weight: 1.5
Speed Rating: 101
Weapon Reach: 101
Swing Damage: 47c
Thrust Damage: 31p
Obtainable Through: Housecrafting - Attacker level 13

Edit: Fire Blade
Quote:Weight: 1.75
Speed: 98
Weapon Reach: 105
Swing Damage: 45c
Thrust Damage: 31p
Obtainable Through: Crafting - Alchemist level 18

Also, here's a pick, based off the models Maroon posted. It's a longer pick due to the long wooden handle, which also causes it to be a bit slower. The head on it is a lot smaller than the head on the DWP which mean's its damage isn't as great.

Pick
97 speed
97 length
40P

^--Fire Blade and Swadian Hope.
(30-07-2014, 10:13 PM)Winter link Wrote: ^--Fire Blade and Swadian Hope.

No such weapon as Swadian Hope.
  :-[
Uh...  What?  I assure you, the Swadian Hope exists.

*Moved*
(30-07-2014, 10:21 PM)Winter link Wrote: Uh...  What?  I assure you, the Swadian Hope exists.

Oh, figured you were thinking of Swadian Courage.

Nonetheless, with 101 speed and 103 reach, it's pretty good, I wouldn't consider it a competitor.
(30-07-2014, 10:20 PM)synario link Wrote: [quote author=Winter link=topic=29704.msg190401#msg190401 date=1406758398]

[/quote]

If you haven't even researched the current possible weapons to craft why are you so set on getting new ones?  Please do some research on the forums next time :\
(30-07-2014, 10:20 PM)synario link Wrote: [quote author=Winter link=topic=29704.msg190401#msg190401 date=1406758398]

[/quote]

hahahaha

As Winter said, correctly as he usually does, Swadian hope does exist, it's very expensive and will be deprecated by your new idea. There is a balance issue with Commando and every class, but it won't be solved by adding new weapons but rather by fixing the existing ones. Adding new weapons is never the fix, however it is always the cause of issues. If you really want a new sword because it'd look cool or something, you need to dedicate time to considering every weapon, all their stats, all their uses, which ones are over/underused, their costs and much more. It's not as simple as "just add new sword!".
Erm, so I think you were somewhat missing my point, and I did update that post with a wall of text, but I guess I'll move that over here since you all probably missed it.  I also agree with Harlaus, as usual.

I'll go ahead and be devil's advocate.  There are many gaps in price very similar to this very gap in price.  Let's go ahead and agree Steel Cutter and Vengeance are, say, 350-400k (probably a little more to craft, but whatever, not important).  We can also agree that those fancy house crafted goodies are 1.8m or so, right?  Maybe a little more?  2.5m maybe?  Yeah, let's go with that.  There are several other gaps that could also be filled - Striped/Heavy Lam (300k) > Trans (1.8m), Arbalest/Elegant (400-500k) > House Crafted Xbows (4.5m+), Sharpshooter Bow (350k) > House Crafted Bows (5m or so?), Bear (300 for body, 600k for set) > House Crafted Armor (Let's just go with a lot.  I don't want to do math for Copper Bars and have everyone debate it anyways), SKS (60k?) > Royal (2.5m or so)(Defender does a good job, but is RG only), normal crafted polearms or Snake weapons (500k or so) to Sarissa (1.8) to Eastern Glaive (6m+ I think?).  So yeah, there are lots of gaps to fill, some equal in size and some much, much larger.  As new items are added, gaps will be filled or modified.

I'm not saying I'm against having more 1h weapons, I'd absolutely love that!  More 1h weapons, please!  I'd really love a nice new warpick or a longer, slower version of the Head Crusher, but just more swords would make balance even more difficult.  I'm just saying that they aren't purposely being neglected.  I believe the reason there are so many House Crafted 1h weapons available is that devs wanted there to be a nice selection for Legionnaire, Sentinel, and Aventurier to choose from in the House Crafted zone, and that the Vengeance/Steel Cutter would be sufficient for people that cannot afford the better House Crafted items, as there is supposed to be a gap between normal crafted stuff and the brilliant House Crafted goodies.
(30-07-2014, 10:29 PM)Susanoo link Wrote: [quote author=synario link=topic=29704.msg190403#msg190403 date=1406758808]
[quote author=Winter link=topic=29704.msg190401#msg190401 date=1406758398]

[/quote]

If you haven't even researched the current possible weapons to craft why are you so set on getting new ones?  Please do some research on the forums next time :\
[/quote] My thoughts exactly  :-\