Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Save NordInvasion!
well take a look at this mod and tell me why you will get threatened when you Support another opinion but this will exceed my horizons.
Code:
Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.

Rules are everywhere. You can't blame it as reason that the mod became less active.
GTA V came out recently for pc which had a great impact on the playercount as well.
And of course, there are other things, but the devs have accepted suggestions since the beginning,
and since then, many good ones have been accepted. The reason that this topic is here is to show
devs what we think about the player count and how we could improve it. You're just trolling here and the best for you is to stop that.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Sniper, plz, either you're not reading what he writes or there is something that I miss to understand. Elaios made some useful and reasonable remarks. And with that "plus one", I do understand it's against forum rules, ok. But let's just not go crazy, getting ppl mutted for that, oh 'cmon... Elaios is right, it will result in "minus players".
I just dont understand why a lot of people are making such a big deal out of this "NI is dying" thing.
Im happy that so many people are worried about its future (me too ofcourse), but a lot of people are just whining around.
~CM~Banshee              Juggernaut
~CM~Shadowknight      Pavise Champion
~CM~Shadowrunner     Master Peltast
~CM~TheGreatNoob     Warden
~CM~Redshirt              Legionaire
~CM~Naizhax              Repeaterman

26th June 2015            Ullrs Bane
Thanks Shadow, I really hope you're right and it is just a coincidence much less new players join these year. However just in case it would be a beginning of trouble I believe the community should consider what could be done to revert it.
(28-04-2015, 06:58 PM)Shadowknight link Wrote: I just dont understand why a lot of people are making such a big deal out of this "NI is dying" thing.
Im happy that so many people are worried about its future (me too ofcourse), but a lot of people are just whining around.

A lot of people need this game as a good pastime activity and are genuinely concerned about its future. From my view, we should have these kind of discussions because there are some mutual concerns that we need to iron out. The problem is people will use this as an opportunity to criticise the game mechanics/content, which in my view is a separate problem to be tackled differently.

I honestly think this community comes across to new players as slightly hostile, intimidating and authoritarian and puts them off, as opposed to leaving because the game is being boring or broken or what not. That's only my perspective though, and you can see this from this thread that clearly people have a different idea.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
(29-04-2015, 09:37 AM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: (...) A lot of people need this game as a good pastime activity and are genuinely concerned about its future. From my view, we should have these kind of discussions because there are some mutual concerns that we need to iron out. The problem is people will use this as an opportunity to criticise the game mechanics/content, which in my view is a separate problem to be tackled differently.
(...)
You took the words out of my mouth, very true. The game is as it is, not perfect (are there any perfect ones?) and evaluation probably differs depending on point of view. Still, it's damn good one, so instead of throwing in some critics (that indeed could be put into some other dedicated thread) let's try to work out some activities that the community could undertake to increase it's popularity and number of players.
(29-04-2015, 09:37 AM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: (...) I honestly think this community comes across to new players as slightly hostile, intimidating and authoritarian and puts them off, as opposed to leaving because the game is being boring or broken or what not. That's only my perspective though, and you can see this from this thread that clearly people have a different idea.
As we have different players here we can expect different patterns of behaviour. But I've seen many players very friendly and helpful toward the new ones. It's a cooperative mod and everyone in server must feel a part of the team and this community. So guys, try to keep it in mind, even if you see some redshirt doing something really stupid: ppl make mistakes, that's normal. Just teach them by example and advice and next time they will do better. No need to go rude.
All good points. Just try being a redshirt on a empty normal server and see if you even beat followers. Most cant even get past wave 2, let alone 4. That's about 20xp a game, which will make them really angry and bored fast. Now with normal xp it might be more near 60xp which is still pretty bad. I think the looting system is also in need of work but not as much as the difficultly of this game. Normal is no challenge for a 52 char, but hard is almost impossible for them now without kiting. Wheres the in between where they can make it a decent way through then die, not dying wave 4 or something all the time. And even if kiting was added, what about xbows and infantry? They cant kite and really couldn't play alone and kiters would moan and say that they are in their way or to leave. This game needs drastic changes soon and this thread has suggested a lot of ones to listen to.
Regarding the difficulty and frustration of leveling a new character (especially for the first time), this is the primary focus of our next big update.  There is still a lot of work to do but we have a few changes planned which should improve this aspect of the game greatly.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(30-04-2015, 01:43 AM)Kip link Wrote: Regarding the difficulty and frustration of leveling a new character (especially for the first time), this is the primary focus of our next big update.  There is still a lot of work to do but we have a few changes planned which should improve this aspect of the game greatly.
Is there any ETA for that update, or is it undecided/unknown.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]