Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Changing the Commando's Hero Classes
(14-05-2014, 11:02 PM)Suns link Wrote:[quote author=Winter link=topic=26462.msg178420#msg178420 date=1400086902]
[quote author=-Perception- link=topic=26462.msg178419#msg178419 date=1400086694]
Now go ahead and think of a third choice.  Tongue
Hoplites, bonus to shield and polearm skill!  Now to make 1h stabs not be totally worthless...
[/quote]
Wise words from the great Winter!
[/quote]
never trust the words of a slave
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
is this another thread personally attacking my Hero Class?
If you have a problem with legion, dont go legion.
And, to set the record straight...a Legionnaire can slash just as well as RG and shield just as well as a Zwei.
Enhanced Skills include: Throwing things...not really at, but towards enemies + Bonus to slash-shielding.
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
(14-05-2014, 11:57 PM)Deer link Wrote:is this another thread personally attacking my Hero Class?
If you have a problem with legion, dont go legion.
And, to set the record straight...a Legionnaire can slash just as well as RG and shield just as well as a Zwei.
Enhanced Skills include: Throwing things...not really at, but towards enemies + Bonus to slash-shielding.
I don't see anything wrong with the Legionnaire. Like you said, don't like it, don't go it.
Legionnaires can still shield and slash like RG and Zwei, albeit not AS effective. What Legionnaires can do that sets them apart from RG and Zwei is the ability to use throwables at final bosses and actually do considerable damage. Not to mention the fact that they can act as pseudo kiters when the occasion calls for it.
I would be sad to see legion go because I  am looking forward to going one. For the sole reason that people think its not that good but in the end its not, because its all about what people like. You don't like a class don't use it. Same goes for hero classes.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051003432/ -Use this link to add me on Steam Thanks.
(14-05-2014, 05:01 PM)Winter link Wrote:[quote author=-Perception- link=topic=26462.msg178419#msg178419 date=1400086694]
Now go ahead and think of a third choice.  Tongue
Hoplites, bonus to shield and polearm skill!  Now to make 1h stabs not be totally worthless...
[/quote]

I hear one by the name of donovan has mastered both shielding and 1h stabbing, shame he never tells his secret. However, what he does do is make all "hoplites" look stupid and inferior and dumb and stupid some more. Why not either give the legionnaire a slightly buffed shield increase to the same as pavise so that they aren't redundant in every team (every team needs shielders) or add a new class with a really lame name like samurai or something along those lines who excels at using short crappy weapons that they can swing really really really really fast. let's take wormbanes for example, sure they're already better than the durendal or any other sword in the game but think what you could do whirling that at the nords quicker than a dev using a butter knife. of course some will draw the contrast to zweihanders but we all know they are compensating for something with their big swords and don't want competition on the market. yes a class dedicated to swinging little 2h swords stupidly fast sounds like a much needed balance to the commando tree.

Quote: compensating for something with their big swords
Quote:little 2h swords
Big, little, make up your mind!
Zweis are strongclass for strongmen.
I completely disagree as well. Hero class are balanced. A LOT of kills are made with 1h weapons... A class like Legionnaire is an interesting gameplay and doesn't need to be buffed or changed.  But it is more difficult to play as you can fits many roles. A bit like sharpshooters.

Though I agree that for Ragnarok only, Legionnaires are less useful than Royal guards. Just like Zweihanders.
Royal Guard could use some more 1h and 2h skills.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
A skilled legionnaire with a good 1h is able to put out as much if not more dps than a RG or Zwei.  The only reason people think this class is bad is that they don't understand how to use it properly. 
(15-05-2014, 07:57 AM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote:Royal Guard could use some more 1h and 2h skills.

What for? To slash while shielding?

As for Legionnaire it might deserve some boost. While +150 to throwing seems a lot, it still has less proficiency then a heavy skirmisher. Keeping in mind that he suppose to be throwing most of the time and shield/slash only in emergencies, it would be nice to strengthen his ranged potential. I think he wont be OP if become nearly as good as 39 lvl pikeman (maybe throwing prof. around 240? athletics raised to 8?).
I think it would be good idea to give him some dedicated armours and shields that offer more mobility. So while they wont offer more protection, they simply weight less thus slow him down to less extent.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden