Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos
Yes, I feel foolish, sorry I had a bit of a brain-fart there, no need to pile in. I can assure you I have done a lot of research, Susanoo. This is a discussion, and no I don't have a dictionary-perfect knowledge of the game. No need to be haughty about it. I have already learned so much in the short-span of this thread, and believe me I am appreciating greatly the difficultly of making a one-hander in this price range.

Making a new one-hander sword, I concede is virtually impossible at this point, in the desired price range. Unless we were to make the fire-blade commando only, and drop the price. Nonetheless, even if we did that, it'd be highly arguable whether or not the fire blade is better than the steel cutter. I haven't had enough experience using the fire blade to comment.

However, let's take a look at the pick. There's the military pick at 31p, and then the dreaded war pick at 49p. That leaves a ton of room for a new one-hander pick, which you've all said you'd be excited about.  Wink

(30-07-2014, 10:34 PM)Winter link Wrote: I believe the reason there are so many House Crafted 1h weapons available is that devs wanted there to be a nice selection for Legionnaire, Sentinel, and Aventurier to choose from in the House Crafted zone.

Just want to point out that the house crafted swords for the legionnaire cannot at the moment be used by Sentinel and Aventurier.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

That is already being looked at and isn't really relevant to the conversation, as this is regarding Commando 1h weapons anyways.
You can't simply drop the price of an item either, it would be unfair to everyone who has crafted them. EG: Made 5m Sword, not worth its price, lets lower it to 2m, oh great now i've just lost 3m.

It doesn't work that way. All you can do is rebalance weapons which has always been an issue as in my opinion (Don't take this personally and mute me) has been a lazy area in the development land as you can see many items are unbalanced and not worth their price, nor even crafted let alone some weapons have the same stats pretty much.

Should be more diversity between the weapon structure, would take approx 4-5 hours to think about the structure, but changing the stats themselves I have no idea.

Ill give you an example, I think that the Aurora Blade should be approx 54-55c and wormbane 51-52c, seeming as they are legendary and cost more then a boardig axe (57c), are slower than a boarding axe and shorter (Not sure on the aurora blade), let alone the butcher.

So before the next patch is released, I hope this area isn't as neglected as it has been in the past.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
I disagree that prices should not be able to drop. It's a risk you always take whenever you buy something. For example, I bought Skyrim at launch for 50 euros. During the last summersale it dropped to as low as 2.50 euros. I don't agree this should not be a possibility in NI. Not this extreme, of course, but it's the way a market works. If something gets older it generally gets cheaper.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(31-07-2014, 08:57 AM)Maroon link Wrote: I disagree that prices should not be able to drop.
I disagree.

To elaborate prices can rise or fall depending on inflation, but changing the crafting materials needed to craft something afterwards is a big no no in a game like this.

Only way to do that how I see it would be for a weapon that either no one has ever crafted in game or just a handful of ppl have and they could request a refund for the original crafting cost in exchange of the crafted item or a partial refund for the old materials minus updated materials.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
(31-07-2014, 09:04 AM)Sosruko link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=29704.msg190470#msg190470 date=1406797064]
I disagree that prices should not be able to drop.
I disagree.

To elaborate prices can rise or fall depending on inflation, but changing the crafting materials needed to craft something afterwards is a big no no in a game like this.

Only way to do that how I see it would be for a weapon that either no one has ever crafted in game or just a handful of ppl have and they could request a refund for the original crafting cost in exchange of the crafted item or a partial refund for the old materials minus updated materials.
[/quote]

Which is exactly what happened before. So i agree with you. The only recipe i can remember changing was the Repeater crossbow, at the time there was only 1 and the recipe doubled.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(31-07-2014, 11:25 AM)Slayer link Wrote: The only recipe i can remember changing was the Repeater crossbow, at the time there was only 1 and the recipe doubled.
Yup, the Repeater got a Phoenix Feather added just as Irish was crafting one for someone, the Heavy Sturmhaube also had a Phoenix Feather thrown in, the Halfplate went up from 3 Ink of Life to 5 Ink of Life and at the time I believe only Dan had made one (Murrow was a few lead away, everyone laugh!), Field Medic Boxes had an Ink of Life added on right after I made 3 of them for some friends, and finally the Master Surgeon's Kit had a Phoenix Feather and two Inks of Life added to it at the same time before any were made.  The Illustious used to be a House Crafted item (don't think anyone made one, might have been one made but unconfirmed), Studded Gauntlets were craftable for a short period a very long time ago, and that's all I can remember on the subject.

Crafting costs of items haven't moved down before and almost every change was made shortly after release due to players crafting them much easier than developers expected...  Except when Cavalry got removed and all the Camels became Trans and certain materials were no longer used for anything *cough* strange fur *cough* and horses became useless to own other than souvenirs.

TL;DR - Item crafting costs have changed shortly after release for good reasons, some items were replaced or made useless in the past, but all of this was only the result of major changes (House Crafting just being added and needing balance and Cavalry being removed).  I doubt this Feature Request would warrant any sort of crafting cost change in the first place, though, so it doesn't seem to be a pertinent argument.

PS - I am relatively sure balance is being reconsidered this patch, Slayer, as Hyper did post a quote about it a while back.  I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers and see when this elusive patch finally comes out Wink
Susanoo said he crafted his Illustious.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

He was trolling you.