Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Changing the Commando's Hero Classes
It would seem my suggestion struck a few cords here and there. I'm sorry if it did so in a bad way.
I think a few of you somewhat misinterpreted my suggestion. I do not want the Legionnaire to go. I simply suggested that its strengths get moved over to a different hero class. I'm not saying this because I picked Legionnaire and regret so, Deer. I don't have a Legionnaire, nor do I intend to get one. I just want its skills to be of more use, by merging it with a different class. Would you guys see it as an offensive against the Legionnaire if my suggestion was to remove the Zweihander and move its skills to the Legionnaire? It would be the exact same thing.
I think both the Legionnaire and the Zweihander are better off if they were to be combined. No, neither of these classes would disappear. Sure, the Legionnaire parts of the new class would probably come second to most people playing it after the Zweihander parts. But that would be in the hands of the one playing as this class.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(15-05-2014, 07:57 AM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote:Royal Guard could use some more 1h and 2h skills.
Yes. The most used hero class needs a buff.
(15-05-2014, 07:01 AM)Morvich link Wrote:
Quote: compensating for something with their big swords
Quote:little 2h swords
Big, little, make up your mind!
Zweis are strongclass for strongmen.
I stated my mind clearly on the matter...
(15-05-2014, 10:34 AM)Maroon link Wrote:It would seem my suggestion struck a few cords here and there. I'm sorry if it did so in a bad way.
I think a few of you somewhat misinterpreted my suggestion. I do not want the Legionnaire to go. I simply suggested that its strengths get moved over to a different hero class. I'm not saying this because I picked Legionnaire and regret so, Deer. I don't have a Legionnaire, nor do I intend to get one. I just want its skills to be of more use, by merging it with a different class. Would you guys see it as an offensive against the Legionnaire if my suggestion was to remove the Zweihander and move its skills to the Legionnaire? It would be the exact same thing.
I think both the Legionnaire and the Zweihander are better off if they were to be combined. No, neither of these classes would disappear. Sure, the Legionnaire parts of the new class would probably come second to most people playing it after the Zweihander parts. But that would be in the hands of the one playing as this class.

If you don't have this class how can you say it's skills are not of use?  I will say it again:  people do not understand how to play as a legionnaire effectively.  You are not supposed to be standing behind the cades throwing. Legionnaires are still infantry.  8 shielding with a good shield (royal or above)  is still enough to shield on Rag (trust me I do it all the time).  Although you have the same 2h skill as a commando, the 8 power strike causes you to be a much more effective slasher.  Add on top of that the best 1h skill in game (also the highest melee proficiency of any inf hero) and access to some of the best 1h weapons.  Throwing as a legionnaire is not intended to be similar to a skirm where the round is spent throwing fast/accurately to deal damage.  It is meant to weaken enemies as they approach and to break shields.  This allows you to quickly dispatch the remaining enemies very easily.  Also, if legionnaire is "useless" and "has no place on real runs" or whatever.. why do I typically finish hard and rag runs as one of the top 4-5 players?  Either legionnaire is a wonderful and diverse class able to fill many roles effectively; or I'm just an amazing player on the worst hero class  Wink
Some men are regular commandos and are top 4-5Tongue, altough i understand that the legionnaires are good, and i dont really mind anyone going legionnaire, its all preference.
No leggies for me
If any hero class needs a buff, its the Zweihander!  ;D
(16-05-2014, 08:20 PM)Susanoo link Wrote:[quote author=Maroon link=topic=26462.msg178513#msg178513 date=1400150098]
It would seem my suggestion struck a few cords here and there. I'm sorry if it did so in a bad way.

If you don't have this class how can you say it's skills are not of use?  I will say it again:  people do not understand how to play as a legionnaire effectively.  You are not supposed to be standing behind the cades throwing. Legionnaires are still infantry.  8 shielding with a good shield (royal or above)  is still enough to shield on Rag (trust me I do it all the time).  Although you have the same 2h skill as a commando, the 8 power strike causes you to be a much more effective slasher.  Add on top of that the best 1h skill in game (also the highest melee proficiency of any inf hero) and access to some of the best 1h weapons.  Throwing as a legionnaire is not intended to be similar to a skirm where the round is spent throwing fast/accurately to deal damage.  It is meant to weaken enemies as they approach and to break shields.  This allows you to quickly dispatch the remaining enemies very easily.  Also, if legionnaire is "useless" and "has no place on real runs" or whatever.. why do I typically finish hard and rag runs as one of the top 4-5 players?  Either legionnaire is a wonderful and diverse class able to fill many roles effectively; or I'm just an amazing player on the worst hero class  Wink
[/quote]
I agree upon that statement. Tsuki, is pretty badass with his commando in runs. Never seen him in a Rag run yet tho.
That really wouldnt work well. Many people who have gone legionare really like the class, however the general consensious is that the throwing skill needs a little higher of a stat boost so that is useful.
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
Aside from the fact that this topic is 3 months old, it was never my suggestion to get rid of the Legionnaire, but to more or less combine the Zwei and the Legionnaire into one class.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(19-08-2014, 08:57 PM)Maroon link Wrote:Aside from the fact that this topic is 3 months old, it was never my suggestion to get rid of the Legionnaire, but to more or less combine the Zwei and the Legionnaire into one class.

I'm not certain that combining is the method of solving an issue. Nor am I convinced that it being rare is necessarily a sign that a class does not function properly. The three classes fit a choice that seems balanced between enhancing certain play styles. The Legionnaire much like the Halberdier and some others enables a style of play that is simply not available to the four class system of NI. They are the hybrids. The Legionnaire is not meant to be a sniper with his throwing gear but it is worth considering its proficiency. It is in every way the equal of a tier four commando and has stats that put it above that benchmark. Combining the play style with Zwei does not fit the gear either generally uses. One is a two handed maniac and the other the most flexible infantry unit in the game; designed to sword, board and throw.