Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

boycotting hardened metal
Well, all that I can say is the current supply of HM is pretty low, it's not plentiful like before, so in my opinion the price is justified. Low Supply=High Prices, Plentyiful Supply = Low Prices. Until the supply goes up The prices will not go down. Things change, all because it used to be cheap and easy to get doesn't mean it will stay like that.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

this might help >>> http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...484.0.html  Smile
(11-12-2014, 07:41 AM)Looter link Wrote:Well, all that I can say is the current supply of HM is pretty low, it's not plentiful like before, so in my opinion the price is justified. Low Supply=High Prices, Plentyiful Supply = Low Prices. Until the supply goes up The prices will not go down. Things change, all because it used to be cheap and easy to get doesn't mean it will stay like that.

Well no shit the price is high because the supply is low, yet the demand is high. The point is that it SHOULD be easier to get than it is now. It makes no sense that higher tier green drops like lumps are so much cheaper and easier to get now, yet HM, a very low tier mat used in a vast majority of crafting recipes, has skyrocketed in price. Everyone would benefit in having HM drop more than it does now, and I'd say the large majority of people in the community would be in favor of the devs adjusting drop rates to increase the HM supply.

(11-12-2014, 08:00 AM)Weiner link Wrote:this might help >>> http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...484.0.html  Smile

You're the new search function now, eh? XD
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
I agree that HM is at moment to expensive. You need it for almost everything, so 8k a piece is not okay. Remeber, once it was 3.5k.
04.10.15 Dragon Breath
22.05.17 Ullr's Bane

When i started playing it was at the same price and no one moaned about it iirc. Btw, i was kiting hard yesterday, doesnt feel like anything would have changed regarding droprates of hm.
(11-12-2014, 08:00 AM)Weiner link Wrote:this might help >>> http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...484.0.html  Smile
I am well aware of that topic but considering it is a different suggestion  than what i am proposing, it was not a reason to not post this.

His topic suggested developer action, mine suggests community action.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
Do all you people saying that the price is just fine as is not want newer players trying to get Short Heavy Barricades?  That is a major component that requires Hardened Metal, and one that just about every one should have at least one of it.

Gimli,  The drop rate of getting anything by going solo has been nurfed a lot by the patch.  One of the main things behind the patch was to get people playing in full runs more than alone.  Thus the Devs nurfed the drop rate of getting stuff when alone.  On Saturday I soloed for 3 hours just playing the first 4 waves of hard over and over again.  I got a total of 7 Hardened Metal from 3 Hours of soloing.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(11-12-2014, 02:19 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:Do all you people saying that the price is just fine as is not want newer players trying to get Short Heavy Barricades?  That is a major component that requires Hardened Metal, and one that just about every one should have at least one of it.
Well you are right in the point that you need 60 HM for it, but should we not forget that nearly all greens have dropped in their price rate and only HM and Shade Ore became pretty important DUE to the need if it in many projects. Like Tjav pointed out water used to be pretty expensive when I started, I even used to sell them for 120k. So sure newer people may not get a SHC that easy, but the gear they need where green materials are required dropped in their price rate, e.g. Bear Armor is only 150k nowadays.
Do the new prices have advantages and disadvantages for the new players, that are the same problems every new player had to deal with.

(11-12-2014, 02:19 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:Gimli,  The drop rate of getting anything by going solo has been nurfed a lot by the patch.  One of the main things behind the patch was to get people playing in full runs more than alone.  Thus the Devs nurfed the drop rate of getting stuff when alone.  On Saturday I soloed for 3 hours just playing the first 4 waves of hard over and over again.  I got a total of 7 Hardened Metal from 3 Hours of soloing.
This is a kind of luck how much stuff you get while kititng. Sure it was nerfed, but the chance is still pretty ok for kiting, just not so high as a reward as it used to be
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
(11-12-2014, 07:41 AM)Looter link Wrote:Well, all that I can say is the current supply of HM is pretty low, it's not plentiful like before, so in my opinion the price is justified. Low Supply=High Prices, Plentyiful Supply = Low Prices. Until the supply goes up The prices will not go down. Things change, all because it used to be cheap and easy to get doesn't mean it will stay like that.
Derp, but the point is that HM is a material needed for lower level recipes, and in higher quantities. You don't need 60 lump/sulphur/whatever for a SHC, but you need 60 HM.

(11-12-2014, 02:33 PM)Tarrod link Wrote:[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=36562.msg210659#msg210659 date=1418307576]
Gimli,  The drop rate of getting anything by going solo has been nurfed a lot by the patch.  One of the main things behind the patch was to get people playing in full runs more than alone.  Thus the Devs nurfed the drop rate of getting stuff when alone.  On Saturday I soloed for 3 hours just playing the first 4 waves of hard over and over again.  I got a total of 7 Hardened Metal from 3 Hours of soloing.
This is a kind of luck how much stuff you get while kititng. Sure it was nerfed, but the chance is still pretty ok for kiting, just not so high as a reward as it used to be
[/quote]
Quick preface: I didn't kite before the patch, and I don't kite now. The nerf was a bad and unnecessarily indirect way to discouraging kiting. For example, they could have just further decreased the strength of ranged weapons, the armor and absorption of ranged classes (if they are to be glass cannons), the speed and maneuverability of ranged classes, or any of the mix of the previous.

Beyond that, the complaint that solo players received all the rewards from their kills is and was always nonsensical. If any player does all the work and killing, they should have gotten all the rewards from their kills. But for some reason, this logic doesn't carry over to NI, and the borderline envy of the players that were able to handle bots on their own without other players somehow won out.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.06.13)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(11-12-2014, 04:47 PM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=Tarrod link=topic=36562.msg210661#msg210661 date=1418308406]
[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=36562.msg210659#msg210659 date=1418307576]
[/quote]
Quick preface: I didn't kite before the patch, and I don't kite now. The nerf was a bad and unnecessarily indirect way to discouraging kiting. For example, they could have just further decreased the strength of ranged weapons, the armor and absorption of ranged classes (if they are to be glass cannons), the speed and maneuverability of ranged classes, or any of the mix of the previous.

Beyond that, the complaint that solo players received all the rewards from their kills is and was always nonsensical. If any player does all the work and killing, they should have gotten all the rewards from their kills. But for some reason, this logic doesn't carry over to NI, and the borderline envy of the players that were able to handle bots on their own without other players somehow won out.
[/quote]
and thats it, nothing else to say
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted