Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Save NordInvasion!
there are plenty of solutions to the issues raised in this thread found in the feature request section. it's a shame most of the ideas found are shrugged off and the threads locked. gets a bit sickening when players take the time to brainstorm ideas and raise issues often writing pages on pages for one person to come along and say "NO" and lock the thread or my personal favourite the ostensible, "this thread has gone off topic= locked". The later only happening when the sore lack of feedback from developers causes others to then take the thread as a joke. It's obvious these threads are being read (or they wouldn't be getting locked with dull responses). personally I would like to see more interaction from the devs with the community other than a few words here and there in the shoutbox.

as it stands the Nordinvasion playerbase is like a cup with a hole at the bottom. no matter how much water comes in, it eventually leaks out. I also believe the water source is dwindling. perhaps if the devs looked at plugging the hole before pouring more water in we would have a solution to the problem.
Going Deep
I would love to be able to put an ETA on it right now but with recently frequent changes in work schedules, it would end up being just a random guess with nothing to back it.  As more progress is made, we might be able to give an estimate.

At peril of taking this thread off topic and forcing me to lock it to satisfy certain expectations...  Wink

Madjosh, have you an particular threads in mind?  Most threads that are locked have either turned into an argument which is not getting anywhere or are suggestions that will not be happening.  For example, I locked the thread about cheers because it does so little to enhance the game when there are other more pressing features that need to be implemented.  Rather than leaving the thread open when there is no chance of this being implemented any time soon, it seems to me that people should be able to focus on developing another idea.  This is my thought process when closing threads.

From my perspective, all games suffer from the cracked cup problem.  For mods, it can be a particularly difficult problem.  As the parent games age, fewer people are interested in buying it which in turn gives mod developers a smaller audience of potential players.  To put it bluntly, this fate will come eventually (hopefully a long time from now) no matter what we do.  Meanwhile, we continue to update this mod and improve it as we can.  To imply that we don't care irks me.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(29-04-2015, 11:48 PM)Unknown_Soldier link Wrote: All good points. Just try being a redshirt on a empty normal server and see if you even beat followers. Most cant even get past wave 2, let alone 4. (...)
Ah, of course on low levels one cannot stand ground alone. It shouldn't be taken as frustrating though. NI is a cooperative mod so one can level up really well playing in full servers and contributing as much as possible. Actually I will hold my opinion expressed before: I do not find levelling char up difficult or too long. What is just really needed is the vetereans to join runs on normal to increase the redshirts' chances.
(30-04-2015, 01:43 AM)Kip link Wrote: Regarding the difficulty and frustration of leveling a new character (especially for the first time), this is the primary focus of our next big update.(...)
Aha!  Big Grin
(30-04-2015, 02:05 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: there are plenty of solutions to the issues raised in this thread found in the feature request section. it's a shame most of the ideas found are shrugged off and the threads locked.(...)
True, I'm really sorry to say Madjosh just hit the point. There's been threads locked the way I'd call authocratic, reminding me the times I was a kid (before communism fell). And that not for going off-topic= if it clearly goes off-topic it makes no sense to continue, that's ok.
(30-04-2015, 02:57 AM)Kip link Wrote: (...) Madjosh, have you an particular threads in mind? (...)
I do feel you'd like to help on this, Kip and I appreciate. But what happened is past now, instead of getting it any further let's just put it away and look forward to see what's coming.
(30-04-2015, 02:57 AM)Kip link Wrote: (...) From my perspective, all games suffer from the cracked cup problem.  For mods, it can be a particularly difficult problem.  As the parent games age, fewer people are interested in buying it which in turn gives mod developers a smaller audience of potential players.  To put it bluntly, this fate will come eventually (hopefully a long time from now) no matter what we do.(...)
They all do, absolutely. Let's just keep the community up and have fun for now, I believe we can expect player base to develop after Bannerlord is released.
(30-04-2015, 02:57 AM)Kip link Wrote: (...) Meanwhile, we continue to update this mod and improve it as we can.  To imply that we don't care irks me.
Smile I think we can see such suggestions because of no feedback or (as abovementioned) "No"-style feedback to some subjects disquieting the community while sometimes hot or intemperate discussion signals players' deep concern and commitment that may need some moderation sometimes, still can be led into avail. So I will say again: thanks Kip for stepping in the way you do, we needed that.
(30-04-2015, 05:05 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Actually I will hold my opinion expressed before: I do not find levelling char up difficult or too long. What is just really needed is the vetereans to join runs on normal to increase the redshirts' chances.
Saying a task is easy, and then qualifying it with restrictions that are not necessarily a given means it is inherently not easy...
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.09.03)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(30-04-2015, 02:05 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: personally I would like to see more interaction from the devs with the community other than a few words here and there in the shoutbox.
I believe a wise man who fills this role of community manager has been suggested before
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...480.0.html
Cookie Monstah
My life inspiration

Quote:"It's not necessarily rip offs as all the people I traded were known players who have used the forum to sell items before." - #1 GOD
(30-04-2015, 04:38 PM)Mr_Moustashio link Wrote: [quote author=Madjosh link=topic=42796.msg229308#msg229308 date=1430359557]
personally I would like to see more interaction from the devs with the community other than a few words here and there in the shoutbox.
I believe a wise man who fills this role of community manager has been suggested before
[/quote]

Whoah, Are you trying to start it again ? Is this because you got rejected from admin recruitment ? I say this now, stop it, you are not gaining anything good in that path.

in response to kip's post, there were no implications on not caring present nor was i intending to irk you. i know full well that the development team spends hours of their own time developing the mod. my cup analogy was merely a suggestion to focus on player retention before the recruitment of new players. 

in regards to the certain threads inquiry, i would suggest a re-examination of the kitting thread where the hundreds of player's took the time to write their thoughts and suggestions on the topic even going to the lengths of creating new threads for some solid interaction from a developer capable of answering set inquiries. off the top of my head there was the unofficial response made by winter. and after a short burst of responses from the playerbase a silence from the dev team leading people into "off topic semantics". would it not have been more constructive to move the semantics to its own thread/have them cleaned up rather than locking the thread and closing any further debate.

original kiting thread
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...687.0.html

offshoot thread
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...44.15.html

Going Deep
I can reopen it. I closed it because it went way too offtopic= twice. Even after my warnings.
Reason why I haven't posted any "official" respond to there is that I want to see what players think about maps without me closing them down, so they aren't afraid of posting and they can freely write their minds out.
Come to think of it I think it would be a better response from the dev team regarding feature requests if they did respond to it, however not lock the thread immediately after and view responses to their post. I suppose that would put more interaction between dev and community. Of course if you are adamant about your decisions then yeah lock the thread.

(30-04-2015, 01:43 AM)Kip link Wrote: Regarding the difficulty and frustration of leveling a new character (especially for the first time), this is the primary focus of our next big update.  There is still a lot of work to do but we have a few changes planned which should improve this aspect of the game greatly.

Glad to hear
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(30-04-2015, 06:03 PM)Hande link Wrote: [quote author=Mr_Moustashio link=topic=42796.msg229348#msg229348 date=1430411892]
[quote author=Madjosh link=topic=42796.msg229308#msg229308 date=1430359557]
personally I would like to see more interaction from the devs with the community other than a few words here and there in the shoutbox.
[/quote]

Whoah, Are you trying to start it again ? Is this because you got rejected from admin recruitment ? I say this now, stop it, you are not gaining anything good in that path.
[/quote]
I've been making these kinds of posts where I either mock someone or bring up some comedic gold from the past just so everyone can enjoy a chuckle or even a laugh, guess this one just hit a sensitive spot :/ Also regarding the admin recruitment I was a bit salty as first then looking back on it I realised that I had no chance from the get go since you either have to be friends with the senior admin/person choosing or be the most reserved person out there who doesn't speak up about stuff on the forums, anyways look at how the current au community at the hands of our current admins.

Now regarding the original thread topic if you want to save NI you need to give the community what they want, since warband and NI are both slowly dying games you really can't afford to turn so many players off this mod by a few nerfs (mostly kiting) since I can guarantee that there are a hell of a lot more people who are against these nerfs than there are for it.

P.S. I don't expect to gain anything good from the 'path' i'm taking (which seems to have only started over the past couple of months hmmm? righto mate), the only thing i'm doing is pointing out issues as bluntly as I can.

Cookie Monstah
My life inspiration

Quote:"It's not necessarily rip offs as all the people I traded were known players who have used the forum to sell items before." - #1 GOD