Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Direction of the Mod
(12-06-2012, 10:12 AM)Swadius link Wrote: If the mod is moving towards more teamwork a la shield walling, maybe there could be some admittance of some specialized weapons for this sort of formation fighting like really long pikes for example.

This is Exactly what I do not wanna see the mod head towards, Shield walling is boring and repetitive. Sure its teamwork but if thats all we can accomplish as a team then whats the point, we hide behind shields till they break through sounds like fun to me....
(13-06-2012, 09:21 PM)minippl link Wrote: This is Exactly what I do not wanna see the mod head towards,

Whether you want to see it or not, the devs have quite explicitly stated this is where they are going.

Quote:Shield walling is boring and repetitive. Sure its teamwork but if thats all we can accomplish as a team then whats the point, we hide behind shields till they break through sounds like fun to me....

Well, if it's not your cup of tea...

Playing a multiplayer game where your team mates are running around and kiting things seems just like native to me :-\.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Your right it is not my cup of tea, my tea would have more sugar  ;D

but anyway, I haven't played this mod in months, basically since they removed the private servers. Played a tiny bit the other day but not for more than 30 mins

I don't want to be a demi god, I don't want to be a Headshot hero either, I want to play a mod Less focused on shield-walling newbie tactics While you seek safety of the shield wall formation, you also run right into the problem of being trapped in one corner of the map outnumbered and out done, It will only be a matter of time before one of your wall members falls dead then they break through and kill every last one of you-  Shield walling tactic Works for awhile but is easily overcome which has been proven thousands of times before

It is a bad plan that cannot be altered.- Publilius Syrus

Time to try something new.

Such as Picking select points on any map and using these as a place to hold till a certain wave then fall back to a different place More defensible than before is what you want likely you will have less people alive and continue doing this, War of Attrition style game play, If done right My guess is you would get farther than your shield wall tactic  :Smile

I am not saying that is the best tactic I am just pointing out that Shield walling Can't be the best simply because of its design behind it.

(14-06-2012, 02:26 AM)minippl link Wrote: Your right it is not my cup of tea, my tea would have more sugar  ;D

but anyway, I haven't played this mod in months, basically since they removed the private servers. Played a tiny bit the other day but not for more than 30 mins

I don't want to be a demi god, I don't want to be a Headshot hero either, I want to play a mod Less focused on shield-walling newbie tactics While you seek safety of the shield wall formation, you also run right into the problem of being trapped in one corner of the map outnumbered and out done, It will only be a matter of time before one of your wall members falls dead then they break through and kill every last one of you-  Shield walling tactic Works for awhile but is easily overcome which has been proven thousands of times before

It is a bad plan that cannot be altered.- Publilius Syrus

Time to try something new.

Such as Picking select points on any map and using these as a place to hold till a certain wave then fall back to a different place More defensible than before is what you want likely you will have less people alive and continue doing this, War of Attrition style game play, If done right My guess is you would get farther than your shield wall tactic  :Smile

I am not saying that is the best tactic I am just pointing out that Shield walling Can't be the best simply because of its design behind it.

I somewhat agree, but not fully. I do agree that there should be other ways of getting to higher waves then to just shield wall however I'm against taking away the teamwork part. Teamwork should be required in this game especially since it's against A.I. One thing I hate is when I see people rambo especially higher levels and don't work with the team and usually end up dying.

The shield wall doesn't really get repetitive to me, this game is more or less about progression then anything else. Put on some music and play!

Side note - why do you randomly capitalize letters in the middle of your sentences?
Dear minippl, YOUR FONT AND COLOR IS ANNOYING, IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE! I don't really care what the devs do.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
d: ɹǝɥʇǝboʇ ןןǝʍ ob ʇ,uop sɔıןɐʇı puɐ ǝןdɹnd 'uɐǝɯ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ǝǝs ı
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(14-06-2012, 07:54 AM)Senni link Wrote: d: ɹǝɥʇǝboʇ ןןǝʍ ob ʇ,uop sɔıןɐʇı puɐ ǝןdɹnd 'uɐǝɯ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ǝǝs ı

\I see what you mean, purple and italics don't go well together.\

Agreed.
None of it was in italics.  :-\ I even went back into my post and checked to see if I used italics there is no [ i ] anywhere besides the quote, but I mean if you want me to use Italics I guess I can.

I randomly capitalize often because I am normally playing a game or something so when I return to writing I by habit capitalize the first letter I return to, sorry or maybe I forgot to put a period before the capitalize letter in question.

I never once said remove teamwork, I simply want something different other than shield-walling being done. There are far better ways of getting higher in waves than trapping you're selves in a corner.

Jarod I love you too  :-[

Why you all hate purple  :'(
Purple is fine, just make your words bigger and those people with poor eyesight can see it better.
Start the game already!
Purple is an expression! Don't censor him!