Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Wall Barricades and glitching
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
the current rules are fine, and i was aware of them
66.67%
12 66.67%
the rules are silly and admins need to grow a pair
27.78%
5 27.78%
i actually didnt know i was glitching, ill it now
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wall Cade Glitching
http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...:glitching 

first few sentences tells you not to abuse the nords lack of intelligence, im not gonna mention any names or point out any clans but im gonna say this, using a wallcade to confuse the nords targeting AI is against the rules, the nords are too damn silly to understand that they need to destroy the wall and then you. i dont know if ppl dont think farther than they do but you are forcing the dev's hands, to either destroy the maps in horrible ways, or to remove the wall barricades in general, you guys need to think beyond an admin being iffy, look at the rules and think of the concequenses it has had in the past. 

if you wanna give ur thoughts aswell be my guest, but keep the thread free from useless shite and toxic comments about admins needing to get a diaper change or other silly remarks

have a nice day from Tjav
(08-09-2016, 08:28 PM)Tjav Wrote: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...:glitching 

first few sentences tells you not to abuse the nords lack of intelligence, im not gonna mention any names or point out any clans but im gonna say this, using a wallcade to confuse the nords targeting AI is against the rules, the nords are too damn silly to understand that they need to destroy the wall and then you. i dont know if ppl dont think farther than they do but you are forcing the dev's hands, to either destroy the maps in horrible ways, or to remove the wall barricades in general, you guys need to think beyond an admin being iffy, look at the rules and think of the concequenses it has had in the past. 

if you wanna give ur thoughts aswell be my guest, but keep the thread free from useless shite and toxic comments about admins needing to get a diaper change or other silly remarks

have a nice day from Tjav

Here are some more specific guidelines for determining what is a glitch:
  • A place where nords cannot access.
  • A position where bots cannot reach you in melee.
  • A place where only bots with very long weapons can reach you (like pikemen).
  • A place where bots get stuck deliberately and cannot escape.
  • Blocking bots with objects that they will not destroy. 
  • Standing on barricades and platforms which are stacked or built on a wall or other prop.
  • Toming yourself in.
So for everyone who dont gets what hes saying....

Every time u place a cade and ur NOT standing directly behind it ur glitching (since not all bots are going to target the wall and u instead) !!!

my overall opinion about that, and i hope i,m not to insulting .... complete bullshit

as i marked in the rules--> they will target the wall and destroy it... not all of them but the most so no glitching. (normaly the once in the first lines will target the wall mostly and the once in the second line will target you)

"remove the wall barricades in general,"

pls add all the other placeable objekts aswell then,since this mechanic is working for all of them.. even the damm Barrel ^^

"destroy the maps in horrible ways"
noone is forcing the developers to do that, but it seems like all maps who people like to play since they are actully able to succed them get changed... maybe try to change the way maps get developed.. and make all maps playable and not destroy the once witch are. So there are none left....

voted for the current rules are fine, and i was aware of them

Statement, if u rly trying to force a rule change (cause of ur ego it seems<--- i,m sure u know what we (the 16 players on both runs) mean) witch was used like that for years just cause you for once dont understand others are right... then i,m rly sorry (<-- was not ment to be offensive just my opinion)

regards....
I'm not sure what's happening, can Tjav explain clearly what the specific issue is?
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Basically, the spot on Fortress Under Siege where you use Wall Barricades in a place on the stairs that will either:
A. Make the nords not hit the cades, confusing them to the point where they either stand there and not attack the cade.
B. Makes the bots AI weird in a way that they are having trouble tracking the player because of the placement of the wall.
C. Basically anything that in any way abuses the bots AI is just not acceptable, it makes the game boring.

These 3 points and many more do count as abusing the bots AI which again is just not acceptable. It's something we can't fix since it's how Warband works but we can at least not abuse it, people who do abuse it will most likely be punished.

I'm tired but I'm trying to get my point across as much as I can on. In simple words just don't do stupid shit and obey the rules, if you want to argue something feel free to message a developer or put a post up on the forums.
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
(08-09-2016, 08:58 PM)XXX Wrote: Statement, if u rly trying to force a rule change (cause of ur ego it seems<--- i,m sure u know what we (the 16 players on both runs) mean) witch was used like that for years just cause you for once dont understand others are right... then i,m rly sorry(<-- was not ment to be offensive just my opinion)

regards....

I think he is less trying to force a rule change and is more asking for a clarification so that people like you will be able to understand the rules. His understanding of the rules is fine, that is why he is an admin.
Funny I have been Red texted once from putting a wall down (hi Tjav) but in other games the adims them self's will place cades like that down. So I would like a clear line made before it stars somthing. 

All adims should follow and in enforce the rules but till it very clear whats ok and not this is not working.

Some maps you can place cades down that would be fine in others yet the bots get bugged so you blame the cade placer/team or the map maker?

There is a problem here sure got no idea how you would fix it unless the rules were very tight / loose not in between like it is now.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Both. The issue is like Tjav said, AI. Not something we can improve on.

There are area's on maps where placing a wall cade and otherwise just playing normally makes the nords glitch out. It falls under the same thing as leaving unbuilt cades used to. Something that is both people's fault and needs to not happen until such a tine as it is fixed. As this is something that can be fixed only by removing the glitch areas or removing the cades, It means it needs to not happen till such a time as the map get changed.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

If you get pulled over for going 10 miles over the speed limit do you complain to the police officer because other officers have never given you a ticket for the same offense?

I think if an admin tells you that a strategy is abuse, it should be easy enough to do as they ask. It isn't like someone is joining a server and insta-banning you... In fact, there is no negative penalty going on here other than the possibility of hurting your pride, if you are so inclined. He's just saying to stop doing something that he thinks is abuse. Arguing the point after that is where one can get into trouble.

I agree with Woody. A clear line would be a nice thing to have at some point. It was my understanding that this particular spot was going to be fixed so there wasn't a point to making an official ruling to it yet, but it has been some time since then.
It is very difficult to tell the difference between someone who puts the cades in order to confuse AI and someone who cades the same spot without any intention of doing so, just because it looks like a good spot to defend. Removing wall cades from the game is a really bad idea, therefore it looks to me the best solution would be slightly rework the map / maps where placing cades in a reasonable spot can lead to the abovementioned effect.
(09-09-2016, 08:14 AM)Bobo Wrote: It is very difficult to tell the difference between someone who puts the cades in order to confuse AI and someone who cades the same spot without any intention of doing so, just because it looks like a good spot to defend. Removing wall cades from the game is a really bad idea, therefore it looks to me the best solution would be slightly rework the map / maps where placing cades in a reasonable spot can lead to the abovementioned effect.
Have fun reworking all 41 maps, with only vague wording to use as a guide. I don't believe it's feasible to fix this issue in this manner, because where would you even start?
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]