Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Crisis?
Massive greed, specifically Tongue
I know it's 'human nature' (AKA greed, like Kwal said), but I think in this game it's pointless.
But, I recon you can't really change the bastards trying to rack up easy money, which I think is a shame.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Guys it has nothing to do with human greed, that's just a factor.
The thing is, we have a system here (that has existed for quite some time) where there is a higher amount of gold being pumped into the system (drops and quest-rewards) than there is gold being sucked out (from marketplace-buys/respecs/renaming).
That means, the longer NI exists, the less amount of value does 1gold have on the AH. Simply because people have more and more money, if you look at the large perspective, taking out the average of every player's wealth.

I remember when Metal cost 50gold :p
(25-06-2012, 04:59 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: Guys it has nothing to do with human greed, that's just a factor.

So human greed has something to do with this, right Tongue?

Quote:The thing is, we have a system here (that has existed for quite some time) where there is a higher amount of gold being pumped into the system (drops and quest-rewards) than there is gold being sucked out (from marketplace-buys/respecs/renaming).
That means, the longer NI exists, the less amount of value does 1gold have on the AH. Simply because people have more and more money, if you look at the large perspective, taking out the average of every player's wealth.

Why yes, this is called inflation. Worst of all, the "wages" or drops, just aren't keeping up with the rate that money drop is being made. Prices, I think, will increase over time.

This could be controlled via a powerful central controlling body like a bank, this would however require a buttload of starting capital.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

New people will FEAR this system.  :Smile
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
(25-06-2012, 07:43 PM)Swadius link Wrote: [quote author=Tarimoth link=topic=3918.msg31973#msg31973 date=1340643598]
Guys it has nothing to do with human greed, that's just a factor.

So human greed has something to do with this, right Tongue?

Quote:The thing is, we have a system here (that has existed for quite some time) where there is a higher amount of gold being pumped into the system (drops and quest-rewards) than there is gold being sucked out (from marketplace-buys/respecs/renaming).

Why yes, this is called inflation. Worst of all, the "wages" or drops, just aren't keeping up with the rate that money drop is being made. Prices, I think, will increase over time.

This could be controlled via a powerful central controlling body like a bank, this would however require a buttload of starting capital.
[/quote]

You could indeed call it inflation, it's just important to understand that it happens constantly, and has been happening since the birth of NI. It is not a sudden drop in the value of money (as the word "inflation" typically describes)

Yeah. Newcommers to this system are fuck't, completely.
Selling dirty boots 132M each !!
Saw a trading thread today where the person asked 500 per old boot and 700 per bent sword.

:-\ <- MFW
New players should be fine since marketplace items have a fixed price and they get loot with inflated value from assists.
Obviously it's not asking prices that really matter but what people are paying. I also understand the logic of what the admins and devs are saying re your loot being "worth" more so it evens out. It's certainly interesting from an "economics model" point of view and I guess a closed system. I can also see it's a bit intimidating from a new player perspective, I've certainly raised my crafting prices on bigger ticket items.

I still sell basic kit when I have it below marketplace prices and I'd suggest other "longer time" players consider this. It's in all our interest to have new players come and keep playing and it's no fun out there with a loin cloth and a pointy stick when that wave of Nords hits.