Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

selling ni stuff for real money
(23-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Looter Wrote: Taleworlds EULA For M&B Warband, Well, Published by Paradox. I own a physical copy of M&B Warband so I went in the cd and pulled the file up.

Will Finish Post Soon, If you wish to confirm this is the EULA for Mount and Blade: Warband, it is possible to email Talesworld for your own copy of the EULA to look at if you cannot find it elsewhere.

Excerpts of Note:

"All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement." (2.Ownership)

"  C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
   (iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution, without the express written consent of Paradox Interactive AB; " (3.Responsibility of the End User)

And there is much else to read, excerpts alone do not make up the entire eula.

None of that is what is now allowed in NI. Again, people aren't selling the game files ("patches, updates or other downloadable material"). Nor is this the same as using the "Editor" and "New Materials" (which you don't include the section of the agreement defining these proper nouns) for commercial purposes. Were any of the contributed game materials sold? No.

Just compare those excerpts you gave to what I gave. It's nothing alike because it's covering entirely different situations.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I do not even care about this like kip and others have said no way to stop it but i would of done it diferntly.

The difference between donation and buying some ones gear mmm idk what one i would do... most will buy gear now if new. Fixed prices is what this game needs as dealing with real cash now. Also seems irresponsible to let people do that but not help them (1m could be $1-50+). You have open the door to buying and selling but only by aliitle should be all the way or not at all.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
What The first excerpt says is that anything going into the game, warband, belongs to Taleworlds/Paradox. I selected that to show that in short they are the owners and establish that all rights belong to them, that including commercial rights. There is no section of the agreement defining these proper nouns as you call them, you can find out what they are yourself, but anyway I believe I used this section incorrectly. The one I should have used was the section right above

" (ii) exploit the Program or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, use at a cyber café, computer gaming center or any other location-based site (Paradox Interactive AB may offer a separate Site License Agreement to permit you to make the Program available for commercial use; contact Paradox Interactive AB for details);"

While Selling or trading Items or gold isn't a cyber cafe, it is included in exploitation of the program or any of its parts for commercial use when you consider that it was established that mods, which are updates or downloadable material attached to Native Warband, are "are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.". This means that the sale and profiting of items within Nord invasion are Paradox's or Taleworlds rights, as the program is Mount and Blade Warband, the part Nord Invasion's items in whatever forms they take as long as they appear in game. For one, Gold, the currency used is essentially code originally used in native multiplayer and has been modified by Nord Invasion, cannot be sold as it falls under 2.Ownership. in the eula

---
Reality though, Taleworlds is unlikely to stop this, as it is too small scale for them to notice, or even care really. Only if NI decides to do what woody said and the devs start selling gold themselves would issues arise. So realistically, nothing will happen to those who trade. In practice up to NI what rules they enforce in regards to players trading between themselves.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(23-01-2017, 01:23 AM)Looter Wrote: What The first excerpt says is that anything going into the game, warband, belongs to Taleworlds/Paradox. I selected that to show that in short they are the owners and establish that all rights belong to them, that including commercial rights. There is no section of the agreement defining these proper nouns as you call them, you can find out what they are yourself, but anyway I believe I used this section incorrectly. The one I should have used was the section right above

" (ii) exploit the Program or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, use at a cyber café, computer gaming center or any other location-based site (Paradox Interactive AB may offer a separate Site License Agreement to permit you to make the Program available for commercial use; contact Paradox Interactive AB for details);"

While Selling or trading Items or gold isn't a cyber cafe, it is included in exploitation of the program or any of its parts for commercial use when you consider that it was established that mods, which are updates or downloadable material attached to Native Warband, are  "are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.". This means that the sale and profiting of items within Nord invasion are Paradox's or Taleworlds rights, as the program is Mount and Blade Warband, the part Nord Invasion's items in whatever forms they take as long as they appear in game. For one, Gold, the currency used is essentially code originally used in native multiplayer and has been modified by Nord Invasion, cannot be sold as it falls under 2.Ownership. in the eula

Making the reasonable conclusion that "the Program" is analogous to "Software Product" from the NW EULA:

None of that is applicable, and the buyer isn't receiving any part part of "the Program" or "the Software Product." If or when they do, they'd be breaking these agreements. There is a huge difference between distributing a piece of the game and distributing access to a part of the game. Again, just compare the language of this:

Quote:"All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement." (2.Ownership)

"  C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
   (iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution, without the express written consent of Paradox Interactive AB; " (3.Responsibility of the End User)

to these:

Quote:You may not sell, loan, lend, lease, barter, exchange, pledge, or hypothecate your online currency or Broadsword User account for any item of value unless expressly permitted by Broadsword.

or

Quote:1. DEFINITIONS

(f) Game - collectively, any software provided by NCSOFT, including but not limited to software installed on a computer owned by You or someone else, along with any subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches to such software.

(e) Content - Any material related to the Game that is neither Game software nor Service, including but not limited to any Item, Team, Message Board and/or NCoin.

(h) Item - Digital material related to the Game, including but not limited to any in-Game currency, articles or resources.

5. CONDUCT

(f) Additional License Restrictions - You acknowledge You will not, directly or indirectly:

(iv) sell, sub-license, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, borrow, lend, loan, network or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Game, or parts thereof, including but not limited to any serial code number, access key or the like. However, this Section shall not prevent You from selling the original tangible storage medium on which the Game is contained.

There is a huge difference between what is detailed in the EULA you gave and that of above which specifically stating items instead of materials that make up game files. And are you seriously trying to pass off gold as game code? You're either misinterpreting it, or deliberately trying to attach meaning that isn't there. Either way, abandon any ambitions in contract law.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(23-01-2017, 01:55 AM)Malong Wrote:
(23-01-2017, 01:23 AM)Looter Wrote: What The first excerpt says is that anything going into the game, warband, belongs to Taleworlds/Paradox. I selected that to show that in short they are the owners and establish that all rights belong to them, that including commercial rights. There is no section of the agreement defining these proper nouns as you call them, you can find out what they are yourself, but anyway I believe I used this section incorrectly. The one I should have used was the section right above

While Selling or trading Items or gold isn't a cyber cafe, it is included in exploitation of the program or any of its parts for commercial use when you consider that it was established that mods, which are updates or downloadable material attached to Native Warband, are  "are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.". This means that the sale and profiting of items within Nord invasion are Paradox's or Taleworlds rights, as the program is Mount and Blade Warband, the part Nord Invasion's items in whatever forms they take as long as they appear in game. For one, Gold, the currency used is essentially code originally used in native multiplayer and has been modified by Nord Invasion, cannot be sold as it falls under 2.Ownership. in the eula

Making the reasonable conclusion that "the Program" is analogous to "Software Product" from the NW EULA:

None of that is applicable, and the buyer isn't receiving any part part of "the Program" or "the Software Product." If or when they do, they'd be breaking these agreements. There is a huge difference between distributing a piece of the game and distributing access to a part of the game. Again, just compare the language of this:

Quote:"All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement." (2.Ownership)

to these:

Quote:You may not sell, loan, lend, lease, barter, exchange, pledge, or hypothecate your online currency or Broadsword User account for any item of value unless expressly permitted by Broadsword.

or

Quote:1. DEFINITIONS

(f) Game - collectively, any software provided by NCSOFT, including but not limited to software installed on a computer owned by You or someone else, along with any subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches to such software.

(e) Content - Any material related to the Game that is neither Game software nor Service, including but not limited to any Item, Team, Message Board and/or NCoin.

(h) Item - Digital material related to the Game, including but not limited to any in-Game currency, articles or resources.

5. CONDUCT

(f) Additional License Restrictions - You acknowledge You will not, directly or indirectly:

(iv) sell, sub-license, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, borrow, lend, loan, network or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Game, or parts thereof, including but not limited to any serial code number, access key or the like. However, this Section shall not prevent You from selling the original tangible storage medium on which the Game is contained.

There is a huge difference between what is detailed in the EULA you gave and that of above which specifically stating items instead of materials that make up game files. And are you seriously trying to pass off gold as game code? You're either misinterpreting it, or deliberately trying to attach meaning that isn't there. Either way, abandon any ambitions in contract law.

It's pretty much because maybe Talewolrds didn't expect that kind of situation I guess. If you want to be sure of their point of view, I guess it would be better to make contact with them and see their position. 

"2. Ownership. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, and "applets" incorporated into the Program) are owned by Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors."

The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions, and other laws. All rights are reserved. The Program contains certain licensed materials, and Paradox Interactive AB's licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. The Program may access websites owned, controlled by, or operated by licensed affiliates of Paradox Interactive AB and receive patches and/or updates to the Program from these websites. All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

-> Which includes also modder's models, which is why they are listed here: https://nordinvasion.com/about.php 

C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:  (iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution, without the express written consent of Paradox Interactive AB;

-> You are not selling the file, but the model which is virtually accessible. We are third parties as end users, aswell as the creators of the new materials. So even if someone would sell a virtual currency or "trick it" into virtual currency value to commercialize is it would be seen as a retail sale. Which once again needs the approval of Paradox AB & the creators of the models.

It is not prohibiting it directly, because the case wasn't maybe supposed to occur, and as you can read, it is said that these cases are to have consent of Paradox Interactive AB & the licensors. Pretty sure they would just update the EULA if they would be asked about it Wink.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
"None of that is applicable, and the buyer isn't receiving any part part of "the Program" or "the Software Product." If or when they do, they'd be breaking these agreements. There is a huge difference between distributing a piece of the game and distributing access to a part of the game. "

I do not see this as a great argument, as access to a part of the game, arguably it is equal to distributing access to the whole game itself which is done for example in the below,

The end purpose is still profiting commercially whether it be your access to the part as you say, or access to the whole.
The language differs likely as there is no universal currency for Warband to need to protect or watch over, as far as Taleworlds is concerned its only a way to buy items within the game in multiplayer. In the original Warband, gold was not transferable between players, with Nord invasion currency can be transferred however.

You are quoting specific information for a game other than Warband that is not related as each game's eula will cover things differently according to their needs. As said in my past post though, I concede that Taleworlds is unlikely to do anything about this unless its NI mod developers themselves who are selling the gold/items. Between players, they won't pursue it as the game Broadsword you quoted might, as they will be more interested in regulating the currency as it was made to be transferred between people unlike gold in Warband which was probably never conceived by Taleworlds to be transferrable.

(23-01-2017, 02:08 AM)LordChaos Wrote: It's pretty much because maybe Talewolrds didn't expect that kind of situation I guess. If you want to be sure of their point of view, I guess it would be better to make contact with them and see their position. 

Even if this would be an unintended consequence that they meant to address or would currently want to address now, they currently haven't. This would hardly be the first time people potentially took advantage of loopholes. And even if they did, it's not against their agreement.

(23-01-2017, 02:08 AM)LordChaos Wrote:  "2. Ownership. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, and "applets" incorporated into the Program) are owned by Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors."

The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and conventions, and other laws. All rights are reserved. The Program contains certain licensed materials, and Paradox Interactive AB's licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement. The Program may access websites owned, controlled by, or operated by licensed affiliates of Paradox Interactive AB and receive patches and/or updates to the Program from these websites. All patches, updates or other downloadable material used by, or incorporated into, the Program are the copyrighted property of Paradox Interactive AB or its licensors who reserve all rights therein, and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

-> Which includes also modder's models, which is why they are listed here: https://nordinvasion.com/about.php 

C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:  (iii) use or allow third parties to use the Editor and the New Materials created thereby for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, distribution of New Materials on a stand-alone basis or packaged with other software or hardware through any and all distribution channels, including, but not limited to, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution, without the express written consent of Paradox Interactive AB;

-> You are not selling the file, but the model which is virtually accessible. We are third parties as end users, aswell as the creators of the new materials. So even if someone would sell a virtual currency or "trick it" into virtual currency value to commercialize is it would be seen as a retail sale. Which once again needs the approval of Paradox AB & the creators of the models.

It is not prohibiting it directly, because the case wasn't maybe supposed to occur, and as you can read, it is said that these cases are to have consent of Paradox Interactive AB & the licensors. Pretty sure they would just update the EULA if they would be asked about it Wink.

The seller isn't selling the model either, just access to the items for their game accounts. This is not equivalent to selling any piece of the actual software. As for the C clause:

(23-01-2017, 01:11 AM)Malong Wrote: None of that is what is now allowed in NI. Again, people aren't selling the game files ("patches, updates or other downloadable material"). Nor is this the same as using the "Editor" and "New Materials" (which you don't include the section of the agreement defining these proper nouns) for commercial purposes. Were any of the contributed game materials sold? No.

(23-01-2017, 02:21 AM)Looter Wrote: "None of that is applicable, and the buyer isn't receiving any part part of "the Program" or "the Software Product." If or when they do, they'd be breaking these agreements. There is a huge difference between distributing a piece of the game and distributing access to a part of the game. "

I do not see this as a great argument, as access to a part of the game, arguably it is equal to distributing access to the whole game itself which is done for example in the below,

The end purpose is still profiting commercially whether it be your access to the part as you say, or access to the whole.
The language differs likely as there is no universal currency for Warband to need to protect or watch over, as far as Taleworlds is concerned its only a way to buy items within the game in multiplayer. In the original Warband, gold was not transferable between players, with Nord invasion currency can be transferred however.

You are quoting specific information for a game other than Warband that is not related as each game's eula will cover things differently according to their needs. As said in my past post though, I concede that Taleworlds is unlikely to do anything about this unless its NI mod developers themselves who are selling the gold/items. Between players, they won't pursue it as the game Broadsword you quoted might, as they will be more interested in regulating the currency as it was made to be transferred between people unlike gold in Warband which was probably never conceived by Taleworlds to be transferrable.

Which I guess is the reason why it is even pointless to ask for their authorization or anything. Even if they would forbid it, they would have to access so much private data they can't have access to. Worst case scenario would be getting your License revoked. Just buy another one if you can eventually get caught, then rinse & repeat. 

They can't enforce NI staff to watch over it & they most likely have no authority over it as it is not them selling it. 

So yeah.. pretty much useless.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(23-01-2017, 02:21 AM)Looter Wrote: "None of that is applicable, and the buyer isn't receiving any part part of "the Program" or "the Software Product." If or when they do, they'd be breaking these agreements. There is a huge difference between distributing a piece of the game and distributing access to a part of the game. "

It's not a "great argument" because Taleworlds had an oversight? Regardless of intention, the language of the agreement only covers "the Program" or "the Software Product." And the language doesn't differ, for Taleworlds, it's simply not present whatsoever to cover any instances of items in the actual game. By the way, those EULAs I quoted to you are from games older than Warband, so the templates and precedent are there.

Quote:You are quoting specific information for a game other than Warband that is not related as each game's eula will cover things differently according to their needs. As said in my past post though, I concede that Taleworlds is unlikely to do anything about this unless its NI mod developers themselves who are selling the gold/items. Between players, they won't pursue it as the game Broadsword you quoted might, as they will be more interested in regulating the currency as it was made to be transferred between people unlike gold in Warband which was probably never conceived by Taleworlds to be transferrable.

Of course it's clauses from other games' EULAs. It's to show that Warband doesn't have the same clause that covers anything outside of the software, and shows that access to instances of items aren't covered. The omission of these clauses is what allows this to occur.

At the end of the day, they simply did not cover this case, so it's allowed.

(23-01-2017, 02:25 AM)LordChaos Wrote:

Which I guess is the reason why it is even pointless to ask for their authorization or anything. Even if they would forbid it, they would have to access so much private data they can't have access to. Worst case scenario would be getting your License revoked. Just buy another one if you can eventually get caught, then rinse & repeat. 

They can't enforce NI staff to watch over it & they most likely have no authority over it as it is not them selling it. 

So yeah.. pretty much useless.

Most importantly, it's just not part of the agreement they hold users to.

So now it's up to Taleworlds to amend its Eula for Warband for more specific/clearer wording or have a new eula with this stuff for bannerlord if they don't care enough about Warband. Well intresting convo to pass time today, I tried pming TW to ask about the Eula and if it did or did not cover such things.

Though it comes into question, if Taleworlds Eula didn't cover this, then why were donator torches an issue in the past? Was it just as it were the devs themselves directly giving away torches in exchange for donations and that counted as a breach? Are they not the same users as us and subject to the same rules, and if they had to take off torches because of TW, what would make it different for players who trade items for cash to not be subject to them?