Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Show your interest here:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Super Interested!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!
48.91%
45 48.91%
Very Interested!
16.30%
15 16.30%
Interested
16.30%
15 16.30%
I hate fun (not interested)
18.48%
17 18.48%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tournament Discussion Thread
(14-12-2017, 06:45 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: The combat of this is quite different to NI, it's not too different from giving out legendarys based on people's height irl Tongue. And australians are all really short in this case.

When I train to get taller it doesn't work tho Sad
(14-12-2017, 06:51 AM)Winter Wrote:
(14-12-2017, 06:45 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: The combat of this is quite different to NI, it's not too different from giving out legendarys based on people's height irl Tongue. And australians are all really short in this case.

i mean it's irrelevant to NI combat itself.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
By looting a legendary you can easily gain 100m+ and therefor also skipping the normal way of progression. By increasing the lootchance of monopolized item doesn't guarantee a ((deserving)) player will get it. I just see this as an opportunity to be rewarded for some kind of skill, sorry to see that the AU player base is low on numbers.
(14-12-2017, 06:54 AM)TerrorBite Wrote:

I mean that even if you don't have this skill naturally (or from playing NI), you can still train to obtain it, therefore it is different from judging people based on innate attributes like height. I understand and acknowledge your point that PvP is not directly related to NI, but I still believe this is a fun thing for the community to participate in and the rewards give players a chance to break the legendary monopolies based on some sort of skill rather than Undeserved™ loot.
(14-12-2017, 06:55 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: By looting a legendary you can easily gain 100m+ and therefor also skipping the normal way of progression. By increasing the lootchance of monopolized item doesn't guarantee a ((deserving)) player will get it. I just see this as an opportunity to be rewarded for some kind of skill, sorry to see that the AU player base is low on numbers.

ofc it doesn't guarantee it'll go to someone deserving, but most of the time it seems to. pvp skill based 'drops' is almost completely random so it's ensuring that there is a much greater chance that the best legendarys will be #undeserved.

(14-12-2017, 06:56 AM)Winter Wrote:
(14-12-2017, 06:54 AM)TerrorBite Wrote:

I mean that even if you don't have this skill naturally (or from playing NI), you can still train to obtain it, therefore it is different from judging people based on innate attributes like height.  I understand and acknowledge your point that PvP is not directly related to NI, but I still believe this is a fun thing for the community to participate in and the rewards give players a chance to break the legendary monopolies based on some sort of skill rather than Undeserved™ loot.

good idea, gimme a few weeks to train up 3k hours to be able to compete with others.
Also playing NI makes you worse at pvp at higher levels.

But a relatively randomised distribution of legendaries increases the level of undeserved so much.

Well look, you can still have a fun event without giving out 3x Undeserved™ Tempests or other extreme game/eco changing items.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(14-12-2017, 06:59 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: good idea, gimme a few weeks to train up 3k hours to be able to compete with others.
Also playing NI makes you worse at pvp at higher levels.

But a relatively randomised distribution of legendaries increases the level of undeserved so much.

Well, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the awards being offered for this tournament. The NI team decided that this is a fun way to let players do something out of the ordinary for a chance at good items, with the added benefit of adding an alternate route to getting items that seem fairly unobtainable. As sorry as I am that you are unhappy with this, your complaints will do nothing to change it.

(14-12-2017, 06:59 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: Well look, you can still have a fun event without giving out 3x Undeserved™ Tempests or other extreme game/eco changing items.

Given the recent posts about the ridiculous pricing of such items, perhaps extreme economy changes in that sector are necessary...

Now that we have reached an impasse, let's please move on. I'd prefer to keep this reserved for questions and requests about the tournaments themselves, not the rewards.
(14-12-2017, 06:55 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: By looting a legendary you can easily gain 100m+ and therefor also skipping the normal way of progression. By increasing the lootchance of monopolized item doesn't guarantee a ((deserving)) player will get it. I just see this as an opportunity to be rewarded for some kind of skill, sorry to see that the AU player base is low on numbers.

Well at the worst this player could of join Ni just to do this event. So not even lvl 2. 

I would like a lvl cap to be put on at ether lvl 32 or 39 so that cant happen.

Feeling sorry for short people is stupid when they have bonuses that the normal people don't know about.

(14-12-2017, 07:14 AM)Winter Wrote: Given the recent posts about the ridiculous pricing of such items, perhaps extreme economy changes in that sector are necessary...

You only see this now?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(14-12-2017, 07:27 AM)Woody Wrote: Well at the worst this player could of join Ni just to do this event. So not even lvl 2. 

I would like a lvl cap to be put on at ether lvl 32 or 39 so that cant happen.

Tournaments in the past have required that the account be at least 2 months old.  I believe this rule or something similar will carry through to this one.
In the unlikely case that I will be good enough to get one of the first 3 places,
I will ask for a hurricane. I know that it isn't the best bow in game, but it is the
one I've always dreamed of. I won't ask for it to sell it, but to use it. I don't know
how unique this would be to do, but I guess there are a lot of people who would
rather ask for some item they dreamed of but couldn't get yet. We'll see! Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(14-12-2017, 07:29 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: In the unlikely case that I will be good enough to get one of the first 3 places,
I will ask for a hurricane. I know that it isn't the best bow in game, but it is the
one I've always dreamed of. I won't ask for it to sell it, but to use it. I don't know
how unique this would be to do, but I guess there are a lot of people who would
rather ask for some item they dreamed of but couldn't get yet. We'll see! Smile

Oh no....  Kip, is that you?  Is he holding you hostage?

(This is how Kip got his Hurricane.  In all fairness, it *was* the best bow at the time, but still a funny coincidence)

I am also hoping that people will ask for items they want rather than the most expensive items so they can sell them, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. It isn't a big deal to me either way as I don't feel like policing what people do with their winnings, but it would be nice.