Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Decrease Weight of Nords Melee Weapons
(12-09-2019, 10:16 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 07:38 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: 1
And I should mention, because some people don't seem to realise, that adding weight to gauntlets has no effect on the weight behind a swing. Gauntlets apply their stats to body armour, and thereby the weight applies to the overall armour weight, which in turn applies to movement speed.

If you've got a problem with being stunlocked with Lighter Legendaries, then you're currently experiencing the Native equivalent of fighting with a scimitar, which is only natural, and doesn't need editting.

to 1: adding the weight to the gauntlets is to make the nords not faster than before, gauntlets because most nords use the same gauntlets (as this makes it easier to implement than editing all armors the nords use)

to 2: so according to this logic, an upgraded legacy, with a weight of 0,25 should be a one handed weapon. NI is not Native. Tweaking Stats to reward upgrading to better gear reflects the progression in NI, thus, excluding blunt weapons or weapons with crushthrough, lowering the weight of nord weapons does, firstly give the infantry a small advantage as they are able to stunlock most bots (as people say NI Infantry is disadvantaged compared to other classes),
and secondly, it does not punish players for progressing to the best equipment by either getting a stunlock or heavier equipment due to increasing weight to counteract this stunlock.

Skill based or not, this should not be a concern of yours, NI is a place for everyone, not only for tryhards Wink

"adding the weight to the gauntlets is to make the nords not faster than before, gauntlets because most nords use the same gauntlets (as this makes it easier to implement than editing all armors the nords use)" - It appears you didn't read anything I said about weight on armour not affecting weight on weapons.

But that's okay, because that was one of the most Woody Replies I have seen in a while.

And yes. If this was Native, anything with less than 1 weight is a very light one handed weapon. But it isn't Native. I was just using an example.

I play a lot of NI Infantry, with Marketplace "Native" weapons, Crafted, and Legendary. And I don't see any issue.

Infantry don't need the ability to stunlock multiple bots because that just makes the game too easy.

What Forward said is correct. If there's an issue, increase the weight of Swadian Weapons. I've seen all of their weights, and most Legendaries have the same weight as, or less than, a Native Knife.

The game is meant to be enjoyable for players, but not pushover-easy.

But hey guys, if we go by Tofu's logic, then this problem is sorted out really easily. "Yo G, we should just increase the weight of Swadian gauntlets so the weight of our weapons equal to the Nords, ooh ooh aah aah."

Something like that Big Grin
Legendary Loots
07/02/2018 - Plate over Leather
02/07/2018 - Volundr Greatsword
04/11/2018 - Severance

Swaliant September 2019
"Sure, make fun of Turkey, but in meaningful ways."
"Turkey is a shithole, but it is our shithole."
(12-09-2019, 12:43 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: But hey guys, if we go by Tofu's logic, then this problem is sorted out really easily. "Yo G, we should just increase the weight of Swadian gauntlets so the weight of our weapons equal to the Nords, ooh ooh aah aah."

You're using ad hominem ttacks because you ran out of arguments?

What i said was increasing the weight on nord gauntlets to counter decreased weight on nord weapons.
(12-09-2019, 01:20 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 12:43 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote: But hey guys, if we go by Tofu's logic, then this problem is sorted out really easily. "Yo G, we should just increase the weight of Swadian gauntlets so the weight of our weapons equal to the Nords, ooh ooh aah aah."

What i said was increasing the weight on nord gauntlets to counter decreased weight on nord weapons.

And what I said, if you'd read it at all instead of recycling the same statement, is that increasing the weight on nord gauntlets DOES NOT affect the weight on nord weapons.

So you're making their weapons LIGHTER, and you're making their armour HEAVIER, thereby decreasing their movement speed, not substituting the weight of their weapons that you've reduced.

Please spare me the misery of having to repeat that the same point you're making is wrong if you intend to try and say it again, and instead take some time to think about how illogical your own argument is.
Legendary Loots
04/11/2018 - Severance

Swaliant September 2019
(12-09-2019, 01:28 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote:

And what I said, if you'd read it at all instead of recycling the same statement, is that increasing the weight on nord gauntlets DOES NOT affect the weight on nord weapons.

So you're making their weapons LIGHTER, and you're making their armour HEAVIER, thereby decreasing their movement speed, not substituting the weight of their weapons that you've reduced.

Please spare me the misery of having to repeat that the same point you're making is wrong if you intend to try and say it again, and instead take some time to think about how illogical your own argument is.

You can substitute Gauntlets with Helmets or Boots or Armors just to show you your argument is invalid.
(12-09-2019, 01:38 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:28 PM)AmateurAtArms Wrote:

You can substitute Gauntlets with Helmets or Boots or Armors just to show you your argument is invalid.

Nice Woody Logic.
You substitute Gauntlets for other bits of *Armour* to demonstrate that you're still unable to comprehend that it's not possible to tweak Armour stats to affect Weapon Weight to thereby reduce stunlocking.

If a Dev can do it. I'll eat my own words. But my argument is currently focused at deconstructing your logic and showing how it is flawed and can be used to support my side.

You're hung up on the belief that Weapon Weight and Armour Weight are linked. But they're not. If you're talking about movement speed, then yes, that's because weight affects speed.

But if you're talking about weight of a heavy weapon vs the weight of a light weapon, and you want to reduce the weight of the heavy weapon but subtitute that weight by adding it to a part of the body, then it's only making Bot armour weigh more.
Legendary Loots
04/11/2018 - Severance

Swaliant September 2019
Who actually cares
Maybe my toughts are too complex for you to understand so i'll break them apart

1. Reducing the weight of nordic weaponry reduces the chance of bots stunlocking players.
2. Now that the weight of the nordic weapon is lighter, the bot moves faster
3. to counteract it from moving faster, you add as much as you have taken away from the weapon to some other part of their equipment. the total weight stays the same.
4. players no more get stunlocked while everything else is the same as before

You don't seem to grasp that thiss is what this whole discussion is about, or are just trolling
(12-09-2019, 02:18 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: Maybe my toughts are too complex for you to understand so i'll break them apart

1. Reducing the weight of nordic weaponry reduces the chance of bots stunlocking players.
2. Now that the weight of the nordic weapon is lighter, the bot moves faster
3. to counteract it from moving faster, you add as much as you have taken away from the weapon to some other part of their equipment. the total weight stays the same.
4. players no more get stunlocked while everything else is the same as before

You don't seem to grasp thats what this whole discussion is about, or are just trolling

no one cares
(12-09-2019, 02:19 PM)Hurricane Wrote: no one cares
Why are you so critical when you feel obliged to post something like this.

Let people talk about random shit its what a forum is for.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(12-09-2019, 02:23 PM)Woody Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 02:19 PM)Hurricane Wrote: no one cares
Why are you so critical when you feel obliged to post something like this.  

Let people talk about random shit its what a forum is for.

Are you gonna make another graph? gtfo