Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

IronMan
First of all, hello to everyone. We have gone through a period where we could not fill the servers for a long time and the number of players was low. However, in the past 1-2 months, we have seen an increase in the number of players. For instance 1eu 1cn ragnarok server and + cav or normal server were full at the same time. But in such a period, we've seen kinda event thing named IronMan.Thanks to this event, we have now come to a situation where we, as EU people, cannot fill normal-hard-ragnarok. Since CN people play among themselves, they fill the ragnarok or hard servers during the day, and I do not think they are very interested in IronMan. Those who have completed the game and have full quests and items or who is new at this game may be positive about this IronMan event, but players like me who are at an intermediate level and trying to rise are complaining about this situation. I want to let you know that it is a mode that I continue to play by trying solo runs even when there are no players left, but it is really annoying to couldn't fill the server and not be able to play when there are enough players. I hope this situation won't negatively affect those who think like me and won't cause them to stay away from the game. You might think it is their choice to play whatever they want to play but for NI in general it has negative benefit, especially Ironman servers got password. In my opinion it would be much more effective if this was done under the name of Ironman events on certain days of the week.
Gothic Salet 07.29.2016
Legacy  25.03.2018
Tempest 21.02.2019
Jormungandr 23.02.2019
Tiger Scale Armor 11.09.2022
We are going through some busy periods, for which I will provide all the support I can regarding the number of players.

[Image: WyXPJ6.webp]

LR*ReaPsoT~

Tbh if it wasnt Ironman i wouldnt even continue playing, since i've done so much and its pointless to play just for loot %, we are group of friends who wanted to start from nothing to see what we could achieve, yesterday there was full EU rag server also CN rag server running, yes it may have taken down some of the players, but speaking about me i wouldnt even play the mod if it wasnt ironman, since public runs are often not fun and i cant even force myself to continue playing after 1st run, and now i play for like hours with the friends.

Also its a fun challenge.

Also its passworded, because we dont want someone to join and carry us through the waves, instead we want to see how hard it is to beat challenges and goals that we've set up for ourselves.
Loot:
Byrllysg - 10.02.2020
Sun Glaive - 11.5.2021
Ornate Arming Helmet - 18.05.2024
Excalibur - 17.06.2024
Phoenix Shield - 22.06.2024
(23-05-2024, 12:16 PM)Mawercik Wrote: but players like me who are at an intermediate level and trying to rise are complaining about this situation.

This is all subjective: I wouldn't call you an intermediate level. You don't have a full purple set, but having most of your loadout being legendaries on even one class puts you above that.

At the base of this argument though is the simple fact that people aren't entitled to others' time. Nobody is entitled to others playing with them. If they happen to want to play what you want to play, then great. If they choose something else, then well...deal with it.

It's also not demonstrated that without Ironman, the same cohort of players would play on other servers. I've certainly seen some names that I haven't seen in a while and I know it's due to Ironman, meaning we know that not everyone on Ironman would play elsewhere without its existence.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.09.03)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(23-05-2024, 11:33 PM)Malong Wrote: It's also not demonstrated that without Ironman, the same cohort of players would play on other servers. I've certainly seen some names that I haven't seen in a while and I know it's due to Ironman, meaning we know that not everyone on Ironman would play elsewhere without its existence.

I think a lot of people currently playing ironman are in this category. I certainly wouldnt play often/at all if it wasnt for ironman.

I would also like to note: NordInvasion is such an old mod at this point. It goes through periods of resurgence where suddenly a lot of the old playerbase starts playing again, thus creating opportunities for new players to join in. However there are large periods where a large portion of the west playerbase has no interest anymore and the mod "dies".
Ofcourse new players joining is great but at this point the mod has had such a long lifespan where you cannot expect returning players to cater to new players in order to increase player numbers or something of the sort. The ironman event is largely old players wanting to recapture a bit of nostalgia replaying the mod they played 10 years ago.
Loots : 13
Don't worry gamer, I got you.