Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Houses (Player Guilds)
Sounds great Smile
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(19-12-2011, 10:05 PM)Gomer link Wrote: A real bugged campaign run through cRPG it's boring and requires your life :/

Fixed for you  Wink

My question was sarcasm, anyway i'm really starting to think that cRPG should learn from NI, and not the opposite.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Some games in the past (and some present) used the concept of "Guild XP" and "Guild Level".

So let's say your guild is level 1 (just started it) you get a basic bonus of XP and dmg to be together. When you fight together or alone, a part of it goes to your House XP (Which would be a penalty % of your XP(taxed XP) , not an addition). Why ? So that people who really want to commit will sacrifice some of their XP and whatever the house can bring (Special items, special bonus, special loot, etc..) will be given to the most helpful/dedicated members ?

So I ask my house leader to tax me of 5% of my XP , and my friend who's low level (which won't matter much XP wise anyway) is at 0% (so he can level faster). High level people are taxed more, like 10%, (or as their wish , or decided my the leader of the house?) to gain House XP faster , to reach a higher level which would unlock something better.

No ? Discuss !
Something that would be really nice would be forums within every house that are completely customizable within each house. i ont want to make any copyright issues but if you go to "kingsage.com" make an account and create your own alliance (or just youtube one) you'll find some great examples. Having a forums within each house will make things much easier. along with that games rank systems. i know your planning on changing them around a little bit but if you look in the rank set up in kingsage, its outstanding. plus it makes being in a house much more welcoming, fun, and worth it.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Something thing that would be more a luxury than a necessity is a chat box(live) sort of thing within every house. I mean sure people could use team speak, steam, or other stuff but this is just an idea (its kind of annoying having to have 5+ pages open at once). and possibly a sort of live chat within the whole NI community to try and start up a game with a group of people they randomly meet on the site rather then just joining any old server. (nice for non-housers) Another idea i have is a merc page that houses can go to and hire people. I mean its a slightly dumb idea (as are most of my ideas) but its sort of a real life kind of thing that could help later when all the house quests/story mode/ etc come out. Just another random idea i have is a auction hall that is only seen within a house, as sort of a "at least this way i can help the people i work with" kind of thing although that might ruin the main auction hall.

ALSO SORRY TO DOUBLE POST *FACEPALM*

P.S. if you guys think my ideas are complete trash let me know and ill just stick to giving my opinion on things in the forums.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Really like the idea about mercs for the House!
Aventori, I really like you're ideas, but the "House Auction Hall" thing might be a problem as you said, but all the members of a house can invite an other player for a "trade" ( Private Trade) wich does not ruin the main auction hall Smile <--- ^ Already excist.

And Sir, something the Admin.

I'm a leader of a house, but when I made the house it only costed 500FP and 10k gold, will my house be deleted so I have to make  a new one? Orrr... Will it kind of be ... "payed" back with taxes?
And, and and, can the Leader of a house take out money fromt he "House Bank"? Kind of hard for me to recruit with no money xD
But try find a way for the house leaders not to abuse it.
                                                                                                                                                            |
Characters: [SW]iEatBurrito, [SW]Sniper, [SW]Pikeman.

Hope you have fun playing Nord Invasion, and that you slay plenty of Nords each day Wink
i really want to see this castle thing happen. ive started my second house and i already see a real political thing going on with the people who play this game all the time. i love this game ;D
Not sure if i  should post this here or in the feat requests but yea, a House chat/internal forum is a must have. What good is to be part of a House if that Community tool won't ease up the process of playing together with your House mates and instead one has to rely on yet again another tool like teamspeak, steam, Xfire and whatnot.

An internal House forum, even a light version, would provide a house with a great tool to organize itself and communicate on the general things happening in the House while a private house chat, even something very simple, would help a lot in connecting it's members and allow them to actually play together and meet on the same servers. Those two features are in my opinion the first things that should get the dev's focus when developing the House system. It's great to have house vs house battles or massive campaign and all but all that seems rather pointless to me if i can't even communicate with my house mates, or only through forum pm if by chance they have a forum account.

Still in the matter of communications, Something I'd love to see is a way for House's members to, not only communicate through a House chat on the website, but also that this very web chat would also be useable in game and vice versa, so that the members of a house could communicate with each other whether they're connected to an in-game server or simply logged in their account in the NI website. That would be so handy.

I've plenty of other ideas but meh, I don't want to spam this nice thread with walls of death.
Okay I'll be brief (and very demanding .. bring on the smites !).

I would be great if in the members tab, we could see the people's level and class ? This would help us a lot to see who's new , or who is which class, etc.

Custom made ranks would also be great , as we don't all want to be Leader/Captain/Sergeant/Soldier/Recruits, but theme guilds could have a Tsar , a Jarl, a King, a Prime minister (why not), etc...

Thanks Big Grin