Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Is haveing full bear armor worth it?
The bear armor makes you look like you need to shave three times a day.

/thread
[Image: sigasdasd.png]
AW CHEESE! And fuck Worm Banes
(13-09-2012, 08:28 PM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote: Bear Gauntlets have more armor (7 vs 6) than hourglass gauntlets.

In game, they are both six.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Heres the deal, definatley get Bear Armor and Bear Gauntlets. No Bear boots get Light Highlander Boots.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(13-09-2012, 10:32 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [quote author=Huscarlton Banks link=topic=5995.msg50427#msg50427 date=1347568137]
Bear Gauntlets have more armor (7 vs 6) than hourglass gauntlets.

In game, they are both six.
[/quote]

Ingame Bear is 7.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(13-09-2012, 11:01 PM)Jarold link Wrote: Heres the deal, definatley get Bear Armor and Bear Gauntlets. No Bear boots get Light Highlander Boots.

why not get the Splinted Leather Greaves? Only weigh 2 and get you 15 protection (in game, website doesn't match). Aren't highlander boots only 13?
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]

Thing is light higlhander boots are way more smexy looking.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(20-09-2012, 04:07 AM)Jarold link Wrote: Thing is light higlhander boots are way more smexy looking.

Meh. I don't even wear shoes on my archer. Why bother with the weight?

true Big Grin but does it really help? or make a difference?
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
(21-09-2012, 04:44 AM)WheresMyVodka link Wrote: true Big Grin but does it really help? or make a difference?

Weight definitely makes a difference. Based on athletics (and somewhat agility, I think) the amount of weight you carry affects you less. Shooting rate of ranged weapons is dependent on total encumbrance.

So, the more things you have, the slower you will shoot, and the slower you will run. Now, if you're playing shield wall style, the extra protection is better than the speed. Except for shoes. How often are you hit in the legs, versus chest and head. The one hit fills are usually headshots from the other ranged units. If you're kiting, then you want the speed and faster hits.

I've done lots of testing with the various armors, some in games, and some in single player doing "100m dashes". The extra armor definitely slows you down. Over my little race, naked with weapons was about 1-2s faster than with bear armor on. If you are a T4+2inf archer, you can get away with gloves, heavy inf helmet, and the sturdy spiked leather armor (weight 8) before you really start to slow down. Once you just to weight 12 armor (ringed leather), the slowdown is noticeable in both. You could probably trade off the helmet for more body armor, but then your head is unprotected. All the useable body armors already give you some leg protection, so the need for boots for "leg" armor isn't need, IMHO.

I'd rather shoot slightly faster and run faster. Try it yourself...load up your archer is no armor and see how much faster you shoot than with full kit.

i agree with galen on the need, or lack thereof, for boots on an archer becuase u are just not gonna get hit there as often as anywhere else. (i still where it though cuase my feet get cold Tongue)

as to the usefulness of bear armour; not only is it smexy as hell, when in a shield wall it is nice to be able to take those extra few hits and survive instead of dying. when you are not in  a shield wall i would go with light armour. depends on what you are doing in the end.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1