Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Pikemen the best slashers?
(04-10-2012, 06:35 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote: overhead slash is able to hit through mates since it hits from right to left.

if you stand right behind shielder youre still able to slash.

I see. So thrusters are at a disadvantage then.  :-\
The number weapons available to infantry that can slash through friends are not numerous. Aside from legendary weapons, the only other weapons with over 120 length is the flamberg, and the SGS and highlander claymore, and the SGS and highlander claymore aren't even long enough to do it effectively either with only 125 length each.
With weapons like the Swadian Halberd that have a length of 170, Skirmishers have a definite advantage, if at least there always being a spot open for them to slash behind the shielders and the slashers too.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

My only beef with being a skrim slasher is the constant self damage dealt by people walking behind you or close cade camps Sad even so I prefer to stand just off from the slashing line and ping jarids in some faces as the damage dealt by that takes out most in a single hit at a much faster rate than some slashers Smile
DB_Felch - lvl 51
DB_Carbon - lvl 52 - marauder
Didn't the patch fix the swing animation for the pikemen so that people behind you don't affect your swing?
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(04-01-2013, 12:55 AM)Swadius link Wrote: Didn't the patch fix the swing animation for the pikemen so that people behind you don't affect your swing?

Yeah but if an ally is on a higher surface than you there is a chance you could hit it. Also, there have been some trolls that have started jumping behind pikeman at the shieldwall which might be what Felch is talking about
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
New animation has saved me a couple of hundred lives already Smile as Murrow says there has defiantly been an influx in people jumping behind the shield wall  , whether its on purpose or not I do not know but it's no way near as bad as it was before patch.

Pikemen are defiantly no1 slashers now Wink
DB_Felch - lvl 51
DB_Carbon - lvl 52 - marauder
(04-01-2013, 11:37 AM)Felch link Wrote: New animation has saved me a couple of hundred lives already Smile as Murrow says there has defiantly been an influx in people jumping behind the shield wall  , whether its on purpose or not I do not know but it's no way near as bad as it was before patch.

Pikemen are defiantly no1 slashers now Wink

8ps Commandos are at least equal but Pikemen can`t shield that effectively, I`d say Pikemen and Commandos
are on the same level when it comes to slashin.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
After playing the game a lot more...I have to say that a mix of both is best. With pikemen in back,however if I had to choose only 1 type of slasher it would be the commando (better defense from accidental hits or arrows, also the Many blunt weapons do more damage in hard mode than the primarily cut pike weapons, yes I know the pok does blunt)
(04-01-2013, 12:09 PM)Sir_Aragorn link Wrote: After playing the game a lot more...I have to say that a mix of both is best. With pikemen in back,however if I had to choose only 1 type of slasher it would be the commando (better defense from accidental hits or arrows, also the Many blunt weapons do more damage in hard mode than the primarily cut pike weapons, yes I know the pok does blunt)

With the new Sarissa (and the normal Pike) disciplined Pikemen with some hit control can also overhead-stab over the SW/slasher combo.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(04-01-2013, 12:12 PM)Mr.Peso link Wrote: [quote author=Sir_Aragorn link=topic=5472.msg70826#msg70826 date=1357301352]
After playing the game a lot more...I have to say that a mix of both is best. With pikemen in back,however if I had to choose only 1 type of slasher it would be the commando (better defense from accidental hits or arrows, also the Many blunt weapons do more damage in hard mode than the primarily cut pike weapons, yes I know the pok does blunt)

With the new Sarissa (and the normal Pike) disciplined Pikemen with some hit control can also overhead-stab over the SW/slasher combo.
[/quote]

This, I wish all long pikeman weapons had the overhead stab Tongue (love that thing).

In the best possible gear, commandos are easily the best slashers, VGS/AGS + tanky armour + 8ps.

But once the overhead stab becomes more widespread, pikeman will have their own slashing positions Big Grin.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.