Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Yarr! Map Updates!
You people were always too spoiled and now that we have taken one of your toy you cry to wolf instead of understand why. It s always easier to whine than to find a new tactic. You had so easy that you forgot how to fight ! You became so soft that Prince is laughing behind his weak minions. Making it to Prince before was the result of a good team playing together using teamspeak and working together as one, not to set up a camping spot with everything near by... So stop crying like women soldiers! Man up, pick up your gear and go defend our lands !
(08-10-2012, 01:57 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote:I just want to admit that normal players arent able to spawn stuff like devs or dont play this mod long enough to wear heavy stuff like most of the admins do !
That means that they just arent able to help in movable shieldwalls etc.
You guys shouldnt forget how hard it is to survive without camping at low lvls / lvl 32-38 at hard !
I guess playing in dev stuff made you forget reality of killing nords without OP stuff

I can assure you they have not forgotten.

Also just because NI looks like this today, does not mean it will stay like this, or it was even intended to be like this.

It's a work in progress. And progress comes in stages.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
NordInvasion became too easy and too many legendaries were looted in the past weeks. It was super rare before, and going to Prince was something that would happen only once or twice in a week, not every hour.

When you,re low level, you're not suposed to make it to Prince. Prince and Odin were always suposed to be the ultimate goal to reach and was almost impossible , only the most skilled players could make it there. Now anyone can camp easily past commander as long as you have 1 good shielder and 1 good slasher. You guys would be crying so much if we were back in the days where we'd barely make it to Captain. Hell was it fun to fight intensely than just camping behind a shield.
(08-10-2012, 01:57 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote:I just want to admit that normal players arent able to spawn stuff like devs or dont play this mod long enough to wear heavy stuff like most of the admins do !
That means that they just arent able to help in movable shieldwalls etc.
You guys shouldnt forget how hard it is to survive without camping at low lvls / lvl 32-38 at hard !
I guess playing in dev stuff made you forget reality of killing nords without OP stuff

I can appreciate that completely, I know being a low level is hard. But with all the players thinking they are Rambo, running into the field and trying to slash its no wonder they die easily. Don't forget, this mod is NOT supposed to be easy. Yes we forget what its like not to be dev with dev armour but normal players (long time players) seem to forget that it was impossible to get anywhere near prince or Odin 6-8 months ago. Now, people playing in public servers with no real tactics are killing prince.

Don't think we are just trying to run everyones fun - with map changes come other changes that will help you fight. You just have to be patient and let us work out the way to proceed. Otherwise we might as well give up making patches, leave the maps as they are, let everyone make 50 billion gold and let you slash away with all best gear (apparently this isn't fun, so everyone keeps telling me on my dev char).

Also don't forget, we are not professional game designers - we are just normal people with admin passwords  Wink
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(08-10-2012, 02:04 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:NordInvasion became too easy and too many legendaries were looted in the past weeks. It was super rare before, and going to Prince was something that would happen only once or twice in a week, not every hour.

When you,re low level, you're not suposed to make it to Prince. Prince and Odin were always suposed to be the ultimate goal to reach and was almost impossible , only the most skilled players could make it there. Now anyone can camp easily past commander as long as you have 1 good shielder and 1 good slasher. You guys would be crying so much if we were back in the days where we'd barely make it to Captain. Hell was it fun to fight intensely than just camping behind a shield.

I remember always dying on the Huscarl round, man that sucked. Back in the day you could name the players that SAW Odin, let alone killed him. There was a elite group of players that you knew got past wave 12 and they were heroes in the NI community.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
That was a cool time at Swadian City, 1 guy with a Rez Tome and 1 guy who spawned like 100 horses to survive Jotnes. That's what I can remember of the old days. And we used some tactics.
Now it's just: ok, everyone on Outskirts and kill Prince. Without a tactic, we killed Prince with just a group of random people.. I think this mod is still awesome, just give the devs and admins some time, and then I think it'll be nice mod, and everyone will have fun.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
The mod has become too easy imho, getting rid of the campspots is a first good step in the right direction, now let the teleporting tricksters and healing priests back! (on a sidenote, players got nerfed a lot in those times, no more cav and lower profencies etc just remind that! )
Wusel @ Omnia
(08-10-2012, 02:56 PM)Lost_Legend link Wrote:The mod has become too easy imho, getting rid of the campspots is a first good step in the right direction, now let the teleporting tricksters and healing priests back! (on a sidenote, players got nerfed a lot in those times, no more cav and lower profencies etc just remind that! )
What this genius just said. Bring back those priests, the old school tricksters AND those old school Maiden and watch people die in no time
How old are the Tricksters, I mean in patches. I never saw the Trickers aroud patch 0.3.6 or 0.3.7, but that's because it was harder, I think.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier