Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Wave balance
Using the first wave of hardmode as an example you get 12 melee (3 soldier, 9 vets) and sometimes you also get 5 rangers.

I think that when you get the rangers the melee numbers should be reduced to compensate for these extra numbers.
+1
Having those extra couple units really does hurt, especially when they are rangers.
ya BB I agree with you since those rangers are so cooool!
(11-02-2012, 04:41 AM)BigBird link Wrote: Using the first wave of hardmode as an example you get 12 melee (3 soldier, 9 vets) and sometimes you also get 5 rangers.

I think that when you get the rangers the melee numbers should be reduced to compensate for these extra numbers.

Wow, I thought it was already like this. I definitely concur with your post, though in my opinion, I don't think rangers should spawn in the first wave at all--at least not in their current form. Even in hardmode, I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a mob that can headshot you across the map, over the shoulder of a Veteran you're fighting, right as you lower your shield to swing, and on the very first wave. I think their uber-accurate pwnage definitely served a purpose when horse archers were around and soloing 8+ waves, but now I think they're a tad rediculous to be honest.