Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archer class whoring!
yeah Lost server is the only one where you can poll the map... they maybe should remove that
This might be a tad off topic= but continuing from Pvt_Dancer's line of reasoning I believe that as camping spots are removed, the game will shift from the current shield-centric play style to knight-centric tactics. Archers will remain useful for advancing in waves, but knights will be the ones keeping the team alive by keeping the bots from reaching archers. Knights have become a requisite for hard mode. I predict that those reaching high waves will be those playing in smaller groups limited to 2 to 5 players who can play their roles well. Hopefully, commandos will still have a role to play on the ground, but at times I feel I am more of a burden to my team than a benefit (unless I am riding around on a horse trying to play the role of a knight). In any case, this is enough armchair speculation for me. I will have to kill some Nords if I want to test my hypotheses.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(22-02-2012, 07:53 PM)Zetus link Wrote: My solution would be as follows:
1. No individual rewards for kills. Neither loot nor exp. All loot would be randomly distributed among players. Equal exp for everyone with each kill.
2. Exp rewards would grow exponentially with each wave, in other words: You wouldn't get much happiness from killing peasants only, unless you were a newbie.
3. Bonus exp with each wave survived.
4. Strong system detecting idle players.
5. For further consideration would be a complete removal of autoblock. That would make shield players play a proper role as tankers and two handers as damage dealers. Archers on the other hand would get too scared to fight on their own.
Let me start off by saying that I'm an infantryman, and I'm perfectly okay with archers. Granted I really don't like playing one, but that's not the point here.

1. The current exp system is fine by me. So I didn't get the kill, big deal. I'll still get assist xp and it's one less nord to deal with. The loot on the other hand I agree should be changed. (How exactly does an archer who killed a nord from across the map pick up boots from said nords?) I personally think gold shouldn't be awarded per kill either, but rather it should be rewarded per round. The more people that survive, the further you can progress, the more money everybody makes.
2. That's already been implemented. You get more exp per kill based on the enemy that you fight. A nord prisoner gives you much less than a berserker or zweihander would.
3. Agreed, it would be nice.
4. Definitely agreed. Why fight the extra enemies they spawn if they're not even there?
5. A few things on this one.
-Personally, I don't use autoblock. Never have, never will. I would not be torn up to see it gone.
-It would also keep nords from being able to block any different attack besides the thrust (basically making everybody very happy besides Cav)
Again, not torn up about that one. Especially when you take into consideration how often the damn nords chamber block. I ended up dying because a follower chamber blocked me 6 times in a row, giving his friends ample time to catch up to me and overwhelm me.
-Sure, it would make it more difficult for new players, but when you think about it: a good manual blocker will be able to survive much longer than somebody using autoblock. I've seen it in action, the only people who benefit from it most of the time are the nords. I will not miss it.
-The two hander comment: You've never been in a game with my friend Lord_Ullum. He and I formed a house, and we generally play at the same time, all the time. More often than not, he and I are at the top of the leaderboard, even when it's just the two of us and a horde of archers.

Now then, to the archers: I see them for what they are, a great asset. More often than not, the nords overwhelm infantry. In those times, you either rely on a strong shield and helpful teammates, or you rely on archers picking off the nords that try to get on your sides while you deal with the one right in front of you. Then the one behind him... and the one behind him...
They can take our lives, but they can never take our lamb kebobs!

Because here in Swadia, we feast!
(02-03-2012, 07:08 AM)El Capitan Tribok link Wrote: 1. The current exp system is fine by me. So I didn't get the kill, big deal. [...]

Please read all previous posts before You give an answer. I already said before that it's not about exp for me. For other players it is and their greedy nature pushes them towards the fastest leveling class. If we all get equal rewards there won't be any profit in overusing any class. People will be able to work on tactics and play their roles without discomfort that even though they do a great job they get less rewarded.

(02-03-2012, 07:08 AM)El Capitan Tribok link Wrote: 2. That's already been implemented. You get more exp per kill based on the enemy that you fight. A nord prisoner gives you much less than a berserker or zweihander would.

Exp reward growth is not big enough, since players feel perfectly fine by farming exp on first few waves only again and again. Current rewards make getting to higher waves not that important. I mentioned that in the same post You replied to: "You can survive 4 waves each round and eventually get the same level and gear as a player who has godlike coop skills.", so again read stuff before writing stuff.

(02-03-2012, 07:08 AM)El Capitan Tribok link Wrote: 5. A few things on this one. [...]

Autoblock is not available anymore on EU servers and bots block normally. It seems they have fixed the block issue somehow.

(02-03-2012, 07:08 AM)El Capitan Tribok link Wrote: Now then, to the archers: I see them for what they are, a great asset. More often than not, the nords overwhelm infantry. In those times, you either rely on a strong shield and helpful teammates, or you rely on archers picking off the nords that try to get on your sides while you deal with the one right in front of you. Then the one behind him... and the one behind him...

Do You even play the game?
Archers couldn't care less if You are getting hit. You are just a delay between them and the bots.

I'm locking the thread because people start to OT, post replies without reading current posts and serve weak troll attempts like _Sphinx_ did.
Anyways, all valuable replies have already been posted so I don't want people to repeat stuff.

El Capitan Tribok if You want to reply o me do it via PM.