Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranged
(16-07-2013, 01:26 PM)Deerheart link Wrote: why do you guys hate the young and the poor?

That is the good question - why do we hate them?
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
i'm poor  :')

On events though shields are so expendable... Even on ragnarok, shields never break with a royal guard. And i was thinking more along the lines that it would motivate people to bring more shields. More pavise champions and zweihanders wouldn't walk around with 3 twohanders + have you ever seen a legionnaire with throwing axes and a shield? I haven't despite the fact that you can multiply axes via refill.
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Problem's solved now...there's now no point in being a ranged unit.

Just wait in the base for 5 seconds while the rangers shoot/throw their ammo into the wall they spawn next to, then slash them as they kamikaze your shield wall.

Lesson learnt; Everyone may as well spec to inf.
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
I don't agree. First of all, there will be surely a lot of balancing and tweaking soon. Furthermore players have to adopt (you know - adopt or die) to those changes. iBlue has come up with interesting idea of creating several line of defence, so cades won't be placed to "stop" the nords but to slow them down and give ranged more time to do damage (it could also reduce aoe damage to cades since they will be more spread out).
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
The only viable strategy right now is full shield wall (Generally 3-4 shielders) Cades aren't worth anything any more, hence why the update is called 'shields up'. While I'm perfectly fine with full shield walls and cades being next to worthless, I'm not happy with the new ranged AI, at the very least they should get into range and have a 'general' line of sight rather than shooting the nearest wall or throwing their axes from spawn, what's the point?
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
Archers:

Well, i think there are too many archers, yes but they are pretty balanced, they can take almost all enemies in 2 headshots on normal BUT... What about ragnarok? where they cant even peak or go out the cade unless its wave 2. Its pretty balanced i think. A team with 4 sniper can easily take it to wave 14 if they play good enoughf. Very expreinced players can solo the Normal mode completely. And commandos are the key on ragnarok, archers can only support them, can support very little... And yes, what does it matter to you if people select archers, you give them select to Pikeman, Commando, Sharpshooter and Sniper, they can select what ever they want. Remove the all classes but Commando if you want to all players beign shielder and mod goes dead...

Solo:

Solo varies extremely on player. Along with skills, you need a 3 leaf clover. Even at skirmishers you can end beign headshotted with an axe and die. If you are skilled enough to live long, it must be your reward. I mean, if you dont die unless a headshot from enemy archer or something like that and you are playing well, who cares? You dont get loot, very less xp, very less gold but you will have fun. I solo on temple and old shrine too, but its just for fun, where i sharpen my headshot skills and when servers are full. Its very clear Co-op gets x16 more xp, x3 gold and x16 loot. So, i really dont think solo snipers do that for xp or gold. Unless you are after a legendary, you only do it for fun. I did not ever gone to empty server for expreince and gold. And when you are behind a cade and you keep shooting at enemy rangers, you'l changes are much more higher than when you solo

So yes, soloing or kiting are pretty balanced.

Pros: Very flexible gameplay

You wont see any trolls

You can sharpen your skills

No one will ''accidentaly'' kill last

Less enemies

You can find new tactis

Cons: Very very Low xp

Low gold

You dont have a backup

No buddy system

A single unlucky hit  from enemy ranged to your head will finish game

You have to be very skilled to get pikemans on solo.

It has both cons and pros, its pretty balanced.

About archers, so many ''uber'' powerfull items for sniper, why not ''noob'' items for low level archers like you did on crossbowman's. There is gastraples or something like that for t1. And why not special bows for t1-t2 archers?

Have a nice day

(16-08-2013, 09:06 PM)JeTSTeR84 link Wrote: Archers:

Well, i think there are too many archers, yes but they are pretty balanced, they can take almost all enemies in 2 headshots on normal BUT... What about ragnarok? where they cant even peak or go out the cade unless its wave 2. Its pretty balanced i think. A team with 4 sniper can easily take it to wave 14 if they play good enoughf. Very expreinced players can solo the Normal mode completely. And commandos are the key on ragnarok, archers can only support them, can support very little... And yes, what does it matter to you if people select archers, you give them select to Pikeman, Commando, Sharpshooter and Sniper, they can select what ever they want. Remove the all classes but Commando if you want to all players beign shielder and mod goes dead...

Solo:

Solo varies extremely on player. Along with skills, you need a 3 leaf clover. Even at skirmishers you can end beign headshotted with an axe and die. If you are skilled enough to live long, it must be your reward. I mean, if you dont die unless a headshot from enemy archer or something like that and you are playing well, who cares? You dont get loot, very less xp, very less gold but you will have fun. I solo on temple and old shrine too, but its just for fun, where i sharpen my headshot skills and when servers are full. Its very clear Co-op gets x16 more xp, x3 gold and x16 loot. So, i really dont think solo snipers do that for xp or gold. Unless you are after a legendary, you only do it for fun. I did not ever gone to empty server for expreince and gold. And when you are behind a cade and you keep shooting at enemy rangers, you'l changes are much more higher than when you solo

So yes, soloing or kiting are pretty balanced.

Pros: Very flexible gameplay

You wont see any trolls

You can sharpen your skills

No one will ''accidentaly'' kill last

Less enemies

You can find new tactis

Cons: Very very Low xp

Low gold

You dont have a backup

No buddy system

A single unlucky hit  from enemy ranged to your head will finish game

You have to be very skilled to get pikemans on solo.

It has both cons and pros, its pretty balanced.

About archers, so many ''uber'' powerfull items for sniper, why not ''noob'' items for low level archers like you did on crossbowman's. There is gastraples or something like that for t1. And why not special bows for t1-t2 archers?

Have a nice day

I agree with you
IMO i think theres a good reason i dont see many commandos...ranged can solo and most games i see a archer or a pikeman kiting for the respawn wave.I personally like my pikeman he can almost kite to prince by himself...
I think that there is too much ranged out there atm. A bit boring in NI is that map after map, the team is hiding behind a wall of barricades, almost always on the same spot of the map and shooting everything down what is coming close to the barricades.

Melee factor is almost nil, as long you don't consider slashing as proper melee. No open fight against bots like for instance in native multiplayer.

I have now 3 characters at tier 4, so the excitement of reaching certain milestones of levelling is over. Now I've reached a kind of monotony, where I need to motivate myself, playing over and over the same scenario again to improve my items. Maybe 200h per blue item ?
What I want to say is: Either the game style is brilliant which keeps you playing (atm, no open melee, commando get forced into shielding role to go far with the team, hiding behind cades, 75% of players just shoot the uber bots) or the perspective to see your character developing further and further keeps you playing (tons of hours upcoming playing to reach next improvement).

Please don't get me wrong, this mod has a uniqueness compared to other mods, but on the other hand I think that the satisfaction is reached too quick.
The early game or short term (3-6 months) affection is immense: levelling, levelling, levelling. Normal mode is doable with some melee.
The mid play or long term (6 months+) affection is not so exciting: no levelling, massive time consumption to see your character progressing, boring playstyle on hard / ragnarok with only hiding and shooting.

I'm probably not with an exclusive view on this, so maybe this gives you another idea why maybe a part of players moved away from NI.
And I don't say I would have done it better than you guys, because I actually don't have any ideas for you, how to change or improve the mod further.

Maybe one (not well thought trough) idea:
To avoid everyone only shooting, make the infantry class reasonable stronger. Enable them to go into melee fights versus the bots. Because currently on hard you can max. fight vs bots in wave 1-3.
"Swadians are cowards - they just hide and shoot" - King Ragnar
i do kinda hate how wen im on my commando some t4 archer or t4 pikeman or a t4 xbow kills prince i rarely see a commando kill one...