Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Xbows - Suggestion
Xbow that weights like 100 , but has like 200 pierce , very slow reload , high missile speed ?
I do not think it weighed quite 100.. that would make it more of a Siege weapon only.

However The arbalest took around 20 seconds to reload which would be a huge factor in this game
20 seconds of reloading would mean you had to have a commando body guard for sure.

and 200 peirce is a bit Much :In c-rpg i have a masterwork arb and steel bolts, doing 100 peirce i can kill Tanks (Str builds) in 2 to 4 shots. This is they have like 11 ironflesh and 90 armor.  and odd str like 39 or 41.  meaning like 115 hp total. not counting armor. So maybe like 130 pierce.

- i am sure the devs have something planed.
I know it's been done to have a stationary cannon/ballista, so I'm sure the dev team could do it, and I'm pretty sure there might even be an OSP around for it.

It'd probably be better if there was an 'elite' for say, crossbow like mini has been obsessing about day and night since the moment she joined NI, but also something better than steel bolts would be good as well. Like I guess for the tiers, tier 1 crossbowman would have bolts, tier 2 would have sharp bolts, tier 3 would have steel bolts, tier 4 would have homing missiles. Kindof what was done with the archery class, just more extreme since crossbows are supposed to be the 'high power' ranged class, to compensate for the 'low rate of fire'.

But just to chime in that crossbows weren't as slow as people think they were historically, but since this fantasy mod I'll leave that matter alone.  :Smile
Auf Blut gebaut
(01-04-2012, 11:31 AM)Diablo link Wrote:I know it's been done to have a stationary cannon/ballista, so I'm sure the dev team could do it, and I'm pretty sure there might even be an OSP around for it.

...Like I guess for the tiers, tier 1 crossbowman would have bolts, tier 2 would have sharp bolts, tier 3 would have steel bolts, tier 4 would have homing missiles.
Ummmmm... I don't think that would work out. Would they explode as well as be unrealistic for the time period? Homing missiles will likely never be added to this mod. I hope.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
There is this literary term called 'sarcasm', I suggest you open up to it a bit.  Tongue
Auf Blut gebaut
I can confirm that ICBMs will be added for tier 4 crossbowman in 0.4.0
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
lol... my bad.
I got this one...
BIRD-THAT'S SARCASM!
Don't say ANYTHING.
(01-04-2012, 11:31 AM)Diablo link Wrote:I know it's been done to have a stationary cannon/ballista, so I'm sure the dev team could do it, and I'm pretty sure there might even be an OSP around for it.

It'd probably be better if there was an 'elite' for say, crossbow like mini has been obsessing about day and night since the moment she joined NI, but also something better than steel bolts would be good as well. Like I guess for the tiers, tier 1 crossbowman would have bolts, tier 2 would have sharp bolts, tier 3 would have steel bolts, tier 4 would have homing missiles. Kindof what was done with the archery class, just more extreme since crossbows are supposed to be the 'high power' ranged class, to compensate for the 'low rate of fire'.

But just to chime in that crossbows weren't as slow as people think they were historically, but since this fantasy mod I'll leave that matter alone.  :Smile

I have ever said I hate you? well just making sure I hate you there I said it.

100 pierce weapon isn't Ubber Since its not effected by PS or PD may seem like to much but Oh well  Tongue 

and If you added Homing Missiles boom I am done.
(01-04-2012, 04:53 PM)Annoying_Archer link Wrote:lol... my bad.
I got this one...
BIRD-THAT'S SARCASM!

Sorry, that's not quite right. That one was just a joke.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Damn... I'll get the next one, I promise! But can't it be considered ALMOST sarcasm?
Don't say ANYTHING.