Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

mountain pass
There's a bug with "place with some snow", near spawn point. It's a path, but when you are coming onto these place, you die...
Playing NI since December 2011
(01-12-2011, 03:56 PM)Laisha link Wrote: A well-made map would be balanced so that all troop types could play it without being left behind or disadvantaged.  The reason it doesn't seem terribly imbalanced to have a map that favors non-cavalry right now is that cavalry easily dominates the other two maps.  The fact of the matter is, none of the maps are particularly balanced, with closest being Swadian Village.  And even then, the maps just end up having people run forward instead of having a solid defensive position to hold.
s you say we just need one map?
maps arejust different when there are advantages and disadvantages
another issue with the map is annoying archers climbing the mountain and just shooting from there takes away the whole spirit of teamwork and fun
(19-12-2011, 03:58 PM)Leman_Russ link Wrote: another issue with the map is annoying archers climbing the mountain and just shooting from there takes away the whole spirit of teamwork and fun

now this is a real issue. it's a game killer to form a shieldwall in the pass but then get raped because some idiot climbed the cliff and attracted all the nords up there. really, the nords kill the guy and then charge down the cliff surrounding us.

the complaining from the cav is pointless, battlefields aren't balanced because it gives us a greater challenge. just get off your horses and join the Real soldiers
Real soldiers? lmao, without the cav you wouldn't get half as far as you get now. Get off yer high horse.
(19-12-2011, 05:38 PM)Golradir link Wrote: Real soldiers? lmao, without the cav you wouldn't get half as far as you get now. Get off yer high horse.

I don't have a horse, that was my point.  ;D

Yes, on all the other maps we need cav players...but this is mountain pass, cav are useless there, so get down and join the line.
Was told to post here by a Global Mod.

I posted this in the "report players" section when I was trying to prove a point regarding this map. I'm just going to copy paste my whole defense here.

I have more screeshots if needed, but tl;dr - this map is a gigantic glitch.

Quote:Here's my take on this;

This is a very primitive map. The only reason people ever vote this map in is because of the whole "grind" factor. Which is silly, because I think that games should be fun and this "grind" thing shouldn't be the focus of a mod that holds such promise and quality. That said, a map of this quality should not be in the rotation simply because the NPCs are bottlenecked and everyone gets an XP shower.

I was simply taking screenshots, because - honestly - I thought the whole seahorse thing was a hoot. I have the screenshots of us "horsing" around because I'm not here to prove my innocence. I'm simply trying to show that this is a glaring mishap in a mod that otherwise produces quality maps that rival those of the better mods out there.

Chat logs are also posted with others showing frustration with us. HOWEVER, please notice that there are still others who carry the same frustrations that I do regarding this particular map "Mountain Pass."

I love this mod, and would love to see it flourish. Maps like this may not be a priority right now, what with the whole subclasses coming out and all. However, I feel that at the very least, the map "Mountain Pass" should be removed from the rotation temporarily while its flaws are dealt with.

(An idea that I've been thinking about is more of a "bridge defense in the mountains" sort of deal. That gives the map maker the option to put railings with invisible walls that prevents players from moving outside the play zone.)

Here are 4 screenshots, I have more, but my internet isn't exactly one for speed;
2 are of me and the player Borealis using horses to move up the side of sheer walls (it can be done on foot, too. Just horses are funnier)
2 are of the chat logs of the subsequent conflict between players (again, notice the frustration of both sides) 
http://imageshack.us/g/204/2011121900018.jpg/
It is understandable that the Mountain pass is a shytload of glitches/ Calvary Unfriendly/ Grinding Zone(Or whatever you would fancy). This was an early map released to be a parallel of the Swadian Village, and certainly needs a big overhaul.

Of course, if you have any opinion how to improve the map (such as adding extra lanes or a bridge), you can post your thoughts how to make it more user-friendly for all.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(20-12-2011, 04:14 AM)Johao link Wrote: It is understandable that the Mountain pass is a shytload of glitches/ Calvary Unfriendly/ Grinding Zone(Or whatever you would fancy). This was an early map released to be a parallel of the Swadian Village, and certainly needs a big overhaul.

Of course, if you have any opinion how to improve the map (such as adding extra lanes or a bridge), you can post your thoughts how to make it more user-friendly for all.

(19-12-2011, 07:07 PM)dexxtaa link Wrote:
Quote:(An idea that I've been thinking about is more of a "bridge defense in the mountains" sort of deal. That gives the map maker the option to put railings with invisible walls that prevents players from moving outside the play zone.)

edit;
+ I'm thinking perhaps an NPC spawn zone on one side of a mountain chasm, then a bridge between, where people can hold etc, THEN the mountain path that's currently on the map.

This would give the fighters the same sort of bottleneck idea that this map is built around, HOWEVER it also makes the glitchy part of the map (89-degree inclines climbable in 0.5 seconds) a much smaller part of the "strategy" that so many people have come to rely on.

Here's a picture.

| le human spawn zone| -------mountain pass-------| altar | =====xp bridge======== | invisible wall | + le NPC spawn zone +

So without text:

||||||||| -------------------- ||||| ==================== ||| ++++++++

Yeah. I just made a bunch of symbols up and called it a map.