Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

mountain pass
(30-11-2011, 07:25 PM)Polobow link Wrote: [quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1361#msg1361 date=1322675773]
[quote author=Hablam link=topic=144.msg1026#msg1026 date=1322322725]
think of the infantry and archers
it is the ideal map for them
i could also say delet beach assult it is hard for the infantry

Now keep in mind that it's hard to play for infantry, but it's impossible to play as cav in the mountain pass, I don't know why they put a map like that in to a mod which got Cavalry in it, that map kills the idea of cav.
[/quote]

It's different for a change. Mountain pass favors unmounted combat, while the other 2 favor cav. If people are playing on this map and you don't like it, just switch servers.
[/quote]
That's what I did, but all 4 servers had mountain pass at the moment ._. i need mounted xp, i have enough melee Sad
(30-11-2011, 07:25 PM)Polobow link Wrote: [quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1361#msg1361 date=1322675773]

Now keep in mind that it's hard to play for infantry, but it's impossible to play as cav in the mountain pass, I don't know why they put a map like that in to a mod which got Cavalry in it, that map kills the idea of cav.
[/quote]

It's different for a change. Mountain pass favors unmounted combat, while the other 2 favor cav. If people are playing on this map and you don't like it, just switch servers.
[/quote]

You really don't get it? You CAN NOT PLAY mounted at all.. As infantry you CAN play on the other maps if you are GOOD, I can see a lot of people without cav being on the top lists, when have you seen a cav on top list on mountain pass? never.

I would suggest maiking EU3, Infantry only so they could play with mountain pass map, but take it away from the two others.
(30-11-2011, 10:08 PM)KnightRider link Wrote: [quote author=Polobow link=topic=144.msg1365#msg1365 date=1322681106]
[quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1361#msg1361 date=1322675773]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really don't get it? You CAN NOT PLAY mounted at all.. As infantry you CAN play on the other maps if you are GOOD, I can see a lot of people without cav being on the top lists, when have you seen a cav on top list on mountain pass? never.

I would suggest maiking EU3, Infantry only so they could play with mountain pass map, but take it away from the two others.
[/quote]

Playing as cav on mountain pass is easy if you know the secret to camping Wink
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
(30-11-2011, 11:51 PM)Melvarius link Wrote: [quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1376#msg1376 date=1322690929]
[quote author=Polobow link=topic=144.msg1365#msg1365 date=1322681106]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Playing as cav on mountain pass is easy if you know the secret to camping Wink
[/quote]

And this leads to the flaw of people rushing for the assist xp. It should be all around for every player (So no charging)
(30-11-2011, 10:08 PM)KnightRider link Wrote: [quote author=Polobow link=topic=144.msg1365#msg1365 date=1322681106]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't understand, what's the problem of cav not being able to play on a map?
A well-made map would be balanced so that all troop types could play it without being left behind or disadvantaged.  The reason it doesn't seem terribly imbalanced to have a map that favors non-cavalry right now is that cavalry easily dominates the other two maps.  The fact of the matter is, none of the maps are particularly balanced, with closest being Swadian Village.  And even then, the maps just end up having people run forward instead of having a solid defensive position to hold.
(01-12-2011, 03:42 PM)Polobow link Wrote: [quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1376#msg1376 date=1322690929]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You might want to try.. you move slower thant the infantry :S a lot slower.
(01-12-2011, 07:32 PM)KnightRider link Wrote: [quote author=Polobow link=topic=144.msg1444#msg1444 date=1322754152]
[quote author=KnightRider link=topic=144.msg1376#msg1376 date=1322690929]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You might want to try.. you move slower thant the infantry :S a lot slower.
[/quote]

Exactly. You are forced to go off your horse. This map is pretty much only inf/archer, which is a change unlike the other 2 maps. I am cav myself, and while i hate the map, it is in the liking of other people.
I disagree with the assertions here that infantry is difficult to play on maps like Swadian Village and Beach Assault (unless you are referring to higher waves like shock troopers and Nord heavy infantry, but even then it is manageable).
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I wasn't really saying that it was difficult for those, but yes, compared to mountain pass they are a little more difficult and cav have the advantage in here. I want some urban maps, since that requires precise horse riding while also giving chokepoints to defend for inf and ranged.