Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New class - I feel like something's missing.
If they had a lot smaller radius then maybe. I think it would be cool to have traps, just set a few up behind the shield wall if a few leak in to weaken them.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
3 barrels? are you having a laugh?
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
I know nobody has commented on this for a while but why not a hoplite class. give them shield spears and all that. except for give them more armor so they arnt a skirmisher cause thats all pikeman class is. Give them armor thats almost as good as there infantry counterparts. great spears and small swords with round shields. so they are like infantry can throw stuff but better in melee and medium and close.
That is essentially the Marauder hero class.
Not really. Marauder is lighly armored and relies on reach and long polearms. He wants a Legionnaire type guy who uses shields,swords,spears and throwing weapons to a extent. Not the greatest in either but still good enough for both.
Ah yes, I meant Halberdier.

One handed: 130
Two handed: 120
Polearm: 190
Archery: 20
Crossbow: 20
Throwing: 300
Power draw: 1
Power throw: 6
Power strike: 7
Ironflesh: 8
Athletics: 8
Shield: 7

It does shielding, it has decent armour, it does damage and can throw well.
But it doesnt have 1h skill or weapons is what Im sayin.
(28-09-2013, 04:06 PM)Unknown_Soldier link Wrote: Not really. Marauder is lighly armored and relies on reach and long polearms. He wants a Legionnaire type guy who uses shields,swords,spears and throwing weapons to a extent. Not the greatest in either but still good enough for both.

i can already see this class being overpowered, also when did you think it would be a good idea for a spear wielding class to be effective in medium to close range combat (defeats the purpose of a spear). the idea of this thread was to create ideas for a NEW class. the hoplite just seems to be a royal guard that can wield spears *seems effective*. try thinking of something completely new, perhaps a hunter class that can lay spike traps for incoming nords, perhaps even linking in with Hawkins artillery idea? (another well balanced idea i know).
Then go Legionnaire and lose the polearm for 1 handed. A class that could do all of these things well would be too powerful and make several hero classes pointless. Why go halberdier or legionnaire when you can get a t4 class that does both of these?
Alright, I'm here, and here's what I've read so far:

Slow musket class - crossbowman decoy with overpowered damage

Fast gun class - are you high? I don't even-

Splitting the pikeman in two - I actually want to go with this simply because there's no other medieval weapon left that hasn't been taken, but throwing and spears have been pushed together. Very few types of infantry or ranged ever split down the middle on melee or ranged based.
So yes, make a class that can throw, has medium armor, has small round shields, and shortswords that cannot block (why can't I block? you have a shield, don't you? Use it wisely, doofus.)

Monk - I think this mod is trying to border on realistic in historical manner, but it's not spreading out too thin. There's no guns, and there's no big people throwing boulders. No matter how much you argue about the area of time that NI is set in, it's still in the Medieval ages, with swords, shields, and the whole lot. No guns, no full retard magic casting, no bullshit. I'm sure that the devs will make headshots more effective, and change aspects later on when it becomes relevant, but for now, no Monk class, simply because magic is stupid, and support classes are better. If you split Engineer and Medic into two seperate actual classes, people will have to create 6 characters (7 if you add the spear-chucking-retard-class-manchild), and it will be a lot less fun on the short end of the stick, only doing what you are based to do as that class, hours upon hours on end. Overall, no.

Scout- This is a different one because it's hard where to draw the line on speed, agility, and strength. Scouts are relatively weak and are fast, but they will become useless unless they have specified weapons set to them that do the damage that are needed in Ragnorok, Hard, and near the end of Normal. I like the idea, I do. I really wish for the devs to find some way for this to be added, and to draw the line between strength, weapon damage fixing, and everything else wrong with this.

Also, to make the game more interactive, I'll just push this in that there should be traps that people can make, such as bear traps or swinging object traps, or dropping object traps. A little hard to code, yes, but it would add a ton of cade defense and make it even more awesome when you conk some Nord on the head with a rock, and watch his body limplessly fall to the grassy plateau. An entirely new support class, but you're free to disagree.

To be honest, when I play NI, I feel like it's the same shallow, dull routine, killing nord, build cade, die on pikemen because we didn't care anymore. If anything, keep adding content that gives the game more feel, not new armor, not new weapons, but new classes to choose from, maybe faction wars, maybe the bear trap thing would help a ton, just because there is more to choose from and more to play with.

When you added the Repeater Crossbow, all everybody really thought was, "Oh cool, a new crossbow."
I feel like this mod has gone off track from what it was. I was blown away when cavalry was taken away and Pikeman was added.
I know it's really, REALLY hard to code with the current modding state that Warband is in, and I know that you guys must be getting very little amounts of motivation and with everybody spamming ideas that they just punch out into their keyboards (really? guns?), but please, please add more content that'll make a lasting effect.
-Terath
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off