Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Got fliff?
Showing a different model isn't possible in that way, the model is set in the item file. So would have to add a copy of the stat as a new item line with a different model to 'make it look different'.

Slots would also be a cool idea, perhaps when you get to level 52 you could spend a massive amount of gold to unlock a additional weapon slot. However the slot system is also locked as it is, we can modify the existing framework, but can't add or remove any of it. We sort the locks of certain items trough the website, that's why we had to remove the ability to chose items in-game, or the slots would be free for anything as they used to be.

As for cRPG ideas, the systems they have are quite awesome, but it would be a shame to just copy them. The upkeep system they have I really love in that game and it works well, but here it wouldn't do any good, we don't want to restrict your gear choice or character in any way with gold (other then prices to get it in the first place of course  Wink).

We have played with the thoughts of something along the lines of the retirement system cRPG uses that went under the "codename" Ascension System back in the day. We just could never figure out a good way to do it, the issue being the same as with a lot of things, we don't want people to be able to get to much stat increases trough grinding. While we do know this is a grindy game and it's kinda supposed to be, it would just be a horrible mess to keep anything balanced by allowing some to be demi-gods trough heavy grinding while the rest where not. But the gear upgrades are of course a very good idea since it feels rewarding without giving that much of a boost, no wonder cRPG went for that system eh?  Wink

But let's keep this on the topic of draining gold from the economy in some sensible and maybe even some cool ways. How would you feel about purchasing stuff for the website itself? Perhaps upgrades of some sort that could give some new features or maybe temporary buffs?
What about additional ingame shrines? ones which boost damage, health or some other useful thing for a round (or more)?
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
I like senni's idea. To add to the shrine ideas; it would be cool to have shrine cost tiering on two fronts. Relative to player level/class and what wave you are on. I say this because though we like the idea of shrine cost tiering, we don't want it to be the bane of our existence(we don't want to go overboard with cost). To add my last two ideas on vanity armor before we completely kick the subject to the curb; could you somehow impliment the in game select that you took out to substitue for the "website" armor? Also, could you incorporate actual armor into player stats and take stats off armor completely so they are all interchangeable(excluding your class based armor)?

p.s. enjoy the videos?
worthless_Babycakes  oh lord my swords out
For the love of god please don't add upkeep.
Maybe just decrease the amount of money dropped from NPC's?
Increase dramatically house upkeep. 100 gold a day , it's 30 seconds played in hard mode, and you have houses with 40+ members.

Increasing the shrine should be based on what is needed maybe ? Just heal would cost less than healing your horse, repairing your shield, getting arrows and your health , all of this multiply by your level or something ... but it'd be a pain to code I guess ?
The idea of adding some sort of gold sink that doesn't add to gameplay (upkeep, for example) while there is no real purpose in having gold, save for respecs and market-only crafting materials leaves me with a slight gagging sensation.

I'd rather see some sort of temporary bonuses purchasable on the website, like:

-Temporary strength/agility increase for X days
-Temporary increase in item quality, e.g weapon X is changed from normal to masterwork for X days
-Renting temporary non-transferable items not normally purchasable in the marketplace, like crafted items or legendaries.
-Renting a dedicated event server time slot
-Gambling for items and gold, with the odds favoring the "house" (server)

And of course, with private servers being disconnected, you could always charge a fee for polling maps instead of eliminating it entirely, with different fees for normal and hard.
(23-03-2012, 05:31 PM)pleasurus link Wrote: lol. dosh, green, dough, cash, coin, moolah.................monies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3wTXYoCCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUhE5KsJ5hk
you forgot cabbage
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
Haha, so I did, AA. Woke up today with some more thoughts.  For awhile, I've been wondering about "Campaign Strategy" and "Kings Tasks."  I didn't know if you already had plans for them or not, but I hadn't seen anything pertaining to them. Maybe these can be incorporated in what we're trying to do here. I think everyone has had some good ideas so far, so let's keep them coming. It's more probable we find an addition/solution that everyone will agree is fair and enjoyable, if everyone has input.

forever,
                                                                                                                        Major Tom                               
worthless_Babycakes  oh lord my swords out
Is there any way to make deployable shields, medkits, barricades, supply boxes, etc. diminish with use? That way people will need a constant supply of them instead of getting an unlimited supply with one purchase.

I'm trying to think of more original ways to make a gold sink, but they're coming slow  Sad
worthless_Walter_Sobchak    You're out of your element
Causing support items to diminish/break with use would not create a gold sink, because the gold is just going to other players.