Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sharpshooter is a bit disappointing
(05-04-2012, 08:51 PM)Vint link Wrote: crossbow takes 5 sec to reload

Hehe... You need to do some more testing, before misleading the devs.

The crossbow takes, according to my experience, 1.5-2 secs to reload.

(Dunno after 0.4.2, but it's still not 5 sec)

When i said that i assumed a 4 second break, i hadn't tried out crossbow, and i was counting in aim-time + reload-time + shoot-time Wink
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Here are the release notes from the latest patch:

Quote:Due to how crossbows work we are increasing crossbowmen wpf to let them have pinpoint accuracy on even the highest level crossbows, the spread goes on the damage of the crossbow.

Crossbow reload speed has decreased by a little bit to differentiate them more from archers, since crossbows have superior damage.

Crossbows may be a little slower but way more powerful. And not to mention the accuracy, which is absolutely perfect. However they do not take 5 seconds to reload. Plus, when you get some of the legendary crossbows you'll see how quick they are.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(10-04-2012, 09:30 AM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: Here are the release notes from the latest patch:

Quote:Due to how crossbows work we are increasing crossbowmen wpf to let them have pinpoint accuracy on even the highest level crossbows, the spread goes on the damage of the crossbow.

Crossbow reload speed has decreased by a little bit to differentiate them more from archers, since crossbows have superior damage.

Crossbows may be a little slower but way more powerful. And not to mention the accuracy, which is absolutely perfect. However they do not take 5 seconds to reload. Plus, when you get some of the legendary crossbows you'll see how quick they are.

Just to confirm: This!
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Crossbows definitely feel as they should now - well, at least the Siege Crossbow does. I only ever used the Sarranid Crossbow when it was still invisible. But the damage and accuracy buff definitely helps giving us a better role in hard mode instead of a goofy back-up Commando.
Captain_Stoogey
Liking the new crossbow changes, and the new proficiency changes in general, though some stuff could still use a little tweaking. (For example, it feels a bit odd that a Nord Commander can take three gold bolts from a siege crossbow to the head before dying.)

Might just be that Sharpshooters need legendary crossbows to compete in later waves though, since effectiveness drastically falls off as you are unable to oneshot troops with a slow-loading weapon.
I agree, hopefully the craftable or legendary crossbows are better, but as far as I know arbalest will be the only other craftable one other than 'regular'.

I feel rather useless still as a sharpshooter when it takes the same number of headshots as a sniper to kill something, and they can shoot rather fast in comparison aswell.
Auf Blut gebaut
(10-04-2012, 07:15 PM)Diablo link Wrote: I agree, hopefully the craftable or legendary crossbows are better, but as far as I know arbalest will be the only other craftable one other than 'regular'.

I feel rather useless still as a sharpshooter when it takes the same number of headshots as a sniper to kill something, and they can shoot rather fast in comparison aswell.

But look at the names..

Bolt Tosser..
The PENETRATOR..

That makes you drool, eh?Big Grin
[size=1pt]
I've tried both of those and they are both awesome. Bolt Tosser is so quick!!!
"And it goes a little something like this..."
We need more sharpshooters, they are awesome. When Thor and his screamers come at you, the one who can pick out the target is worth their weight in gold.
I think the Gataphretes is also a craftable, bought it on AH for 6k and it's really effective (55 damage and 40 speed) if you're a tier 2 crossbowman.